NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

6 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Since we can all agree that there needs to be more purple, I decided to (roughly) mock up what that would look like, along with a purple version and another set that switches around the coloring:

oOGBX6Q.png

The new uniforms with these changes, along with pinstripes on the shorts, could have been some of the best in the NBA. Instead I would liken it to what's happening in the world of corporate design now: stripped down design trying to act as a throwback. The decisions they went with meant we ended up with something way too bland.

Is it possible to see these in the original purple? The darkened purple really brings the whole set down.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa I was not expecting a new court. I do like what they did with the pattern it's nice seeing a team "going out there" with court designing. But just like the uniforms I wish they had more purple. They've been using the same court design since they rebranded from the bobcats I think. 

IMG-7122.gif

14 minutes ago, QCS said:

Is it possible to see these in the original purple? The darkened purple really brings the whole set down.

Went back to change it only to realize that I did use the original purple. Here's the difference between the two on a purple set though. Original on the left, new on the right.

QdKv1a2.png

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

6 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Went back to change it only to realize that I did use the original purple. Here's the difference between the two on a purple set though. Original on the left, new on the right.

QdKv1a2.png

Huh, look at that. I think it's the purple pinstripes on the home, too much purple and not enough teal there. Looks better than the real thing, though.

the user formerly known as cdclt

3 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

QdKv1a2.png

I don't think I ever noticed just how dark and lifeless the new purple is compared to the old one. That is a massive difference.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

Since we can all agree that there needs to be more purple, I decided to (roughly) mock up what that would look like, along with a purple version and another set that switches around the coloring:

oOGBX6Q.png

The new uniforms with these changes, along with pinstripes on the shorts, could have been some of the best in the NBA. Instead I would liken it to what's happening in the world of corporate design now: stripped down design trying to act as a throwback. The decisions they went with meant we ended up with something way too bland.

The bottom set is what these should've looked like. With maybe an additional outline matching the base of the jersey. 

The color balance is off on the top set. 

The actual ones aren't bad and are an upgrade but too much white and not enough purple. 

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

spacer.png

What was so hard about just modernizing these? I think the new ones are ok. Just kind of a halfass attempt at a throwback. Striped shorts would have been fresh too. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

oOGBX6Q.png

The top right one is all they need.

3 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

What was so hard about just modernizing these? I think the new ones are ok. Just kind of a halfass attempt at a throwback. Striped shorts would have been fresh too. 

I wouldn't even say it was half of an ass. A quarter?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

This feels like a lateral move. They badly need more purple, but the pinstripes are a nice nod (even though they should continue on the shorts). That spiky font has never worked, especially when it’s so thin and the numbers are so bold, they got away with it on the last set due to the numbers not having an outline and being a different color but it’s really jarring now. I could understand the outlines looking black a  tv a distance, which is a pretty big failure for a team that is synonymous with teal and purple.  The short design has potential and I do like the emphasis on the hexagon and the profile hornet, ditching the Buzz City was the right call. 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Adding a stroke around the numbers helps a lot. I would have added a thin purple double pinstripe to the collar and armhole trim.

Not a fan of the new court at all. Besides going teal overload by changing the key color, not having the honeycomb inside the 3-point line reeks of change for change’s sake and a clear downgrade.

Archived