Houston Astros

NDwas

I completely revamped the Houston Astros' logo and uniform sets. What's old is what's new - blue and orange are back, and the new logo I created returns the team to its space roots. Please enjoy, and C+C is welcome.

Update: the most recent logo set can be found on page 2 of this thread.

astrosnew1.png

astrosnew2.pngastrosnew3.png

astrosnew4.pngastrosnew5.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thmbs up on this. The Astros need to look like Astors, not train dudes. No clue why they haven't figured that out. I like the wordmark, but not hte hat logo. Maybe filling in the double ring and putting in a star shape? I don't know.

This is absolutely fantastic. I haven't seen a lot of Astros concepts where the designer makes the team look more Astro. You did it in a great way.

The Astros need to decide their identity. If they're going to be Astros, be Astro, like this design. If they want to look Old West or train-ish in nature, then go back to the name Colt .45s.

The train has become a part of their identity because Minute Maid was built on the site of the old Union Station depot and incorporated part of it in the design. That being said, I love this concept.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Woah. Could you send that design to the Astros, please? Seriously. If they wore that, it would instantaneously give them the best look in the MLB, period.

(**) (**) (**) (**) (**) .

But one suggestion: try a rocket ship/space shuttle logo with the rings going around it for the alternate/sleeve logo. That could be really cool.

25yzwqg.png

Very good. Did you try using the H-A-Star as the first letter of both Houston and Astros on the jerseys. IDK maybe it would be to much, but it would be something to see. Also a possible sunrise jersey with the H-A-Star in place of the regular blue star. This is one of the most creative and original ideas the concept boards have seen in a while. Well done!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Thank you SO much to everyone for your awesome feedback so far. My goal is to get this kind of response for most - if not all - of my work. So again, thank you.

As requested, here's the whole package with the solid orbit around the H/A/star and the O's. I will agree that it looks better than the two-ring orbit.

astrosnew11.png

astrosnew22.pngastrosnew23.png

astrosnew24.pngastrosnew25.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Archived