2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

12 minutes ago, Cujo said:

True -- would be similar to the Oklahoma City Thunder breaking out green and yellow unis.

At the same time, Avs fans like "HERE TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!" while knowing this uniform is already a complete disaster 💸💸

On the contrary, it would be more like the Thunder breaking out a Sonics-style jersey in OKC colors. Still not a good idea, but ever-so-slightly better. In hindsight, a Rockies Retro probably would've been better for the Avs.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, QCS said:

On the contrary, it would be more like the Thunder breaking out a Sonics-style jersey in OKC colors. Still not a good idea, but ever-so-slightly better. In hindsight, a Rockies Retro probably would've been better for the Avs.

umm no thanks.  That’s the Devils not the Avs 

29 minutes ago, Cujo said:

At the same time, Avs fans like "HERE TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!" while knowing this uniform is already a complete disaster 💸💸

It's only a disaster to people who hate the Nordiques identity, which there are surprising number of here, and people who are still salty about the Nordiques moving.

7 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

umm no thanks.  That’s the Devils not the Avs 

True, but the Devils have shown no desire to throw back to the Rockies and the cities are the same, which makes it ok. Hell, it's no different from the Jets throwing back to the old Jets. Technically the old Jets are in Phoenix, but does Winnipeg really care?

the user formerly known as cdclt

I'll never understand why hockey fans are so different than other sports about relocated teams.

No one cries that the Ravens can't be the Colts or that Indianapolis shouldn't wear the same uniforms Unitas did.

No one acts like the Timberwolves have more right to the Lakers identity than Los Angeles does.

It's just never made sense to me after two decades arguing about it.

spacer.png

I'm not sure, but some of elements that remind me of the OG Jets 1979-1990 uniforms. Probably a recolored version of the jersey.  But I had a second thought. the whole brand hints probably this is a Thrashers jersey in Jets' colours. "No, this is very unlikely!" Yeah, but this is just is a theory.  

I found out the Reverse Retro program is interesting but it's also bit lazy. They just switched colours or used their current colours in their past jerseys. I never mean the RR is bad, but I feels this program a lack of creatively.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

7 minutes ago, Eastport76 said:

spacer.png

I'm not sure, but some of elements that remind me of the OG Jets 1979-1990 uniforms. Probably a recolored version of the jersey.  But I had a second thought. the whole brand hints probably this is a Thrashers jersey in Jets' colours. "No, this is very unlikely!" Yeah, but this is just is a theory.  

The jersey collar straight up says 79 on it so...

7 minutes ago, Eastport76 said:

I found out the Reverse Retro program is interesting but it's also bit lazy. They just switched colours or used their current colours in their past jerseys. I never mean the RR is bad, but I feels this program a lack of creatively.

I don't know about that. I actually think it's a pretty creative idea to have a league wide throwback program, but then modify the jerseys so they aren't just straight throwbacks.

And from what I have seen here and other places, it seems to be pretty well received (by and large) by everyone so far.

IbjBaeE.png

12 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

I'll never understand why hockey fans are so different than other sports about relocated teams.

No one cries that the Ravens can't be the Colts or that Indianapolis shouldn't wear the same uniforms Unitas did.

No one acts like the Timberwolves have more right to the Lakers identity than Los Angeles does.

Because they have teams again. You dont think if the Browns never came back to Cleveland the  fanbase wouldn't be salty about the Ravens wearing Browns uniforms or Seattle wouldn't throw a fit over the Thunder wearing Sonics throwbacks?

32 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Because they have teams again. You dont think if the Browns never came back to Cleveland the  fanbase wouldn't be salty about the Ravens wearing Browns uniforms or Seattle wouldn't throw a fit over the Thunder wearing Sonics throwbacks?

So... Your second best example is a city that does NOT have a team again...

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

1 hour ago, cityhockeyfever said:

Please make that the N logo on the front of it... if you are going to go that far, you need to make it completely a North Stars jersey!

Please don't.  I know some people would love it if the Wild somehow became the North Stars, but they are not that team.  If Dallas had changed their name when they moved to anything besides Stars, then I think it would be okay like how it is with the Jets 2.0.  

3 hours ago, ColeJ said:

The Nordiques franchise is considered to be sacred amongst those groups. Quebec wants their hockey team back, yet the Avs have a jersey done in a disrespectful way.

That's how I see it.

It's not disrespectful. It's unattractive. I've liked a lot of these reverse retros, but there isn't a pleasant one in the bunch in the Central.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, cityhockeyfever said:

Please make that the N logo on the front of it... if you are going to go that far, you need to make it completely a North Stars jersey!

No idea where this is from, but this would be a good compromise.

8499663795c50b5f7aadbe1d3aa0630a.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

The Coyotes never touched the old Jets stuff for a reason

They had Jets banners in the rafters until the Thrashers moved.

3 hours ago, ColeJ said:

Because it's a regional league whose league turned on the region.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived