2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instant cap upgrade.

Agreed.

phils-64.png

What percentage of the people will notice that something is different?

The over/under is 12%

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

For you guys who root for teams that have alt jerseys/Caps, these Stars and Stripes hats and military Camo uniforms miight not be a big deal for you guys. But for me, I have to actually look forward to the Yanks wearing Camo numbers on jerseys, and Red hats.

And it is the most depressing thing in life :(

Check out the Yankees payroll, and photos of the players mansions/palaces......and i am sure that camo thing falls to number 2 on your depressing list ! :)

Haha true

For you guys who root for teams that have alt jerseys/Caps, these Stars and Stripes hats and military Camo uniforms miight not be a big deal for you guys. But for me, I have to actually look forward to the Yanks wearing Camo numbers on jerseys, and Red hats.

And it is the most depressing thing in life :(

Who knew being a Yankees fan could be so hard?

It's so hard. When ever we don't an a World Series I feel like just staying in bed for weeks. :(

I'd go with maroon and just not have any other colors. Maybe use some grey as a de facto secondary color in certain applications, but maroon and white by themselves would look pretty great, as it did for the Phils' home uniforms in the '70s and '80s.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Put blue stars on the jerseys and match the P on the hat and jersey and make it their full-time home look.

Isn't that what they're current look essentially does?

The script on the throwbacks is miles better than what they have now without the giant white background. The raglan sleeves on the throwbacks don't hurt either.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Put blue stars on the jerseys and match the P on the hat and jersey and make it their full-time home look.

Isn't that what they're current look essentially does?

The script on the throwbacks is miles better than what they have now. The raglan sleeves on the throwbacks don't hurt either.

Not to mention a decent number font and pinstripes that actually look red (not pink).

LOL @ the Cubs for selling this hat..

pMLB2-18231262dt.jpg

Chicago Cubs Authentic Collection 1914 & 1929 Turn Back The Clock On-Field 59FIFTY Game Cap

How many of these do you think they've sold?

Over or Under: 1,000.

It has to be way under right?

I was at the Cubs team store at Water Tower Place today. Said they're moving like molasses. All of them on the floor also had dirt on them for some reason.

Lids didn't even get them. Both stores had the other two throwback hats.

The Cubs are now plumbing Marlins/Coyotes/Panthers depths of audaciously stupid marketing. The only difference is that we get winter.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Cubs are now plumbing Marlins/Coyotes/Panthers depths of audaciously stupid marketing. The only difference is that we get winter.

Other teams have done it before. The Red Sox come to mind. The White Sox as well.

And the Padres, and the Giants...

I like kicking the Cubs as much as the next fellow (especially if said next fellow hails from the Badger State), but are we to excoriate all the teams that have offered blank caps for sale, or shall we pretend that it is a phenomenon invented on Chicago's north side?

Other teams have done it before. The Red Sox come to mind. The White Sox as well.

And the Padres, and the Giants...

I like kicking the Cubs as much as the next fellow (especially if said next fellow hails from the Badger State), but are we to excoriate all the teams that have offered blank caps for sale, or shall we pretend that it is a phenomenon invented on Chicago's north side?

Yeah. I think it's really, really dumb, and teams should probably just sell them online rather than wasting shelf space with items which will end up on the clearance rack for the next two years, but I understand teams selling them. It's not nearly as amateurish as making fauxback jerseys to an era in which the team never existed. Maybe the Cubs can make chainmail jerseys or something.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

nl_1964_chicago.gif

Not sure if they've worn these road throwbacks before or not

What percentage of the people will notice that something is different?

They should notice the backs of the unis are completely different (huge block numbers with no names)

pMLB2-12504348dt.jpg

Archived