MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

12 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I never liked the Mets BFBS look and I am annoyed that they brought it back. Having said that, their black jerseys look much better with the blue piping.

I think BFBS adds a lot to the Mets' identity purely as an alternate look. It really captures that "NYC at night" feeling. Where the Mets went wrong the first time around was cramming black trim into their regular home and road jerseys, where it added nothing and only detracted from the bold color scheme and classic design. It looked particularly bad on the white and pinstripe jerseys because the drop shadows actually hurt the legibility of the script and the NOBs. They aren't repeating that mistake this time around, so it's not a problem, IMO.

• Like 8

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

11 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I think BFBS adds a lot to the Mets' identity purely as an alternate look. It really captures that "NYC at night" feeling. Where the Mets went wrong the first time around was cramming black trim into their regular home and road jerseys, where it added nothing and only detracted from the bold color scheme and classic design. It looked particularly bad on the white and pinstripe jerseys because the drop shadows actually hurt the legibility of the script and the NOBs. They aren't repeating that mistake this time around, so it's not a problem, IMO.

Mets should only have:

Home white pinstripes

Road grays with piping

Blue Mets alt (orange and white on the jersey only, no black)

Black Mets alt (bring back blue placket piping)

2 hats: Primary blue with orange NY (no outline), black hat for black alt jersey

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The Mets' brand did just fine for 36 years before they decided to jump on the BFBS bandwagon. Having a black alternate without any black anywhere in your other uniforms isn't a solution, it just makes the black uniform look even more tacky/gimmicky.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Mets' brand did just fine for 36 years before they decided to jump on the BFBS bandwagon. Having a black alternate without any black anywhere in your other uniforms isn't a solution, it just makes the black uniform look even more tacky/gimmicky.

I would normally agree with you, but for some reason I just really like that black Mets jersey. As long as black only stays on that uniform, I think it's a fine addition to their set

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I agree that their brand was fine without it, but it doesn't mean there can't be a place for it. For better or worse, it's part of the Mets' history now (especially since they went to a World Series in the BFBS era) and totally valid to throw back to. It's probably best to think of it like a third jersey in hockey or a clash jersey in soccer rather than a traditional baseball alternate.

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

8 hours ago, McCall said:

Mets should only have:

Home white pinstripes

Road grays with piping

2 hats: Primary blue with orange NY (no outline), black hat for black alt jersey

You have two too many jerseys and one too many hats.

But I'm old😆😅😂🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Anubis2051 said:

Armed forces day caps are up:

https://www.mlbshop.com/armed-forces-day/c-2346026371+z-929949-2387404665?ab={wt-static_graphic1}{pt-Home}{al-ASpot}{ct-ArmedForces}

Still using a fashion camo pattern, rather than anything issued by any branch.

spacer.png

The Angels hat says "ANGELS" in the side patch.

I guess New Era just went back to ol' reliable after last year's Fourth of July attempt.

IbjBaeE.png

12 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:
8 hours ago, McCall said:

Mets should only have:

Home white pinstripes

Road grays with piping

But I'm old😆😅😂🤣

I'm old, too.  But I can, very occasionally, relax my fundamental disapproval of coloured jerseys. The Mets blue road jersey is the only coloured jersey that I actually like.

But, get that black garbage out of here.  It's so totally wrong for that team. 

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

https://www.mlbshop.com/armed-forces-day/c-2346026371+z-929949-2387404665?ab={wt-static_graphic1}{pt-Home}{al-ASpot}{ct-ArmedForces}

spacer.png

I like the fact there is a MLB hat amongst the bunch 😅

I saw, I came, I left.

12 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

But I'm old😆😅😂🤣

I actually tend to agree with you, but the black jersey isn't going anywhere, so. I actually like the blue Mets jersey. In a perfect world, you'd have the home, road and blue alt with primary hat only.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

On 5/2/2022 at 2:36 PM, Anubis2051 said:

spacer.png

Aren't the camo patterns copyrighted and why they can't be used?  Also, so the fashion camo pattern can be copyrighted by New Era.

On 5/1/2022 at 8:29 PM, Marlins93 said:

I never liked the Mets BFBS look and I am annoyed that they brought it back. Having said that, their black jerseys look much better with the blue piping.

I'm not a huge fan myself. I prefer them in blue and orange. But at least the Mets have a tenuous claim to not being BFBS, since their uniforms are supposed to be made from elements of the Giants, Dodgers, and Yankees.

• Like 1

The Mets don't look great in colored jerseys for whatever reason. They need to stick to white (pinstripes) or grey. Maybe it's a Serious New York Team thing.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Mets don't look great in colored jerseys for whatever reason. They need to stick to white (pinstripes) or grey. Maybe it's a Serious New York Team thing.

Dude, I don't think there has been anything serious about the Mets in awhile....

Joking aside, the Yankees already have that Serious New York Team thing down.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but I really liked the Mets off-white pinstriped uniforms. 

But my ideal Mets uniform would a return to the '86 Mets look, but adapted to the modernized button-down style like Minnesota and Texas have done recently with updates to their old pullover-style jerseys. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3