Atlanta in MLS

bleuet

Buying the Silverbacks wouldn't be a bad idea. Use the name (again, I like continuity); turn Silverbacks Park into a training complex (and possibly still rent it out for adult leagues and such).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying the Silverbacks wouldn't be a bad idea. Use the name (again, I like continuity); turn Silverbacks Park into a training complex (and possibly still rent it out for adult leagues and such).

POTD 2013-08-22

The only way the Silverbacks won't sell their name is if they'd rather relocate with the identity. Which, in my opinion, doesn't make too much financial sense. I'm assuming this MLS team would give them a fair amount of money to use the identity, and I am not sure using the name "silverbacks" anywhere else would really increase marketing success in any place they relocate.

Sell the name and identity, relocate somewhere else and start fresh.

They have already declared the team colors will be red and gold. I doubt Silverbacks becomes the moniker.

A lot of people are actually recommending sticking to Atlanta's bird theme and naming them the Phoenix. I can't think of a team name for an Atlanta franchise that makes more sense than Phoenix.

They have already declared the team colors will be red and gold. I doubt Silverbacks becomes the moniker.

A lot of people are actually recommending sticking to Atlanta's bird theme and naming them the Phoenix. I can't think of a team name for an Atlanta franchise that makes more sense than Phoenix.

Except that "Phoenix" the name of a rather large US city.

POTD 2013-08-22

I think, really, there's only one winner here. A name with soccer history in the area, that really taps into what MLS is trying to do right now vis-a-vis team naming strategy. A timeless name, simple yet memorable.

Ladies and gentlemen...

Atlanta_FC.PNG

bifcolympique_zps28a2961e.png

Except that "Phoenix" the name of a rather large US city.

And there's also a women's football team using the name right now...still, the MLS team could get a good price on buying it.

bYhYmxh.png

Hell, the Thrashers name worked it's just the team didn't. Would be fun if they did what the Colorado Rockies did and adopt the moniker of the city's defunct NHL team. I know it won't happen. But hey...

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived