Steelers unveiling new throw/fauxbacks

eliminator jr

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A buddy of mine had this to say about that picturr of Isaac Redman:

"Inmate 412-724-814"

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

These are so hideous that they're likeable.

Pretty much my reaction. For one-offs, I love jerseys like this, as well as the Maryland flag jerseys et al.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

:blink:

There's something fantastically horrible, or should that be horribly fantastic, about these. Everything says I should hate them, but dammit if I don't

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

you know what, I LOVE IT. It's different, and it's freaking awesome. Screw it I'm buying one.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Hey they took a chance, and good for them. It's fun, and far superior than a batwing throwback would have been. The one they wore in '94 would have been nice too, but this is so different than anything we've seen on a modern template that I think it's great (except for the helmets.)

If I was the Steelers (or the NFL), my concern would be in the merchandising opportunities (or lack thereof.) With the way replicas are cut, there's going to be a lot of stripes on them, especially the sleeves. I can't picture anyone other than hardcore collectors buying these. I certainly can't picture people who wear jerseys walking around casually in these things.

It's unfortunate that those are the kinds of things that they probably think about when they design these things, but it's fortunate that they decided that the money wasn't as important as the sentiment.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived