College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Posted on the UniSwag Twitter page a couple days ago surprised this hasnt made its way here yet

CGG75zKW8AI9cA8.jpg

New Michigan design or practice jerseys?

I think it may be the actual jersey based on mesh pattern (it has the typical Shockweb pattern) and also based on the fact that it is crinkled up in the upper shoulder area (so it really is a Techfit jersey in spite of looking like a tank top).

Plus, the adidas practice jerseys tend to have an adidas-centric three-stripe motif:

Hope Meeechigan adds TV numbers to that away jersey, though. Otherwise, it probably means they are removing the TV numbers from the home jerseys as well.

I think this is similar to Miami's shirts at the AFCA conference. I'd expect the players to be fitted with these for practice and get a jersey with the Northwestern stripes once the season begins. That's if Harbaugh tries to look completely like they did when he was there.

Look how hideous that 2 looks. That's the problem with Adidas - their jerseys are like trying to fit a queen size sheet on a king size mattress, and there is no thought as to how the ridiculous streching affects the name and numbers.

I'm not sure if this jersey is the real deal, as there are no TV numbers and no B1G patch (as of yet). Remember, adidas released plain stock Miami and ASU jerseys earlier this year too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad. Just not a huge fan of a matte Kelly green paint job. Prefer metallic or glossy.

Matte greens and browns just give a decidedly military/camo vibe, IMO. That green is too similar to the drab tones used for jeeps and tanks.

CG2oCK0U8AE6UbK.jpg

midol_16701_10_(big)_.jpeg

Literally the first thing that came to mind. Probably apt if there's a bunch of bellyaching in Knoxville.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

CG3G5JaWoAALeQX.jpg

CG1rqslUcAA7JcJ.jpg

CG2oCK1UYAE2STB.jpg

CG2oCK0U8AE6UbK.jpg

• I know the purist will hate it... but I love how anthracite compliments the Tennessee orange. I think it is a perfect contrast.
  • From the locker room image, it looks like we are getting sublimated checker pattern. I'm not sold on this.
  • Once again, I love the proprietary font. Its a little exotic, but it fits very nicely with the shape of the state.
  • I am hoping there is more emphasis on the 3 stars in the new uniform.

The checkers are fitting for Tennessee of course. If only Kentucky would drop it for something of their own.

Because, ya know, Kentucky has no reason to utilize a checkered pattern.

Just like no MLB team should use pinstripes but the Yankees.

[Rolls Eyes]

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

2 teams in the SEC East just seems a bit much to be sharing the same motif. I know exactly why Kentucky employs it but they could do something else with their brand instead of copying the rival school that's been doing it for way longer.

Midway.png

2 teams in the SEC East just seems a bit much to be sharing the same motif. I know exactly why Kentucky employs it but they could do something else with their brand instead of copying the rival school that's been doing it for way longer.

Yes. It's bad enough the SEC has two Bulldogs and three Tigers, and those names were chosen long before branding was as important as it is today. We don't need multiple teams using the checkered pattern, especially when one of them jumped on the trend way late in the process.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The blue and white checkered pattern has no Kentucky roots. They are the colors of a Virginia horse farm/Virginia owner. Kentucky trying to own that is a bit lame (pun??) - I think the athletics department just likes that the silks were blue and white and, you know, horses.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The blue and white checkered pattern has no Kentucky roots. They are the colors of a Virginia horse farm/Virginia owner. Kentucky trying to own that is a bit lame (pun??) - I think the athletics department just likes that the silks were blue and white and, you know, horses.

A Kentucky-Born horse just won the triple crown. Right now, there's no excuse for Kentucky not to be rocking polka dots.

vGchWTz.jpg

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

IIRC Kentucky actually used to have a checkerboard endzone before Tennessee started using it.

Adidas actually has several custom design options, just most teams don't use them because they prefer the stock techfit uniforms instead.. Adidas having several teams in their techfit template is no different than Nike throwing their machspeed template around at everyone.. There's a lot of hate for Adidas around here, and it's mostly unjustified.. They aren't selling uniforms to us, they're selling them to college programs who are trying to please 18-22 year old kids, and it's working there.. Really doesn't matter what we think honestly.. I work at an Adidas school, and our kids absolutely LOVE our new techfit uniforms.. We play several Nike schools, and the one team whose uniforms our guys talked about all season was an Adidas team, which is part of what led to the excitement when we switched over from UA (who is the absolutely worst company to deal with btw)

Adidas having several teams in their techfit template is no different than Nike throwing their machspeed template around at everyone.

I think you're getting confused between template (construction of the uniform) and design. Preferring the Techfit template has nothing to do with a custom design.

Now if you're saying that the teams are choosing to use stock claw marks or feathers when their mascot has paws or wings instead of choosing the option of a custom design, that's different.

To me, the fact that those teams all look the same with interchangeable colors is what makes adidas' designs look amateurish. Nothing Nike does design-wise compares, and throwing every team in the Mach Speed template is not even relevant to the actual design of the uniform.

IIRC Kentucky actually used to have a checkerboard endzone before Tennessee started using it.

No. Tennessee used the orange and white checkerboards beginning in the mid-1960s, but had used a white checkerboard pattern dating to the 1930s to mimc the checkerboard on the tower of Ayers Hall, the iconic building that has overlooked the campus since 1921.

• I know the purist will hate it... but I love how anthracite compliments the Tennessee orange. I think it is a perfect contrast.
  • From the locker room image, it looks like we are getting sublimated checker pattern. I'm not sold on this.
  • Once again, I love the proprietary font. Its a little exotic, but it fits very nicely with the shape of the state.
  • I am hoping there is more emphasis on the 3 stars in the new uniform.

That wall treatment isn't new, it's been up in the complex for well over a year. They just added the new logo over it.

Posted on the UniSwag Twitter page a couple days ago surprised this hasnt made its way here yet

djam2410, on 05 Jun 2015 - 23:33, said:

Glad Utah State is keeping it simple with no new chrome helmets or anything like that. Definitely one of the better looks in college!

CGrS4B4WgAEA9CP.jpg

I was at a USU road meeting a week or so ago and heard football head coach Matt Wells say new gray unis were coming. He called them "a little different" and said they'd be of the CFB Playoff cut/template. I don't know if this is it or what those "little" changes are, but I don't expect any major departures or new helmets. My alma mater has, in my mind, shown how to mix-and-match and retain your identity.

Is it me, or is the gray darker?

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived