Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

9 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Just gonna leave this here 😛

AvzAaZe.jpg?1

Beautiful uniform. Hopefully the ensuing derailment of the thread until tomorrow at noon because of you pointing that out was worth showing that gorgeous set 😅

spacer.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mattb6 said:

Beautiful uniform. Hopefully the ensuing derailment of the thread until tomorrow at noon because of you pointing that out was worth showing that gorgeous set 😅

Heh, I pointed it out now because this thread will be at least ten more pages along with people discussing the new unis by 1:00 tomorrow afternoon. No one will remember or care about that. Just a little thing to drop in before tomorrow's main event 😜

51 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

All I want from the Browns is this, but with the B/W/B combo to use the same pants as O/W/B and W/W/B combos without the lines in the stripes. Keep it on the Jerseys, it looks good there. It's the best of all eras. It had the White Facemask, Orange and White Pants, a Jersey with a Drop-Shadow, and an Orange Jersey that was pretty good. 

spacer.png

EDIT: Just saw this Tweet. The hashtag is a good sign. The 🔥 is a bad sign, unless he has the same tastes as us.

He said it so fresh.......he hit mason Rudolph in the head again with his own helmet 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I belong to the camp that the Cowboys home whites are incredibly awful, while their dark blue set is easily top 5 in the league. I understand the history of why the whites look like they look, but it's 2020 now and it looks stupid

Cowboys have always been a bit schizoid. The NFL Rule, maybe unwritten, used to be two colors only, exclusive of logo (changed in '93 with Panthers + Jags). But for decades the Cowboys have sported two different 'silvers,' the pants more blue silver than helmet; and at least two 'blues' - numerals in royal blue, helmet and pants stripes dark blue. And those 60s, 70s, 80s blue jerseys (a third shade of blue) ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

wS7MJ6T.png

The teasers really seem to over emphasize the classic uniforms... almost like too much.  Almost like they have something stupid up their sleeve that is going to fall completely flat.  Not saying the entire set will be a failure... but there is SOMETHING happening and I can't put my finger on it.  Also, all the forced player Tweets is getting to be a little much.

7 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I believe gray, a pale gray, may have been exempted. Giants wore it too. Just btw, I have that on VERY good authority.

Believe it or don't, the Cowboys were pushing the envelope with FIVE. (Though the pale gray of their helmet shells may have been exempted 🤔)

wS7MJ6T.png

2 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

The teasers really seem to over emphasize the classic uniforms... almost like too much.  Almost like they have something stupid up their sleeve that is going to fall completely flat.  Not saying the entire set will be a failure... but there is SOMETHING happening and I can't put my finger on it.  Also, all the forced player Tweets is getting to be a little much.

Stripeless pants.

Gods I hope they troll us and show photoshops of the most horriffic set you could think of.  Think a Browns uniform but with the Bucs alarm clock numbers (and some words like "now that nobody in the league is using the alarm clock numbers, we thought it would be a good time to make them part of our fabric"), and the numbers actually light up.  The pants look normal, but then "BROWNS" lights up from time to time.

Then they're like "lol no".  Then bring out the real ones.  It's all virtual anyway - might never get another chance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Gods I hope they troll us and show photoshops of the most horriffic set you could think of.  Think a Browns uniform but with the Bucs alarm clock numbers (and some words like "now that nobody in the league is using the alarm clock numbers, we thought it would be a good time to make them part of our fabric"), and the numbers actually light up.  The pants look normal, but then "BROWNS" lights up from time to time.

Then they're like "lol no".  Then bring out the real ones.  It's all virtual anyway - might never get another chance.

That, plus a certain Cleveland baseball logo, plus the hideous blurry pile of every discarded Cavaliers brand. then sink Cleveland into the lake.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Oh my, the cracks are showing!

I must admit, I'm tempted to get a Otto Graham Ravens jersey, just to be a bit of a douche.

Every now and again, in a similar vein, I’ve been tempted to get a Ray Lewis Browns jersey.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

59 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Stripeless pants.

That’s my biggest fear, though by all other indications, just about everything else (so far) looks pretty solid.

I can live without the Cardiac Kids-era orange pants, even though in my mind they should be the optimal non-white pants option. I can even live with stripeless brown pants (sans orange pants), so long as the white pants have stripes on them. But I don’t think that I can live with all pants not having stripes.

Ideally? Brown, White, and Orange tops, just like the early 2000s set. White pants with O/W/O stripes as the primary pants option, orange pants with B/W/B stripes as the #2 option, and brown pants with stripes (either way) as an occasional road or alternate option. I like the  idea of using gray/silver pants as a Color Rush/alternate look.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

26 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If gray was exempted why bring up the Panthers?

Why are you so worked up about this? 1994 was when the "rule" was opened up, it didn't apply just to the Panthers and Jags and it wasn't changed just for them. Tampa Bay, the 49ers, Chargers, Dolphins, later the Ravens, Titans, and other teams expanded their pallettes too. 

Funny you should post Seahawks and Falcons pics, cause my source - I guess it's not secret - Broncos NFL Properties man Joe Ellis (now team president) and then Broncos GM and NFL front office vet John Beake. I guess that during the previous rounds of expansion in 1967 - (Dolphins, Bengals in AFL, Falcons, Saints in NFL) - one or more teams really wanted a multi-color 60s thing - I think maybe the Saints. So Beake and the league office had to quickly come up with a "rule." The story was told as an anecdote, a funny thing.

So there.

wS7MJ6T.png

44 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

That’s my biggest fear, though by all other indications, just about everything else (so far) looks pretty solid.

I can live without the Cardiac Kids-era orange pants.

Stripeless pants? I can't imagine.

orange pants work though, definitely.

(but not these)

spacer.png

wS7MJ6T.png

Archived