Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

ThePeam

Chargers navy blue looks, they look much better in the powder blue uniforms

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my list:

Patriots: First team that came to my mind

Houston Rockets: Never was a fan of the redesign

Detroit Lions: Hate the semi-redesign

Ariziona Cardinals: Just plain ugly

Dallas Mavricks: Too Much going on

Clippers: Kind of the that same Reds veigh...so close yet so far. Love the colors though

NBA: Any of the Sleeves uniforms

San Diego Padres: Just Awful

Minnesota Vikings: Need to go back to their simple set

Chicago cubs new road alternate: Awful

This may surprise some people, but....

Aaron+Rodgers+Wild+Card+Playoffs+Green+B

The Packers uniforms in general frustrate me, but especially the road whites. First of all, if the Browns can cram 5 stripes into their non-sleeves, there's no reason the Packers can't.

Secondly, there shouldn't be "stems" in between the sleeve stripes on the roads. I don't mind it on the homes, because there's not enough contrast between gold and white, but that's exactly why it shouldn't be on the roads... it makes the middle gold stripe look fatter and disproportionate.

Lastly, how unnecessary are the collar stripes? I can tolerate them on the roads, but not on the homes. Aside from the shoulder numbers (which would've happened anyway), the collar stripes are the only changes from the Forrest Gregg era that have stuck. That was arguably the lowest point in the history of the Packers and they should be distancing themselves from it.

THIS is how the Packers roads should look. Yes, I like the grey masks... they look great on teams that still wear the same basic uniforms from the grey mask era.

photo19.jpg

Just do up the home unis the same way and they'll never have to make another change again.

Completely disagree. The Packers look fine the way they are, it's the Steelers and Browns that need to adjust to modern uniform cuts because the days of Durene and long sleeves are never coming back.

The only change the Packers should make is to bring these pants stripes back and make the helmet stripes match:

1987PACKERS-Summers.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

With or without the numbers, those pants are just terrible. Why would you think a yellow stripe should be featured prominently on yellow pants? Just because it matches the current road jersey stripes? That's taking striping consistency way too far. Pants stripes should match helmets, but they don't need to match the jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Incredibly unpopular opinion...I like the number circle patch on the pants. The Cowboys and Packers, maybe the Browns (?), and Syracuse used to have them. I'll admit nostalgia has a lot to do with the charm.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

While I am a fan of the Los Angeles Kings, and their home black jerseys are alright, it's their white ones I have a slight issue with. Why the hem stripe on that one? I hate it when teams have one jersey that doesn't look the same as the other.

The Rams not wearing gold pants.

Before they dropped them in 2011, I might add that when their current uni set was introduced in 2000 (obviously, some tweaks have been made since), I hate the fact that it lacked stripes. The gold pants looked, well, for lack of a better term, naked.

UBwef0L.png

Before they dropped them in 2011, I might add that when their current uni set was introduced in 2000 (obviously, some tweaks have been made since), I hate the fact that it lacked stripes. The gold pants looked, well, for lack of a better term, naked.

I think that was the first time an NFL team wore pants without some kind of striping in decades. I remember being against it at the time too. Stripeless pants were always the staple of college football (Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, Florida State, Virginia Tech) and I thought it was a look that didn't belong with the professionals. The irony is the Rams wear striped pants for every game and I miss the plain gold pants.

But those stripe free Rams pants were the older brother to awful looks like Baltimore and New Orleans' black leggings or the Browns' turd capris.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This may surprise some people, but....

Aaron+Rodgers+Wild+Card+Playoffs+Green+B

The Packers uniforms in general frustrate me, but especially the road whites. First of all, if the Browns can cram 5 stripes into their non-sleeves, there's no reason the Packers can't.

Secondly, there shouldn't be "stems" in between the sleeve stripes on the roads. I don't mind it on the homes, because there's not enough contrast between gold and white, but that's exactly why it shouldn't be on the roads... it makes the middle gold stripe look fatter and disproportionate.

Lastly, how unnecessary are the collar stripes? I can tolerate them on the roads, but not on the homes. Aside from the shoulder numbers (which would've happened anyway), the collar stripes are the only changes from the Forrest Gregg era that have stuck. That was arguably the lowest point in the history of the Packers and they should be distancing themselves from it.

THIS is how the Packers roads should look. Yes, I like the grey masks... they look great on teams that still wear the same basic uniforms from the grey mask era.

photo19.jpg

Just do up the home unis the same way and they'll never have to make another change again.

Completely disagree. The Packers look fine the way they are, it's the Steelers and Browns that need to adjust to modern uniform cuts because the days of Durene and long sleeves are never coming back.

The only change the Packers should make is to bring these pants stripes back and make the helmet stripes match:

1987PACKERS-Summers.jpg

Eww.

I've seen you spout this opinion before and it's always baffling because it accomplishes nothing but to make a classic uniform look worse. You want to take one of football's all time classic helmets and goof around with the stripes so yellow is in the middle and for what reason? The braisher stripes are bold and good looking. There's a reason this style is seen all over football. White never touches yellow. They're always separated by green (which is the main criticism of the road uniform) and because of this each color pops on its own. Your suggestion dulls the effectiveness of the white on the yellow pants and helmets, makes the striping convoluted, and appears slim and wimpy. I'd love to hear your reasoning, but I suspect there is none.

If I was going to fix the Packers' white jersey I would simply transfer the sleeve stripe as is from the green jersey to the white jersey. I'd also lose the collar on both shirts.

As for the sleeves and stripes, I think we've reached a point where sleeves are as small as they're going to get and I've accepted that sleeve stripes now exist as rectangles of color. The Steelers and 49ers are a mess because they choose to have their stripes to get cut off, but the way the Browns, Bills, Bears, Lions, Packers, Giants, etc utilize their large sleeve stripes on the new cuts are fine. The Packers could go back to the Bart Starr stripes and it would be fine as long as they didn't give them the 49ers/Steelers treatment.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think that was the first time an NFL team wore pants without some kind of striping in decades. I remember being against it at the time too. Stripeless pants were always the staple of college football (Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, Florida State, Virginia Tech) and I thought it was a look that didn't belong with the professionals. The irony is the Rams wear striped pants for every game and I miss the plain gold pants.

But those stripe free Rams pants were the older brother to awful looks like Baltimore and New Orleans' black leggings or the Browns' turd capris.

If only they'd add stripes to them, then they'd look less like yoga pants and more like proper football pants.

UBwef0L.png

Teams that wear WHITE at HOME.

Agree. The Cowboys are a hot mess in general with their 1,500 silvers and mismatched tones, so I can kind of forgive the whites at home because everything else is so sloppy. Same goes for Georgia Tech and their bubble wrap. You kinda forget they wear white because the rest of the uniform is just heinous.

But... LSU. LSU. LSU.

Your purple jerseys are so BEAUTIFUL and you never wear them. Failure.

105620667_display_image.jpg?1298001459

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The anaheim Angels current red cap and red jersey. I hate all that red it looks like a big bloody t@**** especially since the jersey font is also red. Then they think they have to put in silver as an accent color. They looked so much better as the California Angels. If they would just tone down the red a little bit they would look better. Also the Vegas gold instead of yellow for the Penguins.

The anaheim Angels current red cap and red jersey. I hate all that red it looks like a big bloody t@**** especially since the jersey font is also red. Then they think they have to put in silver as an accent color. They looked so much better as the California Angels. If they would just tone down the red a little bit they would look better. Also the Vegas gold instead of yellow for the Penguins.

I agree with you about the Angels. They need to be red and blue.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I disagree. I dig the "red vs blue" deal LA baseball has going on right now.

I disagree. I dig the "red vs blue" deal LA baseball has going on right now.
I'm fine with the Angels being red-heavy, but their cap is absolutely begging for a navy crown.

---------------

The Leafs' Winter Classic look was beautiful. No vintage white, no roundel, no cheesy fauxback aspects...just an exact replica of what they wore in 1932.

Except for the sock stripes. There are supposed to be three "trios" of stripes, not two. This is literally the only detail they got wrong. I cannot comprehend why they would intentionally mess this up, especially when their standard socks feature three "trios".

james_van_riemsdyk.jpg.size.xxlarge.lett

Forget the Redskins, this is the epitome of striping inconsistency:

Antoine+Pruneau+Ottawa+Redblacks+v+Edmon

I was gonna post their abominations of road uniforms, but these get the edge for having the horrendously unnecessary black outlines on the helmet stripe. FOUR completely different striping patterns all bunched together. And don't even get me started on that collar - who thought that five stripes on a collar was necessary? The helmet stripe should minick the pants, and the collar should be solid green. Leave the sleeves as is.

Bonus points for also being a case of "so close, yet so far":

76368-18Fr.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Teams that wear WHITE at HOME.

Agree. The Cowboys are a hot mess in general with their 1,500 silvers and mismatched tones, so I can kind of forgive the whites at home because everything else is so sloppy. Same goes for Georgia Tech and their bubble wrap. You kinda forget they wear white because the rest of the uniform is just heinous.

But... LSU. LSU. LSU.

Your purple jerseys are so BEAUTIFUL and you never wear them. Failure.

105620667_display_image.jpg?1298001459

Just shut up.

newsig.jpg

ClwRaJq.jpg

Love the Mavs, but their experimentation and stumbling across different shades of blue the past few seasons is frustrating. There's too much going on in their current road uni's- the silver numbers look out of place with the navy "DALLAS" and the white names. The homes are a bit better but the different blue shades look out of place as well.

They need to throw back and simplify the color scheme. Get rid of royal blue and silver. Straight up navy, kelly green and white.

Archived