NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely nobody pushes the 12th Man thing more than the Seahawks. Nobody. No other NFL teams, not Texas A&M, nobody. I worked in retail for the Seahawks all summer and the amount of 12th man items we got and sold was downright staggering. The number is all over the city (city busses, trains, buildings, everything has a 12 on it) and the fans embrace the crap out of it. They didn't start it, and it may have just been totally copped from TAMU, but they've definitely made it their thing.

I still think it's totally lame, but they hold pretty strong claim to it now.

Why don't they use the same number font and colors as the uniforms on the 12 flags? It looks out of place.

I think it's because it was leftover from their previous uniform and there were so many 12 flags out there, that look has became almost iconic. Living here and seeing them everywhere (you see more 12 flags flying than American flags) I don't think you can really change now or it would water down the visual presence.

It's time for the Raiders to embrace the elite 51 template. Their numbers looked worse than highschool practice jerseys for much of the game last night, the way they kept getting bunched up, especially on Greg Little.

I don't understand what is preventing them from making the change. The new template would not impact their look in the slightest. We've even seen they can provide the old metallic pants style (Cowboys, Bucs).

Nothing is preventing them from making the change. Like the other handful of teams sticking to the old template, they obviously feel it looks better.

This season, the Eagles have decided to make the change... how's that working out for them, so far?

Yeah. Switch to Nike and lose their primary jerseys. Good move Eagles.

So to you Nike Swooshketeers out there pushing for the Raiders, Packers, etc... to change to Nike's template. Why? Is your devotion to a shoe company so strong that you take the Raiders' refusal to use their Moisture Wicking template as an affront to all you consider good in football?

The Raiders, Packers, Falcons, and Panthers obviously feel like the Nike template isn't an improvement. Why is it such a huge deal to you all that they think that? Is it a secret desire to see these teams go down the path the Bucs and Jags did? To see the Raiders with sword graphics as pants stripes and the Packers with cheese textured helmets? If so I'm glad Nike is telling them to keep their distance.

Did Nike murder your family or something? Jesus, I don't think I've ever seen someone so salty towards a clothes company.

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

They didn't start it, and it may have just been totally copped from TAMU

Ironically, Aggy themselves ripped it off from Minnesota and Iowa, which makes their whining about the Seahawks using the term that much more pathetic.
Minnesota and Iowa didn't yank a guy out of the stands and give him a jersey though...

They didn't start it, and it may have just been totally copped from TAMU

Ironically, Aggy themselves ripped it off from Minnesota and Iowa, which makes their whining about the Seahawks using the term that much more pathetic.
Minnesota and Iowa didn't yank a guy out of the stands and give him a jersey though...

They just retired the number for the fans in 1984. I'm not 100% how the jersey started

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm watching the Rams-Packers game and I actually really like the Rams uniforms... With a couple slight modifications it could be one of the best in the NFL

I was thinking the same thing. With the absence of side panels on the jerseys and the khaki pants, it's a good Rams uniform. Get rid of the collar and tweak the trim, and that's a great NFL uniform.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

My dad, my 45 year old dad, said the new Bucs uniforms are awesome... he's seen every uniform they've worn... how should I respond?

Tell him it's time for LASIK.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My dad, my 45 year old dad, said the new Bucs uniforms are awesome... he's seen every uniform they've worn... how should I respond?

I'm a year younger than your dad and have seen everything he has with respect to Tampa's uniforms. I'm sorry, your dad is showing signs of early-stage dementia. The effects of this (assuming the reflecting numbers haven't done too much damage already) can possibly be reversed by having him watch the Buccaneers' Super Bowl victory again. Good luck.

It's time for the Raiders to embrace the elite 51 template. Their numbers looked worse than highschool practice jerseys for much of the game last night, the way they kept getting bunched up, especially on Greg Little.

I don't understand what is preventing them from making the change. The new template would not impact their look in the slightest. We've even seen they can provide the old metallic pants style (Cowboys, Bucs).

Nothing is preventing them from making the change. Like the other handful of teams sticking to the old template, they obviously feel it looks better.

This season, the Eagles have decided to make the change... how's that working out for them, so far?

Yeah. Switch to Nike and lose their primary jerseys. Good move Eagles.

So to you Nike Swooshketeers out there pushing for the Raiders, Packers, etc... to change to Nike's template. Why? Is your devotion to a shoe company so strong that you take the Raiders' refusal to use their Moisture Wicking™ template as an affront to all you consider good in football?

The Raiders, Packers, Falcons, and Panthers obviously feel like the Nike template isn't an improvement. Why is it such a huge deal to you all that they think that? Is it a secret desire to see these teams go down the path the Bucs and Jags did? To see the Raiders with sword graphics as pants stripes and the Packers with cheese textured helmets? If so I'm glad Nike is telling them to keep their distance.

Did Nike murder your family or something? Jesus, I don't think I've ever seen someone so salty towards a clothes company.

Way to miss the point entirely.

Why is it such a big deal to some that the Raiders, Falcons, Packers, and Panthers have decided to not use Nike's template. The way some talk about it you'd swear that by shunning Nike the Packers had just murdered a baby at the 50 yard line.

Archived