NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

2 hours ago, daniel75 said:

I will forever only see Daffy the duck in that logo.

The stick tape is in the shape of a W for Walt Disney, right?

spacer.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/24/2019 at 6:10 PM, Fitzy0220 said:

Exactly! Nobody around Pittsburgh chants Lets Go Penguins or Lets Go Peng-uins, it's simply Lets Go Pens! Nobody Chants Lets Go Pirates or Lets go Pi-rates, it's simply Lets go Bucs. Bucco Baseball or rather Succo Baseball  LOL. Even the Iconic Here We Go Steelers Here We Go, Steelers is said in one syllable 

Iconic? Dozens of teams throughout sports use “here we go [two syllable team name] here we go”. Browns fans, your rival, for example, lengthen their name to “Brownies” for this pretty standard chant.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Iconic? Dozens of teams throughout sports use “here we go [two syllable team name] here we go”. Browns fans, your rival, for example, lengthen their name to “Brownies” for this pretty standard chant.  

Hell, for an NHL specific example, Wings fans also tend to chant "Let's Go Red Wings!", as well, not "Let's Go Wings!".

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Here we go/let's go is the soda/pop of mindless chanting

Contrary to popular belief, I’ve heard both at Wild games...

However, everyone in Minnesota knows it’s pop

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 7/23/2019 at 7:45 PM, the admiral said:

The Sabres' long-term commitment to nibbling around the edges of what people actually want them to wear is something you almost have to respect at this point.

It's been almost ten years since the fracking magnate bought the team and I thought, "He was a season ticket holder in the 80s; obviously he's bringing back the royal blue that they wore back then!" That wasn't even the start of them flirting with the classic uniforms.

We also need to put an end to this 50th anniversary jersey trend. Outside of the base the Kings introduced for the third jersey they put out later on, none of them have looked particularly good with all that gold. I'll give the Ducks a slight pass given they made something that could've passed as a full time alt

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The toilet seat look should be perfect for the Hawks' defensemen this season, since every other team in the league is going to :censored: on 'em.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Upgrade on the Blackhawks collar.  Just kidding.  They should have filled in the pentagon with black and then petition Adidas, along with the rest of the teams in the league, to fix the damn collar.  The only way the collar would ever look good would be to only use the thinner inner stripe.  

How did we outsmart ourselves out of putting a collar on a hockey sweater? The Edge ones looked stupid and these look worse. How is it this hard?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, M4One said:

Upgrade on the Blackhawks collar.  Just kidding.  They should have filled in the pentagon with black and then petition Adidas, along with the rest of the teams in the league, to fix the damn collar.  The only way the collar would ever look good would be to only use the thinner inner stripe.  

By the time a base uniform style hits the field/ice/court, the next one is typically already in the early stages of design. Basically, petitioning would be a waste, as the uniform wheel can only turn so fast.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 7/24/2019 at 9:42 PM, the admiral said:

The balloons sold me: jade, eggplant, orange is the winning play.

There's a simple solution: bring back the Mighty Ducks logo and make the sticks orange. I did it for the Ducks in my Nike NHL series and it looks great.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

14 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Via Uni-Watch. 

Still garbage. 

I completely agree. That was my tweet that Uni-Watch RT'd btw. Back in January '18 I mocked up versions of every adidas garbage collar to see if the Hawks' look could be salvaged. This was the best option I was able to come up with. It still sucks. There's no good reason they can't produce a traditional v-neck for untouchables like the Blackhawks. 

Five more years of stomaching this adidas trash. 🤢

On 7/25/2019 at 6:42 PM, daniel75 said:

I will forever only see Daffy the duck in that logo.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:27 PM, DastardlyRidleylash said:

I mean, all I see in the current logo is a Star Trek badge flipped on it's side. So it kinda goes both ways, lol

Yeah, but only one of those is deliberate :P

Archived