Unpopular Opinions

It's not as much of an improvement as I'd imagined...the middle photo shows it best because of the lighting but in some lighting it looks just as bad as the monochrome.

I think the problem is that the socks are the same color as the pants, which has never looked good on any team in any color at any time. I don't think slate blue socks would look good, but they'd have been better than navy blue.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You know what's wrong with the Eagles? The green. Not that it looks bad, but it doesn't fit the city. It's too pleasant of a color. Seeing Philly meatheads tailgating wearing pretty green hats and shirts just doesn't mesh well. They need orange and black like the Flyers, or plain red and blue like the Sixers. The Phillies' cream alternates don't work either, for the same reason.

I've never thought of Midnight Green as pretty. I always thought it was more a grimier, grungier color (I also root for an NFC East team not named the Eagles, so maybe my choice of words is a little harsh.). For that reason, I've never seen why they needed to add black to it. Kelly Green and Black? I see it. Midnight and Kelly Green? Could be interesting. Midnight Green and Black? Too close to really work well together, IMO.

Someone, anyone, needs to use Bronze. I've been thinking the Rockies or Raptors recently for some reason.

x3BfCmI.jpg

A few tweaks and these are this is a great jerseys.

Fixed. Those 1990s Rockets jerseys have a special place in uniform hell for me, but I never got the hate for the neon green Seahawks jerseys.

This:19vorsmd4og3emfukkimxip9c.gifis >

this:4hchkrysy37p2i5s5fn69xl5v.gif

Sure the teal needs to return, but their current logo looks better than the generic, personality-less fish of their first 18 years.

Not a big fan of the abstract marlin in the current logo, but swap out the light blue with the original teal and minimize/remove the yellow and the Marlins would have perhaps one of my favorite color schemes in general (though less black, please). And yes, the M has a lot more character than the F ever did.

I like non-traditional pants stripes (Bucs, Jags) and the Bucs shoulder yoke.

There, I said it.

The pant stripes need work, but I'll agree with you on the yokes. It's an element I welcome in the NFL. It adds some distinction to certain teams, teams that don't have the tradition of such organizations as the Packers, Bears, Raiders, Colts, etc. Ya know, teams that would never drastically change their uniforms.

This:19vorsmd4og3emfukkimxip9c.gifis >

this:4hchkrysy37p2i5s5fn69xl5v.gif

Sure the teal needs to return, but their current logo looks better than the generic, personality-less fish of their first 18 years.

I agree...two reasons I like the rebrand better than the original.

1. The "Miami Marlins" name has history...much like the Baltimore Orioles, Milwaukee Brewers, San Diego Padres and Los Angeles Angels, it's been the traditional name for minor-league teams in the city.

2. The brand and color scheme exude Miami's spirit. Would I want them for a Northeast or Midwest team? Of course not. But Miami ISN'T like these other cities...it's known for its neon lights, South Beach and party lifestyle. Much better brand than the pseudo-traditional design of the Tampa Bay Rays.

bYhYmxh.png

I love the Marlins' logo itself, I just would have fine-tuned the color scheme to include some green and a second shade of orange (red-orange, creamsicle).

Z2lwoQz.jpg

A logo based on Miami looks wrong without any green. There's so much greenery! You have to have green.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like non-traditional pants stripes (Bucs, Jags) and the Bucs shoulder yoke.

There, I said it.

The pant stripes need work, but I'll agree with you on the yokes. It's an element I welcome in the NFL. It adds some distinction to certain teams, teams that don't have the tradition of such organizations as the Packers, Bears, Raiders, Colts, etc. Ya know, teams that would never drastically change their uniforms.
Absolutely. The Bucs yoke isn't perfect, especially in the back, I'll admit that. I would've hoped for one closer to the Titans.

The stripes aren't the greatest, but any triple-stripe would've been way out of place here.

spacer.png

I love the Marlins' logo itself, I just would have fine-tuned the color scheme to include some green and a second shade of orange (red-orange, creamsicle).

Z2lwoQz.jpg

A logo based on Miami looks wrong without any green. There's so much greenery! You have to have green.

This here actually looks better.

Just minimalize the use of black.

Z2lwoQz.jpg

I like your idea of adding green but a second orange makes that way too busy...

Z2lwoQz.jpg

I agree with the rationale, but that ^^ makes me want to play UNO for six hours.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like the silhouette marlin. But I wonder, why do I not see this labeled as "soulless" as is so often done with the Dolphins? (I like the dolphins logo so I don't feel any fit this bill)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)