College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Awesome! Jordan did a nice job with Michigan, so I'm not worried about them screwing things up. Scrap the current alt uniforms, keep things simple. Maybe add a cream helmet. Add a gray basketball uniform. Don't do too much. 

I do find it kind of hilarious that after Nebraska left for the Big Ten, Oklahoma started using a white helmet with a red stripe. 

I know that's not correlated whatsoever, but the timing always struck me as funny, given the storied rivalry. 

As far as uniforms, less is more with Oklahoma. I like the wood pattern they've used in recent years, but they don't need to get crazy with design. Some teams just look fantastic already and trendy alternates just muck it up. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Should tell them to watch the Junction Boys movie where Bear Bryant tells a father he's preparing his son for war. The father, a World War II veteran who lost an arm says, "This isn't war, it;s football". 

I agree with this statement but the sport of football was heavily influenced by the military post WW2. The sheer influx of vets into the coaching ranks brought over many organizational, training, and tactical elements that they were exposed to during service and incorporated into how the game was played. This was not just confined to football though as many large corporations formed and grew in similar fashion. It's quite fascinating really.

12 minutes ago, guest23 said:

I agree with this statement but the sport of football was heavily influenced by the military post WW2. The sheer influx of vets into the coaching ranks brought over many organizational, training, and tactical elements that they were exposed to during service and incorporated into how the game was played. This was not just confined to football though as many large corporations formed and grew in similar fashion. It's quite fascinating really.

The history of what was influenced by the war is incredibly interesting.

(Side note: I visited the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center in Colombus, GA, the other day. If you ever get the chance to go, do. It's amazing.)

I think there's a difference in football and businesses and others being influenced by military elements and saying football is meant to mimic war, like someone tried to describe to me. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

19 hours ago, H11K said:

The white/blue/white has always been my brother and I's favorite combo. It wouldn't work at all with the current uniforms though :wacko:

The new uniforms and the previous ones are trash. They are too plan and you are right, this combination would not look good these days.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I hated the uniforms this past week, the definition of BFBS...but i welcome the black socks/cleats, mixes the aesthetic of some historic teams, so that's cool to see. 

I liked the BFBS ones, especially as a "one-time" thing. They were much better than the previous BFBS that UM had rolled out a few years ago, as well as those "Miami Ice" ones they had the same year. 

Still, while I do love what UM has done with their uniforms in going back to the more "old school" feel, I really wish that they'd wear orange more than they already do...this week marks I think only the 2nd time they've worn orange all year, which is a travesty. The green ones are good, but UM's really overdone it with those, in my opinion. W/O/W is my favorite combination, and I think a really beautiful set they've got (outside of the shockweb nonsense). They should wear it more than they do. 

22 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Pitt will be going with their beautiful home throwbacks tomorrow night vs. UNC:

CB3C40F8-B951-4809-A035-FFB95FB25B45.thumb.jpeg.8e09cad27730d87a641768574cfd6ae6.jpeg

Should be a really good looking game with the Tarheels going white/white/navy.

This might be a dumb question, but is Pitt really going back to this color scheme next year full-time? This set is absolutely beautiful. 

3 hours ago, 406Cane said:

This might be a dumb question, but is Pitt really going back to this color scheme next year full-time? This set is absolutely beautiful. 

I hope not. I know its an unpopular opinion, but I hate this color scheme. I prefer the navy and gold colors with the panther logo from the Lary Fitzgerald era.

23 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Really.. No AP?

Maybe with all the accusations Nike faces of child labor, they're trying to distance themselves from reckless endangerment. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

I really dislike North Carolina's navy blue pieces. If they'd gone all-white or with Carolina blue pants this game with Pitt would be a strong contender for matchup of the week. 

I actually think the navy pants contrast really nicely with Pitt’s throwbacks. I’m sure I’d have liked the matchup just about as much had the Tarheels gone with the white or Carolina blue pants, but I really like how the navy contrasts with Pitt’s yellow pants.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Oregon State going black/white/black with their alternate black helmets and pants for Saturday’s game at Arizona:

AFBD33C9-797B-4C93-8531-4BE7E495D503.thumb.jpeg.3c050b9f1bc33c03b3e3a9ff7af733f8.jpeg

This should be another really nice combo, just like the black/orange/black they wore against Stanford a couple weeks ago. I’m really thinking they should go with the single orange stripe on their black uniform pieces going forward, that way there’s always a consistent black/orange/black stripe on all of the different colored uniform elements. I might even have to whip up some concepts soon to illustrate my ideas.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 hours ago, 406Cane said:

Agreed. The uniforms they wore tonight are a top 5 look in CFB, in my opinion. I would love to see them switch to those full time next season. 

Archived