OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

Oh no. After seeing the navy they are using, I might puke. Why not dark royal blue? I guess the troll loves to troll more and more.

12 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:
22 hours ago, ramsker said:

Whaaaaa? Make up your minds, y'all!!! 

All of this could be more puppet master Demoff's doing...

Yeah, it's a neon lights modificiation of a new logo. None of the neon lights logos from the draft caps are representative of the teams' actual logos.  We just have the benefit of already having seen all of the other logos in their standard applications.  All this says to me is that maybe we shouldn't judge the new logo until we see the actual new logo, instead of just a weird, outliney, not-colored-in version of it.

But liiiike, I can't wait to judge at that point!  

57 minutes ago, DPHF said:

Yeah, it's a neon lights modificiation of a new logo. None of the neon lights logos from the draft caps are representative of the teams' actual logos.  We just have the benefit of already having seen all of the other logos in their standard applications.  All this says to me is that maybe we shouldn't judge the new logo until we see the actual new logo, instead of just a weird, outliney, not-colored-in version of it.

But liiiike, I can't wait to judge at that point!  

There's a strong case that the neon lights logos are representative of the teams' actual logos, just modified. Otherwise they wouldn't be on draft hats. 

"Representative of" is a nebulous phrase used by the guy in LA.

4 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I mean, the Jazz are navy, gold and green (all colors seen in that photo). Definitely not purple, though.

Most people don’t include the color of the field when thinking about what colors are represented.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

There's a strong case that the neon lights logos are representative of the teams' actual logos, just modified. Otherwise they wouldn't be on draft hats. 

That's all I was saying. That tweet and its wording do nothing to make me think that cap logo isn't real.

In all likelihood, it is real. 

16 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It's nebulous, but it's also a pretty accurate description.  With almost all of the logos, the use of the "neon" lines distorts them significantly, making them "representative" of the actual logos.  With the existing logos, we already know what the actual logos look so we can fill in the blanks in our minds, whereas we're left to speculate/guess with the Rams logo.

There's a kind of royal blue halo around the LA which makes me think that's gonna be the actual team color and the Navy is just the color they chose for the hat itself. Keep in mind this is just a guess.

19 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

There's a kind of royal blue halo around the LA which makes me think that's gonna be the actual team color and the Navy is just the color they chose for the hat itself. Keep in mind this is just a guess.

I'm pretty sure that's just a lighting issue. All of the other neon hats are on a black background. That makes me think something weird happened with the exposure (whether on purpose or not) of the image to make everything appear lighter, which could also help explain the explanation that this hat isn't representative of the logo.

They shoulda just recolored the navy and gold Ram head logo.

They're not even fully going back to the original colors. They're keeping navy, so all they had to do was recolor the gold horns and outline yellow.

The solution was so simple...

29 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

They're not even fully going back to the original colors. They're keeping navy, so all they had to do was recolor the gold horns and outline yellow.

The solution was so simple...

Yup. 

16 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

They're not even fully going back to the original colors. They're keeping navy...

I'm a fan of the navy/metallic gold/white. It's a classy look. I always think of the "Golden Fleece" legend with the Rams, so met. gold's an appropriate element IMO.

They could add some light met. gold to the helmet horns, and not compromise that iconlc silhouette.

The helmets would then look like they belong to the navy/gold/white unis...

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m sorry that looks awful if they don’t keep the horns the way they are then you know for sure they will be changing in five years... which could be the plan...

I can't believe that we have seen nothing of the Chargers and the radio guy said they would blow everyone away. No leaks anywhere? 

On 3/14/2020 at 2:40 PM, sparky chewbarky said:

I'm a fan of the navy/metallic gold/white. It's a classy look. I always think of the "Golden Fleece" legend with the Rams, so met. gold's an appropriate element IMO.

They could add some light met. gold to the helmet horns, and not compromise that iconlc silhouette.

The helmets would then look like they belong to the navy/gold/white unis...

spacer.png

spacer.png

As a Rams fan, i don't hate this. Not what I'd choose, but better than what I fear will be the reality.

I’m just getting increasingly less optimistic about this.

9 hours ago, Krz said:

I’m just getting increasingly less optimistic about this.

Definitely not-on-topic, but these are my exact feelings on the Seattle NHL process. 

Back on topic, it is quite amazing that there hasn't been something that is going to be official that has been leaked. 

8 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

It is quite amazing that there hasn't been something that is going to be official that has been leaked. 

We legit say this with EVERY reveal. 

14 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

We legit say this with EVERY reveal. 

And then two days before the unveiling, some merchandise gets revealed early.  😁

On 3/15/2020 at 4:51 PM, hawk36 said:

I can't believe that we have seen nothing of the Chargers and the radio guy said they would blow everyone away. No leaks anywhere? 

A Chargers change has not been confirmed by anyone.