College Basketball 2013-14

DaytonBlue

I'm not sure if this has been said or not, but the pinstripes on the road throwback jerseys are actually words about the program. It says: "Pay Heed. The game you love began here. Respect those who came before you. Make their legacy your own. Because destiny favors the dedicated. And rings don't replace work. In this game you don't get what you want. You get what you earn. We are Kansas. Together we rise. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!"

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kansas is apparently going to wear their alternates the rest of the season as long as the other team's color scheme allows for it. Bill Self said he and the players don't like their current regular uniforms so they will wear the alternates whenever possible.ku_bkc_isu_12_t960.jpg?b8ea04f16efcb7dc0

Good call.

I second the good call. The primaries are terrible.

TOTALLY AGREE, I used all caps to show how serious I am. I think the primary unis look too much like adidas practice clothes. I absolutely love the alt home whites, probably could have outlined the Jayhawks script in red, and maybe the mascot too. Hate the Grey roads though. Making the lettering blue would have helped.

Can we assume that means thae will wear them the rest of the regular season until adidas trys to thrust a sleeved monstrosity upon them?

Kansas is apparently going to wear their alternates the rest of the season as long as the other team's color scheme allows for it. Bill Self said he and the players don't like their current regular uniforms so they will wear the alternates whenever possible.ku_bkc_isu_12_t960.jpg?b8ea04f16efcb7dc0

Good call.

I second the good call. The primaries are terrible.

TOTALLY AGREE, I used all caps to show how serious I am. I think the primary unis look too much like adidas practice clothes. I absolutely love the alt home whites, probably could have outlined the Jayhawks script in red, and maybe the mascot too. Hate the Grey roads though. Making the lettering blue would have helped.

Can we assume that means thae will wear them the rest of the regular season until adidas trys to thrust a sleeved monstrosity upon them?

I guess. IIRC, they wore last years sleeved unis for big 12 tourney. Looked like a nice big blue pack of fruit stripe bubble gum.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I have a couple of observations about Kansas new throwbacks (and an observation on Kansas Trajan Font Unis)..

I do think they are nice, especially the home whites, but I really wish would make a road blue jersey with the similar look, have a cursive "Kansas" with the red lettering, sloping upward and the number on the bottom left hand side of the jersey. That would make it more of a classic look. Not really a fan of the gray uniforms, if they wanted to make an alternate gray jersey, they could have done it better.

OTOH, I really do love the "Trajan Font" jerseys that Kansas had been wearing from the 2007-08 to the present, especially during the 2008 national championship season. They were the coolest and neatest jerseys I have ever seen so I do not understand why the coaches and players do not like them. But if they feel that the new "throwbacks" the Jayhawks are wearing that are going to be successful (they have won the last two games with the alts), then I say "go for it". Maybe those alts will give them motivation towards a serious national title run. But then again, its not the jersey that brings success, its the athletes that wears the jersey (current or the alternate) brings success.

The trajan font has been pretty divisive at KU. It was a University wide branding decision that was basically handed down from the academic side. When they first made the change people hated it, then they won an Orange Bowl and National Championship in basketball that year and people got on board (guess that's what success does). Trajan looks fine on basketball uniforms but is a disaster on football jerseys.

I think most KU fans would like to see KU go back to the old circus font from either 1988 or the Roy Williams era font. For football they should absolutely drop trajan and just go with traditional block numerals. KU really doesn't need the gimmick of every sport using the same font. The Jayhawk is one of the most recognizable logos in sports, that is all the branding they need.

The trajan font has been pretty divisive at KU. It was a University wide branding decision that was basically handed down from the academic side. When they first made the change people hated it, then they won an Orange Bowl and National Championship in basketball that year and people got on board (guess that's what success does). Trajan looks fine on basketball uniforms but is a disaster on football jerseys.

I think most KU fans would like to see KU go back to the old circus font from either 1988 or the Roy Williams era font. For football they should absolutely drop trajan and just go with traditional block numerals. KU really doesn't need the gimmick of every sport using the same font. The Jayhawk is one of the most recognizable logos in sports, that is all the branding they need.

Trajan's used on one edition the Kansas state license plates. I think Trajan on the plates happened before the uniforms, but I doubt it's simply coincidence.

ks2005.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Saw that on the Adidas cap that they are selling.

I'm not sure if this has been said or not, but the pinstripes on the road throwback jerseys are actually words about the program. It says: "Pay Heed. The game you love began here. Respect those who came before you. Make their legacy your own. Because destiny favors the dedicated. And rings don't replace work. In this game you don't get what you want. You get what you earn. We are Kansas. Together we rise. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!"

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Sneaking in under the radar, we have Rhode Island opting to recolor the Miami Heat template.

940x.jpg

URI_STL_01.JPG

It looks like Adidas is licensing out NBA teams' templates and fonts to colleges now.

MecoHR5.jpg

D74Oiqm.png

WSVyqPd.jpg

(Hard to see, but it's the Hawks' template.)

Here's a better view (Bowling Green):

BGSU-Samford-Cameron-Black.jpg

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Here is a link to a detail of the pinstripes (couldn't embed the photo):

http://www.kuathletics.com/galleries/default.aspx?image=5075

Georgia's new home uniforms just don't look right. Not enough red, and no silver. Doesn't look like Georgia. These digs would work for Utah or San Diego State.

460x.jpg

Old uniform for comparison.

10949630.jpg

I actually like them. The black numbers on white. match with the football numbers. Flipping the red and black on the stripes might be better, but I still really like them.

As for the second photo, I was at that game. Crazy. Probably the best game I've been to in Stegeman.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived