NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The reason I don't like the idea of blue pants on the road is that they would inevitably eventually be paired with the home blues. If you guarantee that doesn't happen, I'm good with white over blue or white for a game or two.

This is true... every team with a dark pants option has tried out an ugly monocombo at least once. (This is excluding color rush, even.)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/1/2017 at 10:17 AM, VikWings said:

I like the Lions ditching the black and I don't mind the new wordmark, it's not great but I hated their old one and the number font that mimicked it. That font ruined their jerseys for me.

Might just be the nostalgia talking but I wouldn't mind if they brought back this wordmark:

475.gif

I believe the 49ers used the same wordmark until the mid-aughts. I've always hated it, looks like it came from a circus.

Overall, I'd say the Lions did well on their update, although I'm not a fan of the new wordmark. Just looks bland.

NSFCvyu.png

No details, but according to a letter to season ticket holders, the Lions will be unveiling four uniforms.

Our plans for 2017 also include an approximately $100 million investment from the Ford Family into the stadium. You will be hearing about new videoboards, an all-new sound system and major renovations to several areas of Ford Field in the coming weeks. We’ll also be unveiling four new uniforms on April 13 and are eager to share them with you. Stay tuned.

11 minutes ago, Shumway said:

No details, but according to a letter to season ticket holders, the Lions will be unveiling four uniforms.

Hmm.

Here's my hope: by "uniforms" they're meaning/including "combos", and they'll roll out:

1. Silver/Blue/Silver

2. Silver/White/Silver

3. Silver/White/Blue

4. 50's or 60's throwback

Here's what I wonder though: they don't mean/include "combos" and roll out the following instead (all with a silver helmet):

1. Blue/Silver

2. White/Blue

3. Silver/Silver

4. All Blue Color Rush 

- Blue or Silver pants interchangeable to make more combos. 

I certainly prefer the former if those are possibilities. Unless the alt is the throwback and the fourth is the color rush....I just don't like color rush, though.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The main problem with any "Rams officially ditching the gold" rumor is that we already (more or less) know the jerseys will still contain gold for two more years. Everything points to the Rams making a change in 2019 when they move into the new stadium.

18 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

This is on the Lions team profile page on NFL.com. Notice the blue outline which shows that this is probably going to be on the helmet like the classic logo before the introduction of black.

6Xiovwg.png

Well that above post for the Jags Lions and Rams did say that a blue outline would be present when background is silver.

silver helmet=blue outline?

I'm sort of indifferent to the Lions losing the black.  I think it worked nicely on the helmet logo and stripes on the helmet and pants.  I always thought the black facemask was a bit of overkill. That should've stayed blue.  My biggest issue was always the way the black was just tacked onto the sleeve stripes.  It looked like they were wearing a temporary armband honoring a death or something.

As for the Rams. I get the blue/white nostalgia.  However the royal blue/athletic gold look always screamed "LA Rams" to me more than anything else.  The blue/white combo is rather drab and already owned by the Colts.  I feel like this will be like the Lightning rebrand all over again.  

Archived