2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

5 minutes ago, Delicate Genius said:

Is this the jersey Martha Stewart leaked a couple weeks ago?

spacer.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/Calsi0YLzCD/

For their "Next Gen Game"

This look is gonna be 🔥

/s 🙃

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

8 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

The 2000-07 alternate should've been the base for their Edge look and it's a look that would've looked great even today.

Even if you replace the 3D logo with the 2D version, it would still look great.

You got me there, since I love that jersey!

I do wonder how viable the design would be post-VGK, but I’d give Ottawa precedence.

On 3/17/2022 at 9:01 AM, spartacat_12 said:

I'm wondering if putting out hype videos like this was a condition of the partnership. If not, it's a complete slap in the face of fans to tease a sponsor patch by using the words "Our Crest".

Also, I'm really curious who the Blue Jackets, who play in Nationwide Arena, located on Nationwide Boulevard, next to Nationwide Plaza, down the street from a soccer team with Nationwide on their kits, will feature as a jersey partner 🙄.

Victoria's Secret. 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Uhmm Capitals was first team.

By retro they meant Reverso Retro I guess not regular retro.

Well the Caps can’t put their ad on their road jerseys because of different state laws on sports betting. So the Blue Jackets are the first to have it on all their jerseys…

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Well the Caps can’t put their ad on their road jerseys because of different state laws on sports betting. So the Blue Jackets are the first to have it on all their jerseys…

Really? I didn't know that, anyway it is not something to be proud of that you're first.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

Someone asked in the MLB thread why would a company actually buy an ad on a uniform, because nobody has ever seen a jersey ad and decided to buy that product.

My response was that "because if they don't, their competitor will".  I honestly don't even know if Safelite has any competitors, mostly because they advertise all the time.  I guess just regular body shops are their competitors?

But if they do have a competitor that's struggling for recognition, getting that ad space would be priceless for them.  So for Safelite, it doesn't really help them pick up sales, but it keeps their competition down, which probably makes it worth while.  It's more of a defensive move.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I still don't get all this hate about the ads on jerseys. Yes I agree that it sucks that they have to appear on the jerseys, but the size of these ads are so tiny, that we won't see them during in game action. Only time we will see them is when they zoom in on players during breaks of play or during replays. I really don't see the big deal. Lets just be happy they aren't like the European jersey that are covered in them. On top of that, when people go to purchase these jerseys, the ads won't be on them. They only way you'll get them is if you buy a game used jersey... although I'm not sure if Adidas is doing that anymore if I recall.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 2
  • Dislike 5

1 hour ago, kiwi_canadian said:

I still don't get all this hate about the ads on jerseys. Yes I agree that it sucks that they have to appear on the jerseys, but the size of these ads are so tiny, that we won't see them during in game action. Only time we will see them is when they zoom in on players during breaks of play or during replays. I really don't see the big deal. Lets just be happy they aren't like the European jersey that are covered in them. On top of that, when people go to purchase these jerseys, the ads won't be on them. They only way you'll get them is if you buy a game used jersey... although I'm not sure if Adidas is doing that anymore if I recall.

Not sure about that part. Ads are on NBA retail jerseys. I think that's the way we will see the NHL go.

• Like 1

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

12 minutes ago, logo-maker said:

Not sure about that part. Ads are on NBA retail jerseys. I think that's the way we will see the NHL go.

Ads are on NBA retail jerseys only sold at the arena.  If you take a look at Fanatics and other retail sites, jerseys with ads are not available. 

• Like 3

Only time we will see them is when they zoom in on players during breaks of play or during replays.

So 200 times per game?

Lets just be happy they aren't like the European jersey that are covered in them

Remember 10 years ago when we were all happy that American sports had commercial breaks instead of uniform advertisements like European sports do? Now we have both, but apparently that's still worth being happy about.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Yawn 1

32 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

to grow player salaries

This is being used to deepen the owners' pockets. Players vs. owners isn't a both sides thing. Not every player is a multi-millionaire.

• Like 5

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)