College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon State is going all white for their home opener on Saturday and using solid white facemasks with the white helmets instead of the black facemasks they used in the season opener.

IMG_2133.PNG

I dig the solid facemask. All their helmets (up to this point) in the current set used to feature the helmet stipe extended down and painted on the facemask, which I always thought looked really tacky.

13 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

9529890-d.j.-moore-ncaa-football-maryland-florida-international-850x560.jpg

Adidas needs to get rid of these tinfoil numbers and trim. It just looks like crap. I like the Maryland helmet but like was mentioned earlier I'd like to see them save it for the big games and go with the pennant logos for most games. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, radchad said:

I dig the solid facemask. All their helmets (up to this point) in the current set used to feature the helmet stipe extended down and painted on the facemask, which I always thought looked really tacky.

Yeah I'm glad they got rid of that on the white helmets, although I'm curious to see if they did the same for the black and orange ones as well. I actually kind of liked the stripes on the facemasks of the black helmets but they've yet to wear them this season so it's unclear whether they kept that treatment or not.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Adidas needs to get rid of these tinfoil numbers and trim. It just looks like crap. I like the Maryland helmet but like was mentioned earlier I'd like to see them save it for the big games and go with the pennant logos for most games. 

Has Maryland went away from being Under Armours "Oregon"? All I ever see anymore is the flag helmet, red jersey, and white pants.

10 hours ago, Midway said:

Houston looks solid but I just don't like that look for them. I wish they had a little more character to them instead of the bland, traditional thing they got going on. 

I agree, especially when you have a glut of more established/traditional teams like Nebraska, Wisconsin, Alabama, Oklahoma and Stanford (among others) who basically wear the same type of look.  Houston should make more use of gray, IMO

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

23 hours ago, Botiger said:

It wasn't the USS University of Arizona.

Read up: https://www.union.arizona.edu/traditions/scrapbook/history27-2002.php

Helmets: We'll wear white helmets to replicate the color of the upper mast structures on the U.S.S. Arizona. The helmet will house a Block A that appeared on the jersey of one of the U.S.S. Arizona's football teams. In addition, a U.S.S. Arizona bell sticker will be placed on the back of the helmet as will the rally cry of the ship, "At 'Em Arizona." The plate on the front of the helmet, just above the facemask, will recognize the date of the Pearl Harbor attack, 12-7-41.

Jerseys: We'll wear grey jerseys to replicate the color of the U.S.S. Arizona's hull. Instead of traditional last names on the back of the jersey, we're using a back nameplate of BB-39, the ship's hull number. A patch of the medallion worn by Esther Ross at the ship's christening and launch on June 19, 1915 will appear on the front collar. The left shoulder will house a patch of the 48-star flag to recognize Arizona as the 48th state in the union and the right shoulder will house the 47th Fighter Squadron patch, representing the 47th Pursuit Squadron credited with shooting down eight aircraft on Dec. 7, 1941.

Pants: We'll wear red pants to replicate the color of the U.S.S. Arizona's keel.

Archived