College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

Take a breath.  Welcome to the boards, where we correct each other all the time.  Nothing personal.  

The Nuggets were the Lakers' opponent in the Western Conference Finals in 2009.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

When i first stumbled across this helmet a little less than a year ago, that was exactly what went through my mind. I can't see anywhere on the helmet where you could put a logo without it looking  cluttered. Especially for teams with different-colored facemasks from the helmet.

Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise. Teams with oversized and cluttered logos will end up switching to something simpler. 

9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Take a breath.  Welcome to the boards, where we correct each other all the time.  Nothing personal.

The Nuggets were the Lakers' opponent in the Western Conference Finals in 2009.

Okay, thank you.

You corrected my correction.

Of myself.

(I take it your "80" number was intentionally inflated for the purpose of poking a bit of good-natured fun at me for what might be a lack of alternate chrome helmet distribution knowledge on my part?)

wS7MJ6T.png

1 hour ago, BroncoBuff said:

Got that link yet ... cause there's what, 119 FBS schools?

Don't have all the schools but in the Big Ten these teams have all worn chrome in some shape or form:

Illinois (logos and striping)

Indiana (chrome helmet and chrome striping and logos. And mask)

Michigan State (helmets, logos and masks)

Ohio State (logos and striping and mask)

Purdue (logos and striping and mask, even had a social media decal)

Rutgers (helmets, logos, striping and masks)

Big 12:

Baylor (multiple helmets, logos, masks)

TCU (helmet, logo and mask)

Texas  (logos)

Texas Tech (logos and masks)

I did a quick search at the Helmet Project for these two leagues so there is a repository to track it. And with Coastal Carolina a provisional team this year there are now 130 FBS teams this year, though only 129 can qualify for bowl games. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Which is the one bowl-ineligible school? (Please don't say "Colorado" to be funny).

How about that ... well, the people up here, the TV sports and papers, they THINK they were the only one (or perhaps the first one). WHere the heck am I when all these teams wear chrome helmets?

BTW WSU, my tone is just deadpan (poor deadpan), I'm good with whatever's accurate, factual, on any topic (and please don't say "it's factual" that the Nuggets multi-color skyline logos suck to be funny).

BE-CAUSE IT'S AN OPINION!

wS7MJ6T.png

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I don't know the exact width of the Flywire collar but is it possible that it is no longer allowed?

image.jpeg

Since the collar and cuffs on those jerseys are over 1 inch, this may see a changeover to the Vapor Untouchable or Mach Speed templates. I wonder if this only counts for contrasting colors though.  If that's the case then they won't require new jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, BroncoBuff said:

Which is the one bowl-ineligible school? (Please don't say "Colorado" to be funny).

I didn't know Buff fans were allowed to have a sense of humor.

:P

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

How about that ... well, the people up here, the TV sports and papers, they THINK they were the only one (or perhaps the first one). WHere the heck am I when all these teams wear chrome helmets?

You will love this thread as the season goes on , i predict at LEAST 100 different chrome designs this year 

BzJj5a_IgAE9f6n.jpg

north-carolina-tar-heels-helmet-570x379.

new-2013-indiana-chrome-helmets-620x775.

other gold chromes

USF-2014-helmets.jpg

tulsa-helmets1.png

akron-pitt-zips-chrome-helmets-tri.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Coastal Carolina. In your first year of transition you aren't allowed to play in a bowl game. Idaho just got off the list. 

I'd say this is a weird rule, but since the standards for bowl eligibility are so pathetic these days, maybe it isn't.

9 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

Like hell you say ..... got a link?

Really...?

Tell me you're not actually taking sides with chrome helmets.

Also, I think his point was fairly clear. Who knows what the actual number is (and quite frankly, who cares), the fact is that chrome helmets are not unique in the slightest (they might have been 5+ years ago), and you are definitely in the minority when it comes to favoring chrome helmets.

I don't think any of us will mind if you sit back and lurk a little longer.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

26 minutes ago, LEWJ said:

Really...?

Tell me you're not actually taking sides with chrome helmets.

Also, I think his point was fairly clear. Who knows what the actual number is (and quite frankly, who cares), the fact is that chrome helmets are not unique in the slightest (they might have been 5+ years ago), and you are definitely in the minority when it comes to favoring chrome helmets.

I don't think any of us will mind if you sit back and lurk a little longer.

maybe he's from 2011 and just woke up thinking Oregon's Rose Bowl helmets are the only chrome helmets to exist??

yeah, let's go with that

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Coastal Carolina. In your first year of transition you aren't allowed to play in a bowl game. Idaho just got off the list. 

According to Coastal's own website, they are technically an FCS independent this season...which is typical in the first year of transition.

gYH2mW9.png

21 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Holy hell the new guy is coming in hot. 

SEC had Miss State, TAMU, Mizzu, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Vandy chrome lids if I rememeber it right. 

Add Ole Miss, Florida, Auburn, and South Carolina for chrome decals.

Archived