New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Maybe.  Or black to green gradient. Or a hidden pattern in the stripes. Or a butt logo.  Or some screwed up nonsense on the upper back with the stripes.

Something.

Knowing this country, they'd probably sell the most gear with a butt logo. 😄

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

4 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Knowing this country, they'd probably sell the most gear with a butt logo. 😄

I can just hear the Nike-speak of how the butt logo commemorates the most famous play in Jets history... 

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

4 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Does anybody think Nike may have purposely leaked that image out as a feeler? So they can see how people reacted and make changes before tonights unveiling?

/s

No, because they have never done it before. I wish they did for the Titans embarassement last year. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Maybe.  Or black to green gradient. Or a hidden pattern in the stripes. Or a butt logo.  Or some screwed up nonsense on the upper back with the stripes.

Something.

With a trifecta like that, I think you might be on to something.

30 minutes ago, Frylock said:

I can just hear the Nike-speak of how the butt logo commemorates the most famous play in Jets history...

I can see it now "New from the Nike Butt-Fumble Collection..."  all those fan merch items would have to be in "Gang Green" of course.

5 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

So, tune in at 11 to see the actual unveiling. 

I'd say probably about 8-8:30 unless we get another leak earlier that confirms this one. Given it's almost 2 PM EDT, that's 6 hours and it'll feel longer than it is. It always does. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

16 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Does anybody think Nike may have purposely leaked that image out as a feeler? So they can see how people reacted and make changes before tonights unveiling?

/s

I'd think they'd give themselves more time if that were the case. How much can you change and manufacture in one night?

6 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Does anybody else think this leak is what Nike unveiled for the Jets but then it got mixed reviews so Nike went back in time to change the uniforms and this leak is Nike showing us what could have been?

No jersey is going to get universal acclaim and this leak has gotten enough positivity. Regardless, these jerseys are made and probably delivered to thousands of retailers already. 

spacer.png

Jets posted this video on twitter today and at the end was this graphic that I pulled from it. The stripe underneath the text is eerily similar to the leaked shoulder stripes. Could just be a coincidence, thought it was worth sharing. 

Side Note: Graphics from the team promoting the event all have black as a color being used.

a2BRS8U.png

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Wait so you are saying it looks amateur because an actual amateur team does it differently?

Not differently. But better. A college team does it better. Then again, if they copied them to a tee, we'd be complaining about that. NT should never have out staged the Jets but they managed to years ago. I don't know how one can recover. 

8 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Wouldn't it be brilliant if Nike and the Jets created this to get everyone talking and worked up and then go on to unveil something completely different? Probably too brilliant?

Would be such a huge waste of time and money.

3 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

In all honesty I think every aaf uniform is better than this. They were creative but not outlandish and if you remove the helmet numbers they are all better and seem more though out than any of Nike’s ideas for nfl uniforms 

Maybe the Jets can just buy and recolor the Memphis Express' uniforms then.  I hear the AAF could use the money. :)

1 minute ago, Gr3g3 said:

Would be such a huge waste of time and money.

Not really. You already are doing the photoshoot for the real uniforms, wouldn't take Nike much effort at all to create a fake basic uni (I'm sure many of us here could create one in a few hours) and have the guys wear those too. Minimal. 

Archived