NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The standalone C from the Bulls' "Chicago" wordmark is TERRIBLE. It blows. Stop using it.

I've tried to think of how to do a good 'C' monogram for the Bulls and I can't do it. The arched C from the wordmark doesn't work. The C from "CHICAGO BULLS" in the primary doesn't work. I thought about connecting the bull's horns and turning them sideways (and sticking them straight up Dwyane Wade's candy ass?), but that doesn't look very good, either. I suppose it's just not a necessary piece of the package, the same way the Lakers' isolated streaking 'L' is unncessary.
The C from the cursive script that looks like the late 80s white sox cap logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't think I've stumbled upon an NBA game with the home team in white and the road team in whatever yet this season. Everything seems to be color-on-color, which can look good but is being overdone (case in point: the Knicks and Hawks wearing their alternates, which are orange and red, for who knows what reason), or the home team wearing their alternate or road with the road team in their home whites. It's like any uniform standards that were remotely being followed have been thrown completely out the window.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

WTF???????? They went there? Almost tuned into that game too. Really wished I would've seen it.

I'm sure it's been discussed already, sorry guys...but what happened to the Bucks' new court? Finally watched them at home this season and they're using the old one.

WTF???????? They went there? Almost tuned into that game to. Really wished I would've seen it.

I'm sure it's been discussed already, sorry guys...but what happened to the Bucks' new court? Finally watched them at home this season and they're using the old one.

It was too slippery

It'll be used this season when they fix it

Second, they are just too tight. The players don't wear their normal unis that tight so why do they do it with these? I definitely don't want to see a overweight fan squeeze into one of those so here's hoping they fit more like soccer jerseys on fans.

The reason they're so tight is they want the sleeve to be tight (so it's not an obstruction, hence highlighting the reason sleeves are ridiculous in the first place), and it would look silly if the rest of the jersey fit like a normal jersey. They're going for that compression undershirt look. It's all ridiculous and I can't wait for it to be gone next season.

Yellow and red are fine, especially in the example you posted. Both are primary colors on a color wheel. Easily distinguished.

The others suck. Orange = Red+Yellow, you can't play it against a red or yellow jersey like that. Yuck.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Yellow and red are fine, especially in the example you posted. Both are primary colors on a color wheel. Easily distinguished.

The others suck. Orange = Red+Yellow, you can't play it against a red or yellow jersey like that. Yuck.

The Bullets are in orange in that pic. But I agree with what you're saying for the most part. Orange vs red is much worse in my opinion.

90758391980.gif

The standalone C from the Bulls' "Chicago" wordmark is TERRIBLE. It blows. Stop using it.

I've tried to think of how to do a good 'C' monogram for the Bulls and I can't do it. The arched C from the wordmark doesn't work. The C from "CHICAGO BULLS" in the primary doesn't work. I thought about connecting the bull's horns and turning them sideways (and sticking them straight up Dwyane Wade's candy ass?), but that doesn't look very good, either. I suppose it's just not a necessary piece of the package, the same way the Lakers' isolated streaking 'L' is unncessary.
The C from the cursive script that looks like the late 80s white sox cap logo.

My first thought as well. But then they'd need to bring back that jersey as the road for it to make sense, which I'd be fine with. :)

Knicks have worn orange at home a few times already, why is that?

And tonight they are playing the hawks who are wearing red.

Throw in the orange paint and this game is gross

if i had to bet why they're getting so much play early, it would be to drive sales prior to the holiday season. saw an orange hardway, jr. jersey at the islanders game last night.

sig2024.png

Second, they are just too tight. The players don't wear their normal unis that tight so why do they do it with these? I definitely don't want to see a overweight fan squeeze into one of those so here's hoping they fit more like soccer jerseys on fans.

The reason they're so tight is they want the sleeve to be tight (so it's not an obstruction, hence highlighting the reason sleeves are ridiculous in the first place), and it would look silly if the rest of the jersey fit like a normal jersey. They're going for that compression undershirt look. It's all ridiculous and I can't wait for it to be gone next season.

In last year's all-star game they gave players the option of wearing regular jerseys or wearing compression jerseys. NO ONE wore the compression jersey (even though Howard and Rose both said they would).

I think it would look a bit better if only the sleeves were made of the compression material and the torso portion was the regular jersey material. Like players do in college when they used to wear the compression shirts under the jerseys.

Archived