2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

45 minutes ago, NYRFan said:

Can someone help me understand the significance of the bar on the alternate "A"?

Tie-in to Arenas? Something new they're trying? 

From what I know, it's more just to celebrate the retro look. I think it looks cool...anything that gives the C/A a tad more character is fine in my book.

Worn in the 70s and 80s:

Darryl-Sittler-1974-1975-Jersey-Toronto-Maple-Leafs

NHL All-Decade Team: 1980s Toronto Maple Leafs | Taylor Made

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/10/2020 at 9:48 PM, philly97flyer said:

Helmet ads are fine with me under 2 conditions, neither of which may be broken:

1. It prevents ads from appearing on any other part of the uniform

2. It is for this upcoming season only, never to be seen again

Ads on the player are NEVER fine. It's 100% pure unadulterated greed. There are already enough ads on the boards, ice and now even computer generated ads on the plexiglas behind the net

On 12/10/2020 at 10:52 AM, colinturner95 said:

I get the difference in materials, but man those blues don't match from jersey/socks and pants

Hard to tell exactly when they made that move because good pictures from that era are hard to find, but they switched to lighter blue helmets and pants (but not gloves, curiously) sometime in the mid 90s, after their last Cup win. Even harder to tell why they made that switch. So they've been wearing two shades of blue on their uniform since for around 25 years at this point, it's something that's always bugged me but I find it funny that people are just starting to realize now cause they've introduced a blue jersey. I do think it would have looked better with red pants and helmets

On 12/14/2020 at 3:52 AM, joekono said:

While I'm a big fan of the purple and gold, the Kings really need to get rid of the 2nd grader logo IF ANYTHING. Throw the early 2000s crown on the front only and at least there's a great deal of improvement.

jRB7Ztj.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Am I the only person who thinks this is the best uniform in the Predators short history?  Deciding to be the de-facto 'gold' team in 2012 was the right move, but both subsequent uniforms have left much to be desired.  The first design was sunk by the unnecessary piping that inexplicably intersected with the hem stripes and the second was sunk by the sheer blandness of its striping.

gmOfXFG.png

This design marries the gold base to a bold striping configuration that's eye catching and wholly unique to the league.  Maybe we could do without the chrome highlights on the logo but I'm really liking the reintroduction of silver to their colour palette as it further differentiates them from the other blue and gold teams.  This design with the current logo and the guitar pick on both shoulders would be perfect IMHO.

San Jose Sharks to Wear Heritage Jersey in 2021

December 15, 2020 - 19:15 PM

The San Jose Sharks will be going retro both ways next season, just two weeks after the introduction of their late ’90s “Reverse Retro” jersey they’ve brought back another throwback… not reversed… for 2020-21. In celebration of their 30th season in the league, the Sharks will be wearing their original

Read More...

Gotta go full time with these and eventually fix the collar.  Thank god the Sharks have been relatively restored. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

35 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Gotta go full time with these and eventually fix the collar.  Thank god the Sharks have been relatively restored. 

There's too many outlines around the 90s Sharks primary crest. 

I'm on board with a more traditional look. But the logo really needs an upgrade. The Sharks need to do what the Sabres did and not the Senators.

2 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Am I the only person who thinks this is the best uniform in the Predators short history?  Deciding to be the de-facto 'gold' team in 2012 was the right move, but both subsequent uniforms have left much to be desired.  The first design was sunk by the unnecessary piping that inexplicably intersected with the hem stripes and the second was sunk by the sheer blandness of its striping.

gmOfXFG.png

This design marries the gold base to a bold striping configuration that's eye catching and wholly unique to the league.  Maybe we could do without the chrome highlights on the logo but I'm really liking the reintroduction of silver to their colour palette as it further differentiates them from the other blue and gold teams.  This design with the current logo and the guitar pick on both shoulders would be perfect IMHO.

I'd keep the guitar pick, maybe the guitar string numbers.

This jersey is definitely a step above the lifeless, click n fill template they're using now. It's not perfect, but it's a few adjustments away from being the best jersey set they've ever had.

38 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

Says on the mothership they'll only be worn 2 to 4 times before being retired the following season :(.

Which kinda sucks...the Kings said the gray/silver 90s jersey was a permanent addition, so I was hoping the Sharks would have made these permanent. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, riccirulesall said:

looks like they’re using the newer shade of teal and current number font.... lame on the numbers I really like the original 

Reading some of the PR from the team, I can confirm you are correct. It is the newer shade, which my eye sees as more green.

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

There's too many outlines around the 90s Sharks primary crest. 

I'm on board with a more traditional look. But the logo really needs an upgrade. The Sharks need to do what the Sabres did and not the Senators.

I think it does need slight upgrade. They just did the wrong kind of upgrade in 2007. I hate how they went mid-2000's saturday morning cartoon, pikachu inspired, glowing orange eyes with lots of pointy edges style.. and almost everyone thought or still thinks it's cool.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived