Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

16 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

Warriors also is about as generic as you can get for a name and immediately would cause them to suffer from Texas Rangers syndrome, i.e. your team name having a much stronger public association with an entirely different franchise.

Yeah, I suppose most people think of a different Texas Rangers franchise:

p7896019_b_v10_aa.jpg

Or maybe even this:

30755458-8521465-The_Texas_Rangers_still

• Like 2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

25 minutes ago, joekono said:

Should have taken the feather off spear(as to not insult the American Indian), call them the "Washington Warriors",  done.

Houston Texans v Washington Redskins : News Photo

The should have taken these uniforms, swapped the spear for something from their new identity, and called it a day.

• Like 5

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

The should have taken these uniforms, swapped the spear for something from their new identity, and called it a day.

2 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

That would be fine too.👍

58 minutes ago, Bill0813 said:

I mean, let's not forget :censored: like the Buffaslug also top-sold for jerseys and merch when they were brand-new. People will naturally want the newest gear, it's not really a sign of a good brand that fans love; in fact everywhere I've looked, fans have been dumping on pretty much everything about the branding.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean, let's not forget :censored: like the Buffaslug also top-sold for jerseys and merch when they were brand-new. People will naturally want the newest gear, it's not really a sign of a good brand that fans love; in fact everywhere I've looked, fans have been dumping on pretty much everything about the branding.

The same thing happened with the Browns redesign. People on twitter kept saying that the sales numbers proved that any criticism was wrong. Of course we all know how that ended.

• Like 4

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

So it's true. No white pants for the burgundy tops? Oh my god! Why copy Seattle of any team? This is just bull? Why do they let Nike do stuff like this?

They will mix and match, don’t worry. Fans and players will be begging for it by week 3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bill0813 said:

Everything about the rollout today was awkward.  "First off, welcome to NOT the best kept secret in D.C."  On the stage was Joe Theisman, who confirmed the Commanders name earlier this week.  Check the video around the 6:47 mark when Dan attempts to pose with his wife next to the mannequins, and she points for him to stand somewhere else.

She’s not his wife, she’s his “partner” you just know that isn’t a happy marriage, and she’s probably only still with him for the money and he probably forced her to sign a prenup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joekono said:

Should have taken the feather off spear(as to not insult the American Indian), call them the "Washington Warriors",  done.

Houston Texans v Washington Redskins : News Photo

I like their most recent uniforms 100x better than these. Which seems like an unpopular opinion here. The yellow looks so much better than the gold and the outlined numbers are a lot better. 

• Like 9

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

8 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

This whole ordeal was brutal. This is a terrible brand, there is nothing much else to say. Everything about this stinks.

Of everything that's come out over the last 24 hours, the primary helmet is the only thing that comes off as satisfactory. The rest of the rebrand, straight into the trash.

• Like 12

6uXNWAo.png

Wright said in January that the name RedWolves was vetoed because the trademark was unavailable. Such was the case for another name Washington considered: D.C.F.C., for Washington D.C. Football Club. That mark is owned by the USL Championship soccer team Detroit City FC, whose colors are also burgundy and gold. 

Commanders was chosen last fall and a meticulous design phase quickly followed. Code & Theory, a company the team used first for its switch to the temporary name Washington Football Team, designed the Commanders logo, and Nike handled the uniform helmet designs. Tanya Snyder, the wife of owner Daniel Snyder who was appointed the team’s co-CEO last summer and has a background in the fashion industry, was said to be heavily involved in the uniform design.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/02/02/washington-commanders-name

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Of everything that's come out over the last 24 hours, the primary helmet is the only thing that comes off as satisfactory. The rest of the rebrand, straight into the trash.

Even that isn’t that great, it looks more like a Minnesota golden gophers helmet more than it looks like a Washington football team helmet.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Bill0813 said:

She was the one responsible for all the Mall locations of the Team shop closing. She wanted them to be more boutiques and not one stop team shops. Essentially she thought there was too much merch in stores. 

Numerous people I know got let go from just her taking over. 

• Like 6