Unpopular Opinions

Nike certainly made us uncomfortable with these uniforms, but I think they normalized quickly and are great, unique, modern uniforms. 

Image result for tampa bay buccaneers 2018

Image result for seattle seahawks 2018

Cleveland makes the cut if it's not for the wordmarks on the pants. Overall, if you squint, the Browns uniforms are pretty good. I even love the contrasting stitching. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Nike certainly made us uncomfortable with these uniforms, but I think they normalized quickly and are great, unique, modern uniforms. 

Cleveland makes the cut if it's not for the wordmarks on the pants. Overall, if you squint, the Browns uniforms are pretty good. I even love the contrasting stitching. 

I think if you got rid of the alarm clock font and the mismatching sleeve logos, the Bucs would look 100x better. 

• Like 8

AmPJ0Ty.png 

19 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Zippers on the front of the jersey probably aren't the most comfortable thing when sliding head first into a bag...  

You gotta give the uniform manufacturers time to design a Cool Flex Zip version of their jerseys with a zipper absorbing panel to wick away the discomfort of sliding into the bases.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2018 at 10:39 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Seahawks uniforms are really good outside of the Seahawks on the stripe, some of the top in the league. Bucs and Browns though? Should be burned

• Like 2

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 11/29/2018 at 10:39 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Partly agree. I think the Seahawks look good. I wish they'd wear a different sock color when everything else is blue but overall they have a unique look that works well for them.

For Tampa, obviously the number font needs to go. And they need desperately to either find a way to make the pewter uniform elements look more metallic, or drop the pewter pants and yoke and keep it confined to numbers and striping and the helmet (which, by the way, I still like).

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 12:20 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I want to see pullover jerseys make a comeback! With thick stripes on the sleeves and on the top of the pants

Along with powder blue road uniforms and stirrups, that's one part of past baseball aesthetics that needs to stay in the past.

• Like 6

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Seahawks uniforms are really good outside of the Seahawks on the stripe, some of the top in the league. Bucs and Browns though? Should be burned

Remove the Seahawks stripe and stop going mono all the time (throw the navy pants out if you have too) and it's actually a pretty nice uniform.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

Remove the Seahawks stripe and stop going mono all the time (throw the navy pants out if you have too) and it's actually a pretty nice uniform.

Don’t see the issue with mono, different color socks help, but most times mono works. Unless of course the color itself is ugly

• Like 5

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 12/7/2018 at 11:28 PM, BJ Sands said:

Yes. Thank you. Stirrups are dumb. 

I liked this post, but to be clear (and more specific), there's a certain style of stirrups that I think are truly dumb: Baseball aesthetics in the 70s and 80s were at an arguably all-time low. And stirrups with enlarged loops were a big part of that:

cropped_GettyImages-507100814.jpg?ts=145

I just don't get the mid-calf, tight pants, and stirrups with only the stirrups themselves showing-look. (And that doesn't even address the pull-over jersey and sansabelt, etc.)

In the 40s, 50s, as well as likely before and after that time (though the 40s are what stick out most to me when thinking of this style), baseball uniforms obviously included stirrups as well, but the openings were far smaller, showing much more color and any potential striping.

49111h_lg.jpeg

Now, as with all things related to sports aesthetics (and really design and art), this is all opinion. I understand that there are many that would disagree with me because the uniform worn by Teke is one that represents baseball as it was when they fell in love with the sport. I just think that stirrups like those in the second picture can offer more the overall look of a uniform.

• Like 7

I like v-neck pullover baseball jerseys.. never understood the hate for them.. every other jersey-wearing sport features a pullover-style jersey.. Not sure why baseball HAS to be an exception..

Don't get me wrong, I love traditional button-up jerseys as well, but I think there's plenty of room for both styles in the sport

• Like 4