2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

23 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I wonder if Russ goes to a new team will his new teammates hate him just as much.

Maybe... I'm just afraid that once he leaves, the Seahawks will fall back into the old ways - 10-15 years of being 'meh'.

8 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Has Dan done literally anything to FedEx since he bought the team? Most major-league teams would have at least tried to fix this kind of thing by now. Like, look at this :censored:;

It's like he's too busy whinging at Maryland for a new stadium to bother making sure his current one isn't a disaster.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Has Dan done literally anything to FedEx since he bought the team? Most major-league teams would have at least tried to fix this kind of thing by now.

He's too busy taking full page ads fellating himself.

I'd call him worst owner, but the McCaskey's & Fords have been vying for that title for decades.  

Biggest A-Hole owner? Absolutely.  He's the James Dolan of the NFL.  

• Like 3

Taysom Hill is a good football player.

Taysom Hill is NOT a good quarterback.

Carry on...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Isn't faking a vax card a federal crime?  

Should be, but some people don't get in trouble for things while other people do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Taysom Hill is a good football player.

Taysom Hill is NOT a good quarterback.

Carry on...

I was about to say.

What does Taysom Hill have on Sean Payton? Nudes? Compromising emails or voicemails?

He’s an atrocious QB, but a good athlete (which describes about 1000 NFL players). 

• Like 3

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

What does he do well enough to warrant a roster spot at any single position?  I don't get it with him.  Granted, I haven't seen him play a ton, but there's never been a time I've noticed him for any other reason than he's occasionally playing QB.  Never "wow, that's a good receiver!" or "wow, that's a good QB!" or... you get it.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The only thing I have is because he’s white. 🤷‍♂️

He’s NFL average in terms of speed, strength, size and etc. Every single NFL team has at least one player who could do what Hill can do, yet they ain’t being paid like they’re a star. 

• Like 6

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

"Swiss army knife" type players have always been valuable to NFL teams; its just that some coaches let those types of players be who they are on a consistent basis--and then some, like Hill, become pseudo-stars because of it. I think with Taysom Hill it's more because he's as versatile as he is while *technically* being a quarterback--and we all know how the league and the media loves to dang-near worship the quarterback position. But what's clearly showing is that Hill has not taken anywhere near enough reps in practice at the actual position he's listed at--then again, I doubt the Saints anticipated losing both their top two actual QBs dang near back to back. So this is where they are.  And this also shows the other side of the coin of trotting out an otherwise versatile player: you better have a backup plan to even that backup plan, or else you get what the Saints got last night.

On the subject of Hill, most of us know this isn't the first time we've seen a utility player of his type; he may, however, be the first full-time utility player we've seen in a long while. The closest I can recall being used in a full-time multi-role like this was Kordell "Slash" Stewart,  who was drafted as a QB, but whom Bill Cowher also wanted on the field so they put him at receiver which had him playing both close to full-time.  (And although Pittsburgh had a short stint of being in love with the "slash" player--the next two being Hines Ward, who did it in college, and Antwaan Randle El, we never actually saw the Steelers try that experiment again.) Out of necessity, I can recall Troy Brown playing CB for some of a season in New England, and Cordarrelle Patterson is masquerading as a RB down in Atlanta now, and I'm sure there have been others I've missed--like Deion Sanders also playing some snaps at wideout, and also Randall Cunningham--dude could've also been a full-time punter if he/the Eagles wanted. There may well be others to come. 

But yeah--Taysom Hill is far more valuable to the Saints as a utility weapon, not as a QB. That just got thoroughly exposed.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

41 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I thought he was younger than that. I was caught by surprise.

He did a two-year LDS mission between high school and college and was at BYU for five years, so he was three or four years older than most players entering the NFL.

IUe6Hvh.png

So he got the contract he just got while already on the wrong side of 30?

There's something about BYU players that just gets them benefits.  The Eagles had this BYU dude Reno Mahe that really had zero talent, but was kept around because Andy Reid is a Mormon, and all they did was use him as their "cap manipulation" guy by falsely adding money or incentives to his contract so they could carry that cap room over till the next season, or something like that.  They even admitted that there was some loophole and he's the guy they were using to exploit it.  Meanwhile, he made a lot of money for playing like 3 total plays in his career.

Must be the magic underwear.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."