NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

31 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Come on, folks. This is beautiful. Fix a few things and you've got a really great look. The helmet shell stays though.

usa-today-5745596.0.jpg

Those jerseys were anything but beautiful with the random piping that wasn’t consistent from player to player.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Unpopular opinion:  OG Jaguars helmet logo > current helmet logo.

• Like 12

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think all 3 of those patches are necessary.

- The Chiefs is for Lamar Hunt. I like the homage and that it's a unique quirk. 

- The Steelers need something there so when you're looking at the player from the left there's at least one logo present. Why not just put a logo on the blank side of the helmet? Sure, if I could time travel to Pittsburgh in the 1960's and slap stickers on the left side of their helmets to calm my OCD I would, but at this point you can't mess with the helmet. 

- The Jaguars uniforms are so basic that need something so as not to be completely mistaken for practice unis. Why not put the full body jaguar on the sleeves? IDK. 

• Like 16

PvO6ZWJ.png

7 minutes ago, Sport said:

- The Steelers need something there so when you're looking at the player from the left there's at least one logo present. Why not just put a logo on the blank side of the helmet? Sure, if I could time travel to Pittsburgh in the 1960's and slap stickers on the left side of their helmets to calm my OCD I would, but at this point you can't mess with the helmet. 

Weird.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Huh? 1

1 hour ago, QCS said:

Can't prefer that original logo while it's got packing peanuts on its head.

Used to be in this camp but with time I’ve learned to appreciate how much simpler the old one is compared to the newer one. 
The shading and tiny details in the spots don’t work from far away imo.

It still isn’t a bad logo though. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

If it were 1995 and you had to pick the old or new one, I think most people would choose the newer one.

Also, TIL the Jaguars changed their logo in 2013.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Used to be in this camp but with time I’ve learned to appreciate how much simpler the old one is compared to the newer one. 
The shading and tiny details in the spots don’t work from far away imo.

It still isn’t a bad logo though. 

I definitely appreciate the simplicity of it. @mcrosby made a brilliant update that I really like:

spacer.png

Combines the simplicity and general shape of the old logo with the spots and modern feel of the new one.

• Like 9
  • Meh 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

51 minutes ago, QCS said:

I definitely appreciate the simplicity of it. @mcrosby made a brilliant update that I really like:

spacer.png

Combines the simplicity and general shape of the old logo with the spots and modern feel of the new one.

That looks like a D3 college was trying to rip off the Jaguars logo, but had a first year design student do it. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Didn't @andrewharrington suggest that the OG logo looked like it had a broken jaw?

Jacksonville-Jaguars-Logo-History-500x24

I will never be able to unsee how disjointed the old logo is now. Still not a bad logo, but that’s a detail that will bug me for sure.

46 minutes ago, QCS said:

spacer.png

I was just going to say that a combination of the two logos would be ideal, and this does that pretty great. I would maybe add some white in the eyes and make the jaw look a little bit more like the current version, but other than that this would be a perfect middle ground.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sport said:

I think all 3 of those patches are necessary.

- The Chiefs is for Lamar Hunt. I like the homage and that it's a unique quirk. 

- The Jaguars uniforms are so basic that need something so as not to be completely mistaken for practice unis. Why not put the full body jaguar on the sleeves? IDK. 

Really am hoping for a Jaguars throwback for several reasons, but one reason would be seeing how the full body cat would fit on a modern cut of uniform. I am skeptical.

On 2/22/2021 at 2:49 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Most people don't buy on-field authentics though. It doesn't matter what the players wear when 99% of the fans buy the screen printed replicas anyway.

Do they? 

Honest question, I have no idea.  Would love to know what the breakdown is between the various levels.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sport said:

I'm willing to be wrong on this, but I really doubt the reason the Steelers added the logo to the jersey was to fill a logo gap left by having one blank side of the helmet.  And I also doubt the logic behind the Jaguars patch has anything to do with the jerseys being too plain.

It's more likely about making the jerseys retail friendly. It's the same reason we see teams repeat helmet logos on jersey sleeves. On the whole, it looks redundant, but for streetwear, the logo becomes an identifier and an opportunity for brand exposure.

But even then, despite it having a function, I'd still argue that it's unnecessary and the Steelers and Jaguars could — and should — lose the patches.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm willing to be wrong on this, but I really doubt the reason the Steelers added the logo to the jersey was to fill a logo gap left by having one blank side of the helmet.  And I also doubt the logic behind the Jaguars patch has anything to do with the jerseys being too plain.

It's more likely about making the jerseys retail friendly. It's the same reason we see teams repeat helmet logos on jersey sleeves. On the whole, it looks redundant, but for streetwear, the logo becomes an identifier and an opportunity for brand exposure.

But even then, despite it having a function, I'd still argue that it's unnecessary and the Steelers and Jaguars could — and should — lose the patches.

I agree with this. When you're watching the game or you're looking at photos...you know it's the Steelers (like DNASports' photo...we know that's the Steelers in the photo and not Iowa or somebody). Additional logos like a patch on the shoulder are marginal for identification of the brand, especially with the NFL logo on uniform elements. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Do they? 

Honest question, I have no idea.  Would love to know what the breakdown is between the various levels.

Well I know the onfield authentics are really hard to come across now. I’ve only been able to find a few online across the league that aren’t fully sold out or having to create custom ones.