College Football 2019

29texan

23 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I actually feel the opposite. I think the giant "State" is kinda cool for a one off but doing it in neon green is insanity. That old bronze color would've made these more palatable. 

I completely agree. Obviously, the huge wordmark is ultra-polarizing, but I don’t mind it. I’ll take it considering some of the other things I’ve seen over the years. It being in the “proper” spot for a college football wordmark helps, and that combined with the type being on-brand and the stripes being clean and classic, I’m of the opinion that the uniform itself is great save for the bright green. I’ve never been a fan of that color for Michigan State since basketball introduced it. Bronze would have been a better choice for me.

West Virginia looks good. I’m surprised and impressed they kept the unique look of their numbers, but the changes they did make made the whole set much better. Really nice work there. I’m glad to see only gold decals on the blue helmets, but I still think the white helmet and pants are unnecessary. I think I would like the use of grey a lot more if they were called the “Miners,” but i can’t say I’m surprised it stuck around.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, dont care said:

So less than 5% of people. And one tends to have a white S on a green background while the other has a cardinal S on a white background.

I know. That post was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

8 minutes ago, Hypnotic said:

These are the official press release pics that I think people couldn't see yesterday.

1cAL12MH_t.jpg 8hwbc5v6_t.jpg g3tqHQ8u_t.jpg AXXbDleK_t.jpg dqx4jrOQ_t.jpg uOpPNUvD_t.jpg ZJT4sL8k_t.jpg NKGOzZlZ_t.jpg PHxQKwbS_t.jpg 32VCL49E_t.jpg

great example of what the right colors and a reserved approach to decoration can do for a uniform. still not a fan of the numbers, but look how great the blue/white/gold or the blue/gray/gray is. a focus on the logo and numbers with no distractive elements and solid attention to detail— that "thing" that is usually blown up cant even be seen unless you look close. things that should be brought to your attention are with color (numbers trimed in yellow on the gray jersey) and things that should sit back (facemask) do that too. really nice set overall here 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

3 hours ago, Hypnotic said:

These are the official press release pics that I think people couldn't see yesterday.

1cAL12MH_t.jpg 8hwbc5v6_t.jpg g3tqHQ8u_t.jpg AXXbDleK_t.jpg dqx4jrOQ_t.jpg uOpPNUvD_t.jpg ZJT4sL8k_t.jpg NKGOzZlZ_t.jpg PHxQKwbS_t.jpg 32VCL49E_t.jpg

Looks like the Mountaineers have a sublimated glacier twill pattern in the numbers and collar...which is clever as the zigzags are essentially Ws and Vs. 

Kind of annoyed they kept the black facemask on the navy helmet. I'd prefer the navy facemask. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

-West Virginias unis are good. Thank god they dropped block and the awful font. Hopefully they don't make the mistake of wearing the white helmet with anything other than the white jersey like before. It just doesn't match.

-I think I prefer Baylor in metallic gold than yellow.

-And my god, that Michigan STATE uniform is terrible. I'm a lime green fan, but when it plays off like black or navy, not darker green. But that's not even the worst part of this unnecessary uniform. The giant wordmark is.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, MCM0313 said:

I'd like it better if it used gold rather than yellow. 

Wasn't Mizzou also the one that was going to wear the school seal on the helmet for a game? I loved that helmet, oddly enough.

Funny thing about schools seals in Missouri is that about half of the public school seals in the state are actually just the state seal or a variation of the state seal. Mizzou's is clearly different, but three of the quadrants of the shield match the Missouri seal. Missouri State University, Truman State, Northwest Missouri State, and University of Central Missouri just copy the state seal entirely with only minor variations, and have been that way since they were founded as normal schools. The exceptions are Southeast Missouri State (I don't know why they're different from the other historically normal schools), the two HBCUs Lincoln and Harris-Stowe, and two institutions that began as junior colleges and later became universities, Missouri Southern State and Missouri Western State.

Seal for the State of Missouri:

mo-seal.gif

Mizzou:

180px-University_of_Missouri_seal.svg.pn

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

19 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Looks like Mizzou will have striped pants to match the helmet. The jersey may stay the same

If they're sticking with the striped helmet and now going with striped pants, those jerseys are gonna stick out like a modern sore thumb 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 4/13/2019 at 6:27 PM, H11K said:

On another note, Arizona has switched the navy helmet logos back to the original, and made them slightly larger, and DAMN does it look good.

Hopefully it's just not a spring thing & they keep it that way.

On 4/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, gdu said:

New unis for Baylor: https://www.uniswag.com/blog/baylor-football-new-uniforms

spacer.png

Hideous, but at least they actually use school colors.  Would be a better look for NDSU.

Unis for other sports, too: https://www.uniswag.com/blog/baylor-athletics-new-uniforms

I like these, my only thing is that since they unveiled them in mono-looks, they'll stick with that like Oregon did last year, but I can also see them mixing and matching after a couple games. 

9 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I like these, my only thing is that since they unveiled them in mono-looks, they'll stick with that like Oregon did last year, but I can also see them mixing and matching after a couple games. 

What's unfortunate about this Baylor set is that it can't easily be mix and matched due to the absence of stripes. Theres no white anywhere on the green and gold uniform pieces, and no gold on the white.

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, BearW17hNoName said:

What's unfortunate about this Baylor set is that it can't easily be mix and matched due to the absence of stripes. Theres no white anywhere on the green and gold uniform pieces, and no gold on the white.

spacer.png

I agree about the white helmets and pants, as those will really only look good with the white jerseys. But the white jerseys could still easily be paired with the gold pants. West Virginia’s new white jerseys don’t have any gold on them, and they still look fantastic with the gold pants (though the navy helmet also helps with that).

spacer.png

For the colored sets, Baylor should stick to only mixing the green and gold uniform pieces. But for the road combos they can pretty much mix and match any of the different pieces and it still should look good for the most part. Green/white/gold, green/white/green, gold/white/gold, green/white/white, etc. should all look pretty sharp.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I gotta say, WVU looks sharp.  Even the unnecessary gray set.  All that's really missing is a gold outline on the  white Jersey's numbers 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived