The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

That Drew Miller laceration is scary, he's so lucky his eye is ok. .

635634934058651289-IMG-7149.JPG

Oh, man. I can only think what these "hockey is so tough; it's a man's game" fanboys are going to say about this one:

"OMG, hockey is so tuff, LeBron cries because of cramps, Peverly plays hockey after dying, Miller plays after getting stabbed in da eye, NBA is so weak and prima-donna, hockey playas are so tuff!!!"

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fanboys don't think hockey players are so tough when the players are being locked out. Jeremy Jacobs is the one taking real risks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sabres won, so they are now separated by only 2 points from the Coyotes. Getting a bit nervous there, Pinochet Cosmic? :P

I was a bit nervous like three months ago, dude. Now, I just wanna ****ing puke.

That Drew Miller laceration is scary, he's so lucky his eye is ok. .

635634934058651289-IMG-7149.JPG

Oh, man. I can only think what these "hockey is so tough; it's a man's game" fanboys are going to say about this one:

"OMG, hockey is so tuff, LeBron cries because of cramps, Peverly plays hockey after dying, Miller plays after getting stabbed in da eye, NBA is so weak and prima-donna, hockey playas are so tuff!!!"

What in the actual f***? I swear, you're like a dfwabel but with less internet sources.

Let me ease your concerns: you're literally the only person who thought of this.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Ducks clinch their third straight division title. Woooooooooooooo.

(Don't be the Sharks)

What if they're like Left Shark and power through the playoffs like he is power through the GTOV. Well, power through until they lose to the Bolts of course.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Devan Dubnyk's inevitable postseason bed- :censored: ing is going to be a delight.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-radical-proposal-to-destroy-the-nhls-loser-point/

From Nate Silver. Interesting stuff. I think based on his numbers we could just use 4-on-4 until somebody scores. I don't want to touch 3 on 3. We could drop the shootout and maybe drop the loser point. Sure, every once in a while a game would go long, but I'd take that over the shootout.

PvO6ZWJ.png

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-radical-proposal-to-destroy-the-nhls-loser-point/

From Nate Silver. Interesting stuff. I think based on his numbers we could just use 4-on-4 until somebody scores. I don't want to touch 3 on 3. We could drop the shootout and maybe drop the loser point. Sure, every once in a while a game would go long, but I'd take that over the shootout.

Great article. As a Flyers fan, I despise the shootout. The Flyers have had 17(!) OTL this season. I can say that probably a dozen of them are shootout losses. It is a very arbitrary way to determine a winner. I do like the 3 points for a regulation win. They should result in the most amount of points.

Devan Dubnyk's inevitable postseason bed- :censored: ing is going to be a delight.

I'm counting on it. It'll be this beleaguered Oilers fan's only chance at being happy this season.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Speaking of getting rid of the loser point…

The Jackets are now 38-39 this year and currently sit 11 points behind the Bruins, who are currently 39-38. It's stupid.

I also abhor shootouts and wish we'd just call it a day with a tie after 5 minutes of overtime but hey, whatever!

6fQjS3M.png

Of all the active goalies in the NHL, Kari Lehtonen has the fifth-most wins in the league. How the hell did that happen?

The Thrashers traded him to Dallas for some Russian that never played in the NHL and Ivan Vishnevskiy (who was ultimately traded to Chicago in the Andrew Ladd deal).

Damn Waddell...that was a whiff of a deal.

Archived