Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, colortv said:

A Chargers change has not been confirmed by anyone.

Wasn’t their change to the baby blue pretty much their “change” last year. No need to do anything.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

12 hours ago, kimball said:

Wasn’t their change to the baby blue pretty much their “change” last year. No need to do anything.

Loved the yellow facemask. Return to a block style numbering and make a powder blue road look. Nothing else needed

25 minutes ago, dbofox said:

Loved the yellow facemask. Return to a block style numbering and make a powder blue road look. Nothing else needed

the bolt patterns with the current jersey and pant are atrocious...modern cuts be damned but they need to either go back to the traditional bolt patterns or completely reinvent the bolt treatment.

13 hours ago, kimball said:

The current uniforms are pale imitations of their best look. They need to return to the classic bolt stylings at the very least. 

52 minutes ago, IceCap said:

The current uniforms are pale imitations of their best look. They need to return to the classic bolt stylings at the very least. 

I concur, but without the gray facemask. 

spacer.png

I was kind of disappointed with how bad the yellow facemasks looked in games this season. When they announced them it was with the powder blue jerseys and done in some very-well balanced graphics from the social team that really made them pop. 

But, in games -- especially when worn with the white jerseys, which for some reason they were electing to wear at home, the yellow looked really awkward. 

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

But, in games -- especially when worn with the white jerseys, which for some reason they were electing to wear at home, the yellow looked really awkward. 

Because the most dominant colour on the whites (other than white) is drab navy. The yellow/gold/saffron masks looked great anytime they were paired with the powder blues. 

I suspect the new uniforms were designed around powder blue, and will feature powder blue more prominently on the white jerseys. 

8 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Because the most dominant colour on the whites (other than white) is drab navy. The yellow/gold/saffron masks looked great anytime they were paired with the powder blues. 

I suspect the new uniforms were designed around powder blue, and will feature powder blue more prominently on the white jerseys. 

the yellow masks only looked good on the color rush uniforms because they had yellow numbers that tied the look in nicely...another thing about the color rush is that I think that shade of blue (light royal?) was by far the best representation of the original chargers blue...when they did throwbacks i think they got lazy and went with whatever reebok/ripon's stock columbia (e.g. oilers) which was much too light compared to the originals...the modern powder blue is even worse as it too close to cyan...I know it steps on the rams toes, but the color palette of the color rush is the best fit for the chargers in my opinion.

On 3/17/2020 at 3:02 PM, guest23 said:

the yellow masks only looked good on the color rush uniforms because they had yellow numbers that tied the look in nicely...another thing about the color rush is that I think that shade of blue (light royal?) was by far the best representation of the original chargers blue...when they did throwbacks i think they got lazy and went with whatever reebok/ripon's stock columbia (e.g. oilers) which was much too light compared to the originals...the modern powder blue is even worse as it too close to cyan...I know it steps on the rams toes, but the color palette of the color rush is the best fit for the chargers in my opinion.

It's not the best fit because A. The fans prefer powder over everything else by a mile  B. As you mentioned, the color rush is too close to the Rams.

2 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

Chargers new blue is pretty much purple and it is effing sweeeeet 

if I get permission I’ll post pics

Who's actually going to give you permission to leak info?  Don't turn into another Teal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

Chargers new blue is pretty much purple and it is effing sweeeeet 

if I get permission I’ll post pics

Is this from your source who does commercials for local pizza places?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived