Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'm curious as to how bright those yellow pants really are.  They call it "sunshine yellow", we'll see about that.

The Chargers play the Panthers at home, that could be a color rush game since the primary colors are similar.

They have an away game in Miami, who wears white at home.  Which uni would the Chargers wear then?

I'm hoping the Miami game falls in November or December and we get the Dolphins in aqua throwback. That would be a great looking game.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'm curious as to how bright those yellow pants really are.  They call it "sunshine yellow", we'll see about that.

From an official/print color standard, its the same yellow as Green Bay and Pittsburgh. So dont see being much different from theirs when it comes to the pants

spacer.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I like the Chargers' yellow pants, and I'm glad they're back. Hopefully, they're used a bunch. I also liked the Fouts era blue, but there's no reason for a set with that color nor is there a reason for an all-navy set other than merchandise sales.

You only get 16 games, and you take away from what should be your best uniforms when you start working in color rush and alternate sets. The Chargers did the right thing by dropping navy as the primary, and they should ditch it for good.

And while I love powder blue jerseys, I don't understand the fuss for powder blue pants. This is not '70s baseball, and the Chargers are not the University of North Carolina.

3 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Best looks are home and away with white pants. I could live without the rest.

Yup. The yellow pants just don't work and they should have kept the white inserts on the Powder Blue jersey.

And there's really no good solution for the Color Rush.

VoeWYid.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

16 minutes ago, TornadoGTS said:

From an official/print color standard, its the same yellow as Green Bay and Pittsburgh. So dont see being much different from theirs when it comes to the pants

spacer.png

This is the first time I've ever noticed the Steelers logo and 19 shaped into the thigh pads. That's an interesting little touch. Is that just a Smith-Schuster thing?

4 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Yup. The yellow pants just don't work and they should have kept the white inserts on the Powder Blue jersey.

Well let's just start the Chargers' five year clock now!

Man, I hesitate to wonder what everybody here would be doing during the pandemic if there weren't an unusually high number of unveilings this year.

3 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

This is the first time I've ever noticed the Steelers logo and 19 shaped into the thigh pads. That's an interesting little touch. Is that just a Smith-Schuster thing?

A lot of guys started doing that in 2018 I think. It looks cool 

On 4/21/2020 at 12:40 PM, larrypep said:

I dunno. I’d give the Pats a 7/0 frame and the Falcons a tossed the bowling ball into the next lane and crashed into the pin changing gate. 

This is how I rate the new/returned-to-old unis:
10:  Bucs
9:  Bolts (-1 for helmet numbers)

7.  Browns (-2 for not returning orange pants.  -1 for still being boring)

7.  Colts (-1 for possible logo infringement, -2 for minor change to uniform that barely qualifies as a "Change")
6:  Pats (-2 for dropping silver pants.  -2 for primary not returning to red)

FAILING GRADES

2.  Falcons (-1 for gradient alt.  -2 for unitard looks.  -1 for no-contrast socks.  -1 for ridiculously-sized "ATL".  - 3 for having great alts and sorry-ass every-days) 

-8.  Rams (-5 for gradient logos.  -3 for kindergarten-quality ram-head logo.  -10 for failing to turn in uniform homework before the draft.  You had 3 years.  3 years!!!

26 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

And there's really no good solution for the Color Rush.

VoeWYid.png

Yellow pants look great with it.  The Chargers wore yellow pants with the powder blue from 1966 until 1972 when the switched to royal blue jerseys, keeping the yellow pants until 1985.

I'm thrilled over their return but do agree powder blue pants would've been a good addition.

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Ahhh! There are only 16 games! This is madness!

this is what I was saying in the Falcons thread a few weeks ago! At some point, people got all worked up about mix-and-match combos, and now teams have a unique combo for each game, which is complete overkill for the sport with the shortest season. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

They aren't mixing the blues though, its not like the Titans or the Hasselbeck era Seahawks. The home and away uniform only uses powder blue, the first color rush only uses royal blue, the last color rush only uses navy blue.

10 hours ago, _RH_ said:

Downgrade: probably unpopular, but I think having navy and powder blue trim on every uniform aspect brought the set together.  The 60s set and 90s set were both awesome, but if you want to identify with both colors I'd prefer you wear both every week.

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

1 - Which of those combinations looks the best?

2 - Why do you want them to look less than their best at least 4 times, maybe 7 times?

I like to mix it up. I think the powder blue over white is the best.

1 hour ago, Gobbi said:

They're called treDCALs. I've seen players wear everything from team logos and their number to phrases (Ohio State cornerback and presumed top-five pick Jeff Okudah wore some that said "Free Jefe" last season, for example).

41 minutes ago, Froob said:

I like to mix it up. I think the powder blue over white is the best.

So you like 'mix it up' more than 'best look'.

I'm ok with that. I disagree, of course, but that's your opinion.

It's where I sit.

12 hours ago, _RH_ said:

The 60s set and 90s set were both awesome, but if you want to identify with both colors I'd prefer you wear both every week.

Ugh, no thanks. The previous set tried to make everyone happy by using powder blue and navy together in the primary set and it just looked bad. The powder blue in particular created this weird green effect against the gold bolt. It was all just too busy. 

A gold bolt with a powder blue outline is all they need, and I'm glad that's the direction they went in. 

The alts are pointless and dumb but that's the NFL these days. 

17 hours ago, j'villejags said:

yK7q07I.png

oPsHYo6.png

These two, I am ALL about.  

And for the record, I love the new Navy alternates, even with the white helmet.  The navy bolt is a nice nod to the very first helmet design).  But yeah, if the NFL ever allows for a second helmet color, either of these two would be super slick.

13 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Ugh, no thanks. The previous set tried to make everyone happy by using powder blue and navy together in the primary set and it just looked bad. The powder blue in particular created this weird green effect against the gold bolt. It was all just too busy. 

A gold bolt with a powder blue outline is all they need, and I'm glad that's the direction they went in. 

The alts are pointless and dumb but that's the NFL these days. 

You're right on the green effect on the bolt. It was definitely a set that was trying very hard to make everyone happy.

I still contend a lot could've been fixed by swapping the powder and navy on the bolt and using white inserts on the white jersey and pants. 

Archived