NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned here...

The new Canes aways has a white collar on a white base jersey.  Is there any other team in the league that does that?  Off the top of my head, I can't think of any.

I also find it interesting they went this direction.  Since they moved from Hartford, the collar has always been red and black, and now its white with red trim.  Seems like an interesting choice.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, beardface said:

The new Canes aways has a white collar on a white base jersey.  Is there any other team in the league that does that?  Off the top of my head, I can't think of any.

I also find it interesting they went this direction.  Since they moved from Hartford, the collar has always been red and black, and now its white with red trim.  Seems like an interesting choice.

Several teams do that, especially on newer alternate jerseys. Blues alt, Jets alt, Sharks alt, Flames alt all come to mind. Then there are teams that match the shoulders, like Edmonton and New Jersey so the collar blends in. 

1 hour ago, Sabres7200 said:

Several teams do that, especially on newer alternate jerseys. Blues alt, Jets alt, Sharks alt, Flames alt all come to mind. Then there are teams that match the shoulders, like Edmonton and New Jersey so the collar blends in. 

I meant specifically white on white.  I can't recall any teams that do that (or have done that in the past)

1 hour ago, beardface said:

I meant specifically white on white.  I can't recall any teams that do that (or have done that in the past)

The Canucks kind of did this with the Edge set. Specifically on the road. They did have blue trim at the top of the collar, but the bottom that transitioned into the jersey base was white...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

35 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Canes should have used this, complete with the Captain C containing the 2 warning flags:

(Credit to the artist)

ECbIPo5XoAA6a6A.jpg

This is so much better! Know what would be even better?

Hurricanes01.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

14 minutes ago, nash61 said:

This is so much better! Know what would be even better?

Hurricanes01.png

It's definitely nice looking and it was okay for the era they wore them in.

But the whites I find that they have too many red/black/white/silver patterns all over the place, sometimes every color touches, sometimes every color doesn't touch, all over. I kinda like the simplified looks that the team has gone with nowadays. The warning stripe needs to stay, but I prefer toning it down a bit.

Canes halfway nailed it, until they blew it with the even more unmatching script. I thought they were changing to match the home and roads. But now they match even less than before.

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Canes should have used this, complete with the Captain C containing the 2 warning flags:

(Credit to the artist)

ECbIPo5XoAA6a6A.jpg

Thats nice. See it just shows you that the canes logo isnt that bad. Blows the new double flag logo out of the water.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The Hurricanes just need to go back to the drawing board with a lot of things. You can tell by the constant little changes being made to uniforms that the ownership is having trouble finding anything that sticks, and i think that is due in large part to the name itself. It's cool I guess, but has such limited material to work with. Whether it's coming up with something tangible to represent something like a hurricane or just trying to avoid being totally insensitive, it's a hard name to design something for. I think that this identity crisis is why their logo has always been super unexciting as well. Still, that's no excuse for why it's drawn so poorly. Something as simple as a better-done cyclone mark would go a long way in refreshing the identity while also giving them a chance to create a new, more coherent uniform set. 

spacer.png

On 8/23/2019 at 10:18 AM, beardface said:

The Canadiens also do, though the red shoulders kind of make it not as noticeable.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

26 minutes ago, mattr1198 said:

God those hidden piano keys are just a little added plus on a beautiful logo. So much life and St. Louis spirit!

I love this All-Star logo so friggin' much.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

2 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

God those hidden piano keys are just a little added plus on a beautiful logo. So much life and St. Louis spirit!

The keys are definitely a great Easter egg, one of the better ones I’ve seen in some time.

I’m not sure how one would play that trumpet/bugle, though. 🙂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

This is the first ASG logo I've liked since Nashville '16, but is possibly my favorite, overall.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:08 PM, B-mer said:

Hey so, jerseys, right?

They should have just gone with the thin black ring or match the pentagon to the rest of the collar for one solid look, as someone posted earlier. 

Still garbage. 

Was reading a Panthers Q&A from July by George Richards on The Athletic and saw this big on the Panthers third: 

As far as those third jerseys go, you’ll have to keep waiting. I know a lot of people are hoping for the original reds to come back, but since they already wear red, perhaps the original alternate (the Bure Blues) make a comeback sometime down the road. Or they go off the grid with some tropical design. Just throwing stuff out there.

Sounds like guessing on his part, but interesting to see any red throwback pretty much dismissed in the first sentence. 

Archived