New York Jets unveil new uniforms

5 hours ago, Survival79 said:

spacer.png

The helmet just feels incomplete or unfinished. The 90's logo would have been perfect. Adding the jet to the new wordmark or helmet logo would have helped.

spacer.png

The more I see these the more they remind of of the jags rebrand before last. Very basic uniforms with a flashy helmet. I feel similarly about these as I did about those; The helmet is the best part. The entire design is really plain though

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gupti said:

I suppose I’m just in denial that someone with such sophomoric posting habits as his could be anywhere near the position to be able to know and leak precious, top secret information about NFL uniforms. I’d sooner expect him to be in the position to leak such info like that Tommy and Susie got to second base in an empty classroom while everyone else was at lunch. I can’t be alone here.

Is that the same Tommy that used to work on the docks?

But no, you're not alone. Especially after the 2018 NFL uniform releases and the constant "any new info?" and "not long now" posts. 

Are we all forgetting that Teal was right on everything in the NBA? He leaked jackets that were true (albeit with a misspelling, lol). He leaked that the Bucks city jersey will be yellow before anyone else did, which was true. IIRC, he also told us about Earned uniforms (basically, that a fifth line exists and will only be given to teams who made the playoffs) first - which was true. He said the Barcelona away uniforms for 2020 will be yellow - unless FH and a bunch of other people are wrong too (he put the news out before any “trusted” soccer leaks site did) - true. Also, someone posted a picture a while back on the retail description of the green jersey. While the name given by the Jets is “Gotham Green”, the name given by the listing? Sport Green - the exact name Teal called.

If I had to guess, either he or his “source” (probably a friend) got a job in Nike sports retail/distribution (he’s only ever leaked Nike designs). It would explain how he’s not having direct details on design, but has colors relatively correct. There’s probably a “coming soon” where the picture of the product should be (ironically, to prevent employees from leaking things), but it still lists the colors to the side.

ExJworW.png

50 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

50 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

If I had to guess, either he or his “source” (probably a friend) got a job in Nike sports retail/distribution (he’s only ever leaked Nike designs). It would explain how he’s not having direct details on design, but has colors relatively correct. There’s probably a “coming soon” where the picture of the product should be (ironically, to prevent employees from leaking things), but it still lists the colors to the side.

If any of this is true, his friend better keep his resume ready.

54 minutes ago, Newport said:

Teal says Panthers are changing colors, logos and uniforms in 2020. He’s been right with everything else so far.

Where did he say this? New colors could be major (though my guess is merely a slight hue change of the blue). 

I agree with a few others that the "Sport Green" thing is strong evidence that Teal at least has access to something. Likely placeholder text in some kind of Nike document, but that would be enough to confirm something like an upcoming color change.

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Are we all forgetting that Teal was right on everything in the NBA?

1 - I had him on ignore long before this happened

2 - I don't go into the NBA thread since it doesn't mean anything to me

3 - So to answer your question, I can't forget what I don't know

The reason I put together the quotes that I did was to show what he said, and have people objectively look at it. I don't think he said anything that was out and out wrong, but also don't think he said anything that was 'proof' of insider information. I'll continue to ignore him as his 'won't be long now' far outweighs any good he would bring me by reading his posts.

It's where I sit.

I'm actually surprised they didn't put the full logo on the helmet, oversized similar to the Bucs. Seems like the Nike thing to do. Maybe that was the original plan and they realized it looked ridiculous and scrapped the football outline? Leaving just the wordmark and football left. 

On 4/7/2019 at 3:34 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I personally know several people who moved to Union City simply because they found good rent there.

I am now going to use this post as an excuse to share a criminally underrated Blondie song (including a video in which Debbie Harry manages to make an orange jumpsuit look good) . . .

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, Newport said:

Teal says Panthers are changing colors, logos and uniforms in 2020. He’s been right with everything else so far.

Interesting, as the colors aren't the problem with this uniform.  At all.

If I had to guess, they may go to a more North Carolina "University" or "Valor" Blue, as Nike calls it.  Perhaps tweaking the Silver to Grey or Anthracite.  I'd be shocked if they got rid of Black, but geeze, what to?  White only?  Navy, like UNC? 

The Panthers have a great, unique color set...shame if this is messed with.  Update the logo & uniform fine, but changing the colors seems pointless and headed for disaster.

9 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Is that the same Tommy that used to work on the docks?

But no, you're not alone. Especially after the 2018 NFL uniform releases and the constant "any new info?" and "not long now" posts. 

If that is Tommy who used to work on the docks, somebody needs to tell Gina.

8 minutes ago, Volt said:

Interesting, as the colors aren't the problem with this uniform.  At all.

If I had to guess, they may go to a more North Carolina "University" or "Valor" Blue, as Nike calls it.  Perhaps tweaking the Silver to Grey or Anthracite.  I'd be shocked if they got rid of Black, but geeze, what to?  White only?  Navy, like UNC? 

The Panthers have a great, unique color set...shame if this is messed with.  Update the logo & uniform fine, but changing the colors seems pointless and headed for disaster.

They just updated the logo a few years back it's fine only thing I could logically see them doing is going to a black helmet and minimizing the silver but I also wouldn't be shocked it if the silver in gone in 2020 but i'd leave the Electric/Process Blue and Black as it. But perhaps the new guy wants his own stamp on the club?

#DTWD #GoJaguars

3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Are we all forgetting that Teal was right on everything in the NBA? He leaked jackets that were true (albeit with a misspelling, lol). He leaked that the Bucks city jersey will be yellow before anyone else did, which was true. IIRC, he also told us about Earned uniforms (basically, that a fifth line exists and will only be given to teams who made the playoffs) first - which was true. He said the Barcelona away uniforms for 2020 will be yellow - unless FH and a bunch of other people are wrong too (he put the news out before any “trusted” soccer leaks site did) - true. Also, someone posted a picture a while back on the retail description of the green jersey. While the name given by the Jets is “Gotham Green”, the name given by the listing? Sport Green - the exact name Teal called.

Are you his lawyer or something? Lolololol

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

28 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

I'm not on here near as much as used to be, but damn Teal must've ruffled feathers in the past few years. 

Just slightly... In all seriousness, with regards to the Panthers, user silver sparingly. Drop the silver pants and helmet. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

21 minutes ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

Are you his lawyer or something? Lolololol

In fact, I’m not. I’m just confused as to how people think this set “proves him wrong” when it actually does the opposite.

ExJworW.png

I loved the new Jet set not being a jet fan.   The only thing I didn't like was the huge "NEW YORK" woodmark.  Like my dad used to say about certain college teams when I was a kid, "That Colorado Buffs jersey looks like a little kids jersey with "COLORADO" at the top of the numbers."  So I would eliminate the woodmark.  The other thing I would have loved is the triangle jet above the jets and football woodmark on the helmet.  Other than that it was an awesome set. 

7 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

"That Colorado Buffs jersey looks like a little kids jersey with "COLORADO" at the top of the numbers."  

Ugh. Little kids? Nah. Many colleges had team name/location on top of the number. I like/liked most of them.

I love CU's unis (well, before they switched to beige). 

The "COLORADO" is pretty cool.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I’m not in the camp wanting Carolina wearing black helmets, and don’t think I’ll ever be. I haven’t seen a single concept yet that’s made that idea work, in my opinion. Especially not with the logo as-is.

I feel like when Carolina wears the right combinations, all the colors are balanced out really well. Sure you could maybe tweak a few parts of the uniform here or there if you wanted, but that’s really all they should do. I think they’ve got a better thing going for them than they’re given credit for and I’d really hate to see them muck it up. Anything can happen, and they may prove me wrong, but I just see too much potential for them to go Titans level bad on a redesign and we’ll be looking for that “S#!+ GO BACK” button to mash.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived