MLB Offseason 2021: Hot Stoves, Bat Flips, & Bubbleball

CS85

4 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

I figured Snell would be gone after he reacted like he did for getting pulled during the WS, but it’ll be interesting to see how he handles having to hit most outings, as well as how he handles a lineup after the second time through. I guess we’ll learn if he is a true Cy Young pitcher or just an average one. He’ll have a huge advantage with that SD ballpark, but, and a favorable matchup depending where he lands in that rotation. I think the Rays made the right move and got a great return

I figured this time next year he'd be traded, but the Rays have always usually followed the "traded a year too early than a year too late" mantra.  The only one they may have waited too long on was Longoria.

A local podcast I listen to made a good point today, saying how these team friendly contracts the Rays sign players to is not only to benefit themselves, but in the case of a trade, the other team.  I honestly never put that into perspective but it makes sense.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs are now shopping Contreras.  Within a few weeks, the Ricketts will be filing for bankruptcy and liquidating all the Marquee Network signage, pens, and tape dispensers.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

19 hours ago, CS85 said:

Cubs are now shopping Contreras.  Within a few weeks, the Ricketts will be filing for bankruptcy and liquidating all the Marquee Network signage, pens, and tape dispensers.

Marquee was really a remarkable case of everyone telling them it was a bad idea but them plowing through with it anyway because they had the idea ten years ago. If they settled at even half the carriage fee they had expected to charge, I'd be surprised. SportsVision and the White Sox, history repeats itself.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So many baseball teams are dumping salary that one of them is going to accidentally make the playoffs with a silly ass 80-82 like record. The NL Central is going to be 2006 level bad. The Padres and Dodgers, meanwhile, will be Wild & Crazy Kids. I think I'll just be a stay up late and watch the Padres baseball fan this season. 

The Reds aren't going to resign Trevor Bauer and I'm more than cool with that. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, Sport said:

So many baseball teams are dumping salary that one of them is going to accidentally make the playoffs with a silly ass 80-82 like record. The NL Central is going to be 2006 level bad. The Padres and Dodgers, meanwhile, will be Wild & Crazy Kids. I think I'll just be a stay up late and watch the Padres baseball fan this season. 

The Reds aren't going to resign Trevor Bauer and I'm more than cool with that. 

I'd been wondering what the hell the Cardinals were doing or, rather, NOT doing. Now they actually have a chance to win the division... because someone has to. It's essentially a four-way race to see who's just not quite as bad as the other four, with Pittsburgh already in 5th place.

This isn't so much a "who can stay afloat" situation as much as it's a "whichever team can hold it's breath the longest is gonna wait til the other four teams drown and then pile their corpses on top of each of other just so they can climb up and at least get their nose above water" scenario.

Mets/Indians trade!

Mets get:

• Francisco Lindor
  • Carlos Carrasco

Indians get:

• Andrés Giménez
  • Josh Wolf,
  • other guys not yet mentioned
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 minute ago, CS85 said:

Mets/Indians trade!

Mets get:

• Francisco Lindor
  • Carlos Carrasco

Indians get:

• Andrés Giménez
  • Josh Wolf,
  • other guys not yet mentioned

I can at least like Lindor now that he’s now part of the Mets and not the Cleveland Baseball Organization 

All the goodwill they're trying to engender is a distraction from the extent to which they're tearing it all down to save money. Carrasco and Lindor for some dudes, what the hell.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

How the hell do the Yankees have the money to sigh Kluber after just paying the net worth of a small country for Gerrit Cole last year?

Oh wait, they're the Yankees. 

this is why some sort of salary cap needs to be implemented. I know it will never happen, but... 

Archived