College Football 2020

Kevin W.

Looks like another new field design in Jacksonville for Georgia/Florida. The notable change is the use of the special event logo at midfield rather than the SEC logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I prefer the SEC logo at midfield. They’ve played around with endzones designs for years (white endzones, colored endzones, grass colored endzones, etc) but the SEC logo had been used for years.

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ManillaToad said:

Boise looks like complete crap in black

The black alternates would look much better if they put more emphasis on the blue/orange (their actual colors) than a weird black on black idea. It come off looking very undercooked.

• Like 5

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

14 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I would choose the nightmare green over black any day of the week, and I think most other Ducks fans would likely agree. They certainly don’t need both, which it seems like they might this year if they really do have a new black alternate in the works. Going forward they should definitely choose one and stick with it, but my vote would be for the nightmare green. I’d be fine with black, though, again just as long as they pick one. The apple green is and should continue to be the primary shade of green, and should be worn more frequently than it has been the last couple seasons.

I think the issue that I (and several others) have with the Nightmare Green is that it doesn’t always look, well, green. Don’t get me wrong, in the proper lighting it’s a good look, but more often than not it appears more of a brown color than green. I think they should take it about a shade or two more to the green side of the spectrum, while still keeping it dark enough to call back to the Joey Harrington era

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Boise looks like complete crap in black

10 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

The black alternates would look much better if they put more emphasis on the blue/orange (their actual colors) than a weird black on black idea. It come off looking very undercooked.

Well after the 51-17 humiliation wearing them, all I can say about them is: 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I’ve mentioned a couple times lately that the Ducks will likely have a new black/neon green alternate uniform this year, as one of this season’s cleat colorways is black/neon green. Now there is a new product available on Nike.com with that same color scheme, likely the coaches polo that will go along with the new alternate uniform:

spacer.png

spacer.png

“Ohana” appears on the back of the shirt and also on the small tag on the left sleeve. It means family in Hawaiian, Samoan, etc. The Ducks have a pretty extensive history with Polynesian players in the program, namely Haloti Ngata, Penei Sewell, and most famously Marcus Mariota. That is the likely inspiration here, so it’ll be interesting to see how it’s incorporated into the uniform. Chances are “Ohana” will appear somewhere on the uniform, even if just on the inside collar. There also appears to be some sort of pattern inside the ‘O’ on the small tag on the left sleeve of the polo, so that could be another feature. Expect the uniform to be worn against UCLA on Friday the 20th, with the unveiling coming earlier that week.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Their top two QB's got injured, and they played the #7 team in the nation.  No surprise there. 

I loved the previous black set that had more blue in it.  This one is OK, not great.

Boise State doesn't need any form of black uniform. Blue, no blue, doesn't matter. Get rid of it. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

17 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Looks like another new field design in Jacksonville for Georgia/Florida. The notable change is the use of the special event logo at midfield rather than the SEC logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I prefer the SEC logo at midfield. They’ve played around with endzones designs for years (white endzones, colored endzones, grass colored endzones, etc) but the SEC logo had been used for years.

spacer.png

Scratch that, apparently they didn’t bother with team specific endzones this year and used the Jags font with “Jacksonville” in both endzones.

This is likely due to schedule shuffling from COVID. The Jaguars were on a bye last week, the same weekend the Georgia/Florida game was originally supposed to take place before the schedule was adjusted.

• Like 1

Dud Indiana change the helmet logos? They look wide and a more “fat”, so to speak. The trident on the helmet is the old curved version I think. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

53 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Dud Indiana change the helmet logos? They look wide and a more “fat”, so to speak. The trident on the helmet is the old curved version I think. 

I did a quick google for this as well. When it didnt bring back any results, I knew to come here. 

• Like 1

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Love this helmet. Any script logo is a major boost to the overall aesthetic of the uniform.

Yep. That looks good.

Now, if they would only fix their jersey number font, and the stupid looking all white pants with Cowboys script down the side. Ugh.