2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

5 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Am I the only person who thinks this is the best uniform in the Predators short history?  Deciding to be the de-facto 'gold' team in 2012 was the right move, but both subsequent uniforms have left much to be desired.  The first design was sunk by the unnecessary piping that inexplicably intersected with the hem stripes and the second was sunk by the sheer blandness of its striping.

gmOfXFG.png

This design marries the gold base to a bold striping configuration that's eye catching and wholly unique to the league.  Maybe we could do without the chrome highlights on the logo but I'm really liking the reintroduction of silver to their colour palette as it further differentiates them from the other blue and gold teams.  This design with the current logo and the guitar pick on both shoulders would be perfect IMHO.

I think you're right.

The questions is, is the recoloured original logo (on this jersey) that maintains the chrome effect, better than the current flat recoloured logo they use now? 

I think there's a bit more life to it. I think it might be better. In which case this jersey is perfect.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/15/2020 at 2:40 PM, Nordiks_19 said:

spacer.png

It's back !

One of the league’s best jerseys ever is now back! 

ashley olsen applause GIF

Hey Sharks, please retire the stealth pyjamas and make this a permanent alternate now. NOW. Hopefully they switch this to full time in few years. 

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

10 hours ago, Survival79 said:

jRB7Ztj.png

Did you make this? Any chance you could reverse the colours of the crown on the gold jersey? So there's more purple in it. Much like the Kings use to do in their original run of purple and gold jerseys? Gold crown on purple jersey, purple crown on gold jersey? 

14 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Am I the only person who thinks this is the best uniform in the Predators short history?  Deciding to be the de-facto 'gold' team in 2012 was the right move, but both subsequent uniforms have left much to be desired.  The first design was sunk by the unnecessary piping that inexplicably intersected with the hem stripes and the second was sunk by the sheer blandness of its striping.

gmOfXFG.png

This design marries the gold base to a bold striping configuration that's eye catching and wholly unique to the league.  Maybe we could do without the chrome highlights on the logo but I'm really liking the reintroduction of silver to their colour palette as it further differentiates them from the other blue and gold teams.  This design with the current logo and the guitar pick on both shoulders would be perfect IMHO.

Strongly agree. I've been thinking about this since the RR jerseys were revealed. Nashville should make this their primary home sweater, with the current guitar pick shoulder patches.

37 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Unpopular opinion probably: I don't hate the Fanatics style, especially if you can find them discounted by 25% or more; I don't feel like spending $180 on an authentic jersey that will hang in my closet, I don't need a fight strap when I'm sitting on the couch, and the overall material is quite soft compared to older CCM jerseys. For a replica jersey, the Fanatics jerseys are pretty nice, IMO, compared to the no-twill heat-pressed stuff that Nike now has. 

The thing I don't like is how Fanatics uses two sizes of crests for a few jerseys (though the vast majority of Fanatics jerseys don't have this problem).

For the Caps' RR, for sizes L and bigger, they use a crest that is comparable in size to the adidas version...but for sizes M and smaller, they use a smaller version of the crest. I can tell that this is a Small, just by the width of the logo, and the distance between the stripes and the claws:

Where as this is an XL.

s-l1600.jpg

Just give us the bigger crests on all jerseys!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, EmperorPenguin said:

Did you make this? Any chance you could reverse the colours of the crown on the gold jersey? So there's more purple in it. Much like the Kings use to do in their original run of purple and gold jerseys? Gold crown on purple jersey, purple crown on gold jersey? 

I just tweaked the logo and applied it to a jersey set from The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database.

Reversed gold and purple:

kpgD628.png

Reversed gold and purple then reversed purple and white:

IMvv1Dh.png

Those were done using the crown from the current logo, which has a different outline than the original crown.

I didn't think any of those options worked particularly well, so I made some adjustments to the original crown and applied it to the Creamer set.

BRKUX1Y.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

6 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

It's a fun concept. But I doubt the Kings will go back full-time to Lakers colors, after winning 2 Stanley Cups in the Gretzky Chevy era colors.

I don't always think a team should be held "hostage" by winning a championship or two in a certain uniform. Look at the Cleveland Cavaliers, not only a TERRIBLE uniform. BUT SLEEVES. On the other hand, if teams thought like that, we would have nice normal Rams uniforms instead of the garbage now.

Cavaliers Defeat Warriors to Win Their First N.B.A. Title - The New York  Times

2 hours ago, joekono said:

I don't always think a team should be held "hostage" by winning a championship or two in a certain uniform. Look at the Cleveland Cavaliers, not only a TERRIBLE uniform. BUT SLEEVES. On the other hand, if teams thought like that, we would have nice normal Rams uniforms instead of the garbage now.

Cavaliers Defeat Warriors to Win Their First N.B.A. Title - The New York  Times

You also have cases like the Tampa Bay Lightning who won a Stanley Cup in two completely different logos. They can't technically be held hostage of one over the other because each look has a Cup under that banner.

uulllstj3jvqtwx6ie6kbnzoh.gif    97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

12 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

You also have cases like the Tampa Bay Lightning who won a Stanley Cup in two completely different logos. They can't technically be held hostage of one over the other because each look has a Cup under that banner.

uulllstj3jvqtwx6ie6kbnzoh.gif    97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

And neither is their best logo. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

34 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

And neither is their best logo. 

Yeah their original logo is the best. With the light blue.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

When you see the hem striping on the red jersey, you wonder why they didn't do the same treatment on the black and whites... I find the red looks strongest, as it creates less distance between the crest and the striping. 

Also, just wondering...with the NYR and CALG RRs and the Sens white, is Adidas trying to steer teams away from long, colored forearms? The originals of all 3 had big blocks of color there.

Maybe @andrewharrington would know. He seems quite knowledgeable. 

23 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Not sure if this is confirmation, but no yellow buckets for the Preds.

Unfortunately I wouldn't put a ton of stock into that, all of the photoshoots of the new set feature the usual yellow helmets-

Fvub5Q6.png

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, henburg said:

Unfortunately I wouldn't put a ton of stock into that, all of the photoshoots of the new set feature the usual yellow helmets-

Fvub5Q6.png

Ah, that's a shame. While I did like the initial move to yellow helmets years back, the navy provides such better balance for this set. 

Man, they've leaned in so hard to "owning" the yellow.

Archived