2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

13 minutes ago, Newfie said:

My theory on why plain white "socks" has become so popular. Most guys don't even wear socks with that look. It's just their compression pants.

In that case, we need teams to develop compression pants in the color that their socks SHOULD be. I think this may be part of it, but there’s definitely the “icy white” aspect of it that the younger players seem to adore.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Newfie said:

My theory on why plain white "socks" has become so popular. Most guys don't even wear socks with that look. It's just their compression pants.

That video right there shows why its so popular. #11's pants are pulled above his knees, and wearing the same color leggings as pants makes that harder to notice in motion as it would with 2 different colors. Technically, that should be a penalty, or a fine, but the flag never gets thrown, and they make enough money not to care. 

15 hours ago, DNAsports said:

and red socks too

spacer.png

Why they’re withholding them from us is a little perplexing, The above combination, but with black socks would be nice to see. Even black-red-black would be a breath of fresh air.

Instead, we get stuck with all white and all black and rarely anything in between.

I know they have them but for whatever reason, they're not shown at all in either the 2020 style guide or the one for this season from what I was shown.  

Makes me think they were mothballed on purpose

On 9/14/2021 at 11:19 PM, tBBP said:

Can someone remind the Texans that their red socks did exist at one point...and if they still do, maybe wear those with the navy pants again???

Yes they exist still.

I wish they went back to the way the look was from the first season until the blue socks were paired with the navy pants.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:38 PM, BBTV said:

Mine too, but it really needs the white bottom on the socks.  Colored pants with colored full-length sox just doesn't work for me - especially if the socks are the same color as the jersey.  It looks like a teal body suit that he threw some black biker shorts on top of.

Biker Supertroopers GIF - Biker Supertroopers Idiot - Discover & Share GIFs

Sorry I couldn't pass up the ability to use this. Hahahahahaha!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, dont care said:

You say this like the Falcons have a choice. Also fabric absorbing heat due to color really is minimal, it’s mostly psychological, and the Jaguars don’t need to point to jersey colors for why they will be getting blown out every week, their awful team is to blame for that.

Teams have worn the more comfortable color when they had to visit the hot weather places before. The Panthers many times, the Titans, and the Bears in 2018 when visiting the Dolphins. Atlanta could have chosen their red jerseys. They aren't even wearing the gradient red in their home stadium. They favor their throwbacks more, which is why they are wearing them two times.

In 2014 the Seahawks players were affected by the heat when Seattle was visiting the Chargers in San Diego. The game was really hot and the Seahawks players were gassed as the game went on. 

We will see if the Jaguars are still a team picking top 5 in the draft. I guess the gameplay on the field isn't the only thing that will get hot. 

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

I know they have them but for whatever reason, they're not shown at all in either the 2020 style guide or the one for this season from what I was shown.  

Makes me think they were mothballed on purpose

I’m wondering if they’d be taken out of the closet once the Falcons (hopefully) roll out a red alternate helmet next year 

Falcons going with the best version of their black uniform. I was hoping with the coaching change, we’d see this look more. They wore it once in preseason as well. They need to start wearing black socks with the white set instead of the leotard look.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/atlanta-falcons-2021-uniform-schedule#329c4b12-4d03-490d-8437-d39984758c4a

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

In 2014 the Seahawks players were affected by the heat when Seattle was visiting the Chargers in San Diego. The game was really hot and the Seahawks players were gassed as the game went on. 

Team from the north where it rains more often then it is sunny goes down south and gets gassed. Yes that did happen, no it wasn’t because of what they wore. It was because they weren’t acclimated and that’s it.

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Washington has announced white-on-white for tonight against the Giants 

The worst of all their possible looks.  Every other combo - B&W, B&G, B&B, W&B, W&G is superior to W&W.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The worst of all their possible looks.  Every other combo - B&W, B&G, B&B, W&B, W&G is superior to W&W.

I think the gold pants are done for now. I'm personally fine with them wearing white/white for primetime games and it's definitely better than burgundy/burgundy.

Archived