NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's a throwback.

It's actually a fauxback as the correct helmet would have been white and didn't have a facemask. Therefore, I believe a white facemask would have looked better since they can't wear the white helmet until next year. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

15 hours ago, nuordr said:

It's actually a fauxback as the correct helmet would have been white and didn't have a facemask. Therefore, I believe a white facemask would have looked better since they can't wear the white helmet until next year. 

A white facemask would have made no sense for that helmet design or the reason for the uniform in general. 

Nothing upsets me more when a team makes a throwback but it ends up being some totally new thing like what Washington did. If you can't find a way to do some form of throwback then why even bother? If the helmet and the jersey have to be from different years that's fine, but it's atleast doing something that is throwing back to history. Thankfully, 2021 will be the last time the mismatching will stop.

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

On 7/24/2021 at 10:10 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Twitter: “What’s the difference?”

It's always funny to see the GP's reaction to these things. All over Reddit the comments were complaining that it looked like a Bengals jersey...

A set the Browns have basically worn before. That is mostly the same as our current road uniform. With a throwback helmet we've worn before (essentially). And it's not just the drop shadow, which of course the Bengals used to wear, but some were arguing that the sleeves were too similar. Yes, our classic sleeve stripes seen on our uniforms since the 40s are too reminiscent of Boomer Esiason suddenly. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

It's always funny to see the GP's reaction to these things. All over Reddit the comments were complaining that it looked like a Bengals jersey...

A set the Browns have basically worn before. That is mostly the same as our current road uniform. With a throwback helmet we've worn before (essentially). And it's not just the drop shadow, which of course the Bengals used to wear, but some were arguing that the sleeves were too similar. Yes, our classic sleeve stripes seen on our uniforms since the 40s are too reminiscent of Boomer Esiason suddenly. 

Some of these people would know the difference unless the franchise changed colors. Maybe that is why we have now have Nike's city connect in baseball and the 700 uniforms in the NBA. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, JayMac said:

Some of these people would know the difference unless the franchise changed colors. Maybe that is why we have now have Nike's city connect in baseball and the 700 uniforms in the NBA. 

Yep.

In order for the Squares to notice that these alternate uniforms are actually alternate uniforms, teams have to go so far outside the box that they don't look like themselves anymore.  

• Like 7

Ravens have military-like patches that must mean something internally, and use different templates for their same uniforms. They're also one of the few teams that don't wear specific mesh or lightweight practice jerseys w/ screen print either.

• Like 1

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

6 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Ravens have military-like patches that must mean something internally, and use different templates for their same uniforms. They're also one of the few teams that don't wear specific mesh or lightweight practice jerseys w/ screen print either.

I’d say those are more pride patches (like Ohio State puts on their helmets) than military patches. They have always used basically game jerseys for practice since Nike took over. It does look like they are probably debuting the new template this year.

On 7/27/2021 at 6:39 PM, -Akronite- said:

These reactions made it all the way up to ownership.  JW's response in an interview was to laugh it off and say "we were here first." Honestly I wish they didn't even acknowledge it, because it is so absurd. 

You'd either have to be blind or a complete idiot to think the Browns copied off the Bengals.

• Like 1

I ordered my jersey after midnight Friday. Shockingly it arrived today. Only 5 days after I ordered it. It looks really nice. Can't wait to see it on the field. I wonder how it would look paired with their modern helmet and their brown pants?

• Like 6

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

9 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

“I wonder how it would look paired with their modern helmet and their brown pants?”

At this point, with Browns fans showing a strong affinity for the orange pants, and the introduction of the throwback with white pants,  I would be in favor of just throwing out the brown pant option. It’s easily the worst look they have (assuming they never wear the color rush again), and there is no need for 4 possible combinations they could wear with a white jersey. I would wear brown/white for home 1:00 games, brown/orange for home nationally broadcast games, white/white for road 1:00 games, white/orange for road primetime games. I would sprinkle in the throwback for 1 home game, and maybe the Christmas Day game @ Lambeau.

• Like 7

I ordered my jersey after midnight Friday. Shockingly it arrived today. Only 5 days after I ordered it. It looks really nice. Can't wait to see it on the field. I wonder how it would look paired with their modern helmet and their brown pants?

Did you get it customized or order a player? I don't like wearing the jersey of someone that muight be traded or leave so I usually get them with my name and number on instead. 

The brown pants would be okay if they had a white stripe in the middle, but the white and orange pants are all they really needed. The color rush pants are annoying as hell since they're plain brown. 

18 hours ago, dont care said:

I’d say those are more pride patches (like Ohio State puts on their helmets) than military patches. They have always used basically game jerseys for practice since Nike took over. It does look like they are probably debuting the new template this year.

I never understood why they cling to Elite 51 when there's nothing the template does that helps the look of the jerseys. Indianapolis makes no sense either. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Did you get it customized or order a player? I don't like wearing the jersey of someone that muight be traded or leave so I usually get them with my name and number on instead. 

The brown pants would be okay if they had a white stripe in the middle, but the white and orange pants are all they really needed. The color rush pants are annoying as hell since they're plain brown. 

I never understood why they cling to Elite 51 when there's nothing the template does that helps the look of the jerseys. Indianapolis makes no sense either. 

I ordered the Nick Chubb Vapor Limited Jersey. I have a good feeling he's not going anywhere.

• Like 2

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

On the 2021 sideline attire front, New Era released all the sideline hats this week and they're using this alternate logo for the Ravens, which does look better as a hat logo than the regular helmet logo. 

It's kind of reminiscent of the 90s Hawks and Timberwolves logos and current Grizzlies front-facing mark, but I sort of wish they'd use it more:

Baltimore Ravens NFL Sideline Home 39THIRTY Stretch Fit | Baltimore Ravens Hats | New Era Cap

• Like 15

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The pattern that goes from the crown to the bill is one of the worst elements I've ever seen from new era. On some of the hat models it doesn't even line up correctly. Not sure what look they were going for here...looks like the embroidery machine got jammed.

• Like 9

On 8/4/2021 at 2:37 PM, guest23 said:

The pattern that goes from the crown to the bill is one of the worst elements I've ever seen from new era. On some of the hat models it doesn't even line up correctly. Not sure what look they were going for here...looks like the embroidery machine got jammed.

It's nothing new. Reebok had been doing weird hat designs for years back in the early aughts. I actually had one and it actually was my favorite hat for awhile.

s-l300.jpg

m_5e6acfe5de696acfa89a0af4.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

On 7/30/2021 at 8:52 PM, PittsburghSucks said:

I ordered the Nick Chubb Vapor Limited Jersey. I have a good feeling he's not going anywhere.

ESPN’s Bill Barnwell: But running backs are fungible and should all be given one-year deals at the league minimum and used no more than absolutely necessary!!!!!1!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

ESPN’s Bill Barnwell: But running backs are fungible and should all be given one-year deals at the league minimum and used no more than absolutely necessary!!!!!1!

He's not the only one to say that. The key is in knowing when you have a running back who isn't fungible.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.