NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

22 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I love the idea of a black home jersey for the Lighting, and I like the idea of silver as their “light” color, but I neeeeed some blue.

Plus, the silver looks mostly dull aside from the picture at the top of the article. A team with called Lightning should have something resembling lightning somewhere.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/6/2019 at 5:26 PM, Bucfan56 said:

Whatever the Canucks do, I REALLY hope they don't revert to the old "Stick in Rink" logo as the primary. I know a lot of people love it, but I'll absolutely never understand why. It's one of my least favorite logos of all time and it's hard to find a logo that's lamer in execution than that one IMO. It's a stick over a "rink" that makes a C, but every single part of that explanation feels like a huge stretch. And it just comes across as such a dated product of 1970s fashion that it might as well be a canary yellow refrigerator with orange linoleum. I'd tolerate it as a shoulder logo, if they absolutely insisted, but it's a miserably weak primary logo. Especially when they have that Johnny Canuck logo, which is one of my absolute favorite logos of all time.

There was a time when I agreed, and part of me still does, however I think it would work. I love its history and simplicity. You can still utilise a logo family with it but I think it would clean up so much visual clutter that the Canucks are burdened by these days. It would be a breath of fresh air to me.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

My good buddies got a sneak peak of the Wild 3rd concepts in October-  as him and another friend are split super good season tickets and they had a little focus group.

Im going to transcript his texts. I haven't seen or heard anything so take it with a grain of salt:

"Got to go see a couple of the Wilds concept jerseys for next year.  Black. With the Minnesota Script from the green jersey"

"The captain c was in the state of MN patch."

"Black embroidered star on the middle of the arm, but same color as the black sleeve so not too prominent "

"black gold and green. Black and a muted gold on the script."

I'd. shocked if these actually got picked, they were just a little focus group, and they probably have 25 different options and only showed them a few of them. 

2 hours ago, tajmccall said:

My good buddies got a sneak peak of the Wild 3rd concepts in October-  as him and another friend are split super good season tickets and they had a little focus group.

Im going to transcript his texts. I haven't seen or heard anything so take it with a grain of salt:

"Got to go see a couple of the Wilds concept jerseys for next year.  Black. With the Minnesota Script from the green jersey"

"Black embroidered star on the middle of the arm, but same color as the black sleeve so not too prominent "

I'd. shocked if these actually got picked, they were just a little focus group, and they probably have 25 different options and only showed them a few of them. 

A black jersey for the Wild would be awful... But everything else sounds intriguing for the Wild...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, tajmccall said:

Black is not a part of the Wild's color scheme, if they were to add black it would be a major mistake. I think the Wild have had a pretty good uniform history overall, but a black jersey would completely ruin that IMO.

I am intrigued about the MN state with the captain C and the script coming back though, just not on black.

8 hours ago, Section30 said:

Black is not a part of the Wild's color scheme, if they were to add black it would be a major mistake. I think the Wild have had a pretty good uniform history overall, but a black jersey would completely ruin that IMO.

I am intrigued about the MN state with the captain C and the script coming back though, just not on black.

The Wild do more fan research than probably any other team in the league, so rest assured that whatever they choose to do in the future, they will have done their due diligence to make sure their core fans are excited about it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 2/8/2019 at 8:59 PM, andrewharrington said:

The Wild do more fan research than probably any other team in the league, so rest assured that whatever they choose to do in the future, they will have done their due diligence to make sure their core fans are excited about it.

It shows.  Their home and roads have never looked better in spite of not matching.  I just hope they aren't thinking of going the black-for-black's-sake route when they have the opportunity to make a vastly improved version of the Iron-Range Reds.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

It shows.  Their home and roads have never looked better in spite of not matching.  I just hope they aren't thinking of going the black-for-black's-sake route when they have the opportunity to make a vastly improved version of the Iron-Range Reds.

I was hoping for Kelly Green and yellow (no black), merging the two eras of Minnesota hockey.

So we've got the San Jose "stealth" Sharks jerseys, Those awful heathered Carolina thirds. The Lightning thirds with the spray painted grey sleeves, the All Star jerseys, and now this new info about a potential Wild alternate. 

I am noticing a pattern and I am not liking it.

My hope is that the Lightning, especially if they don't win a Cup this year, get rid of the whole "Maple Wings" look now that Stevie Y is gone, and go back to something closer to their traditional look incorporating the black and blue together in a decent way and not the extremes of their current home, road,and thirds. 

6 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Black, gold and green sounds suspiciously similar to the pre-relocation North Stars.

It was a shame to replace the N*, because those were just about perfect, but I really liked those pre-location jerseys too. I still think that the best set the Dallas Stars have ever had were their first season's set. 

15 hours ago, Chromatic said:

So we've got the San Jose "stealth" Sharks jerseys, Those awful heathered Carolina thirds. The Lightning thirds with the spray painted grey sleeves, the All Star jerseys, and now this new info about a potential Wild alternate. 

I am noticing a pattern and I am not liking it.

I'm noticing a pattern too.  A pattern that has Adidas spending more time on trendy embellishments than the actual design of their jerseys.  How much better would the "stealth" stealth jerseys look if they'd taken contrast into consideration, how improved would the Hurricanes alternate look if "storm grey" wasn't confined to the yoke and how much better would Tampa's alternate look with some blue and white striping.  Make solid design first, then worry about the embellishments.

50 minutes ago, Morgo said:

I'm noticing a pattern too.  A pattern that has Adidas spending more time on trendy embellishments than the actual design of their jerseys.  How much better would the "stealth" stealth jerseys look if they'd taken contrast into consideration, how improved would the Hurricanes alternate look if "storm grey" wasn't confined to the yoke and how much better would Tampa's alternate look with some blue and white striping.  Make solid design first, then worry about the embellishments.

So you want a stealth look but with contrast? Kinda defeats the purpose.

As always it seems some folks are forgetting that the TEAM has final say and also has HUGE say in the direction of the jersey design as well.

On 2/10/2019 at 9:17 PM, SFGiants58 said:

I was hoping for Kelly Green and yellow (no black), merging the two eras of Minnesota hockey.

I remember there was mock up or an actual jersey with the Wild logo in green, yellow, and black from a couple years ago during the time Minnesota were to host the stadium series game.  It looked pretty sharp.  Trying to find it, but no luck.  I would take that over any Minnesota script logo or a black jersey. 

Adding a minimal amount of black as trim to a mostly green or red jersey wouldn't be too bad.

I do agree that as much as I hate that Minnesota's jerseys haven't matched in a while, they have all looked pretty damn good.

Not the actual one I remembered, but this gives an idea of what I'm talking about.

EebXMTuYQsQ4=

Archived