Unpopular Opinions

I think the Red Wings' preseason nameplates look way better than the arched ones they use normally.

180801227_slide.jpg

I know this is the unpopular opinions thread, but sometimes opinions are wrong.

Those straight nameplates lack any of the elegance or dignity of the arched nameplates. They also use a really clunky font.

PvO6ZWJ.png

^^^^^

The problem is no team can pull chrome off right.

The Bucs got close, if they went for a look similar to the Rutgers one I posted, more rustic and weathered, then I think their idea would have worked. The problem with their identity is they overdesigned it, like a Volkswagen, it's too clean and doesn't have enough soul.

If the Bucs' new uniforms are any kind of car, they're a Powell Homer.

Unknown.jpeg

Somewhere I imagine someone at Nike had a line along the thinking of "Powerful like a gorilla" in the Bucs' uniform design process...and the same reasoning Homer had for the antenna ball, else where do we get reflective trim on the numbers?

Edited by DustDevil61

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

^^^^^

The Bucs got close, if they went for a look similar to the Rutgers one I posted, more rustic and weathered, then I think their idea would have worked. The problem with their identity is they overdesigned it, like a Volkswagen, it's too clean and doesn't have enough soul.
The Bucs unis are too CLEAN?

Lolololololololololololololololololololololololol

Clean ≠ Good

Pirates are stereotypically dirty, the Bucs uniforms however, are not. The numbers remind people of an alarm clock, digital clocks weren't invented until 200 years after the existance of pirates.

To give it a pop culture reference, the Bucs uniforms are Steve the Pirates from the movie Dodgeball when he cleans up at the end

aUQCMsS.gif

Something like this

10930004-standard.jpg

Tinted Bucs pewter would look 1000x better than the helmet they have now.

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

I like the L.A. Kings jersey's, I don't love them but I like them.

They're actually nice jerseys; they'd be even better if they had the crown alone on the front instead of the pencil stub.

That said, I still feel like it was a downgrade to take the purple out of their color scheme.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Opinions are never right or wrong; they're "opinions".

My opinion is that Florida is a mountainous state.

^^^^^

Clean ≠ Good

Pirates are stereotypically dirty, the Bucs uniforms however, are not. The numbers remind people of an alarm clock, digital clocks weren't invented until 200 years after the existance of pirates.

RTXBIUW.jpg

• Like 1

I actually like the Islanders' fisherman logo. If it were for a minor league team, it would have been perfect. It says what the nickname is (what exactly is an islander? that guy), what sport (he has a hockey stick, and is in front of a net), it says the location (fisherman wearing a noreaster rain jacket? it's east coast and long island enough), and it looks cool (Gorton's notwithstanding, the guy looks fierce).

The blue version of the jersey looks great. I bet if they made that the third in 1995 instead of ditching the dynasty look completely, it would be held in the same regard as the Ranger's "Lady Liberty."

I hate the Fisherman logo (too cartoonish and detailed, not a strong enough identity), number font and execution of the striping from that era, but I do LOVE the concept of the wave striping/shoulder yoke and the color scheme.

• Like 1

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Opinions are never right or wrong; they're "opinions".

My opinion is that Florida is a mountainous state.
Except that's not an opinion.
My opinion is that it is an opinion.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

But as far as an unpopular opinion goes....

Am I the only one who loves the Chiefs in all red??

They looked like ketchup packets in the red helmet/red jersey/red pants look. Unpopular opinion indeed!

Most ketchup packets I've seen are white.

I believe you would be thinking of ketchup bottles...

But yes on topic I like the Chiefs in all red

I hate the Fisherman logo (too cartoonish and detailed, not a strong enough identity), number font and execution of the striping from that era, but I do LOVE the concept of the wave striping/shoulder yoke and the color scheme.

I'm torn also on that identity. I love the logo and the color scheme but hate the numbers, wave striping and yoke.

^^^^^

Clean ≠ Good

RTXBIUW.jpg

I mean you're not wrong, but there is no way anyone actually interpreted my post as meaning those pirates

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

I think the Red Wings' preseason nameplates look way better than the arched ones they use normally.

180801227_slide.jpg

Those straight nameplates lack any of the elegance or dignity of the arched nameplates. They also use a really clunky font.

A simple "I disagree" would've sufficed, you know...

Frankly I don't think I've ever been a fan of arched nameplates. You find them elegant and dignified, and more power to you, but honestly I've always found them pointless and unnecessary. Plus, I actually do really like that bold, serif'd font.