College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

Don't love it, but prefer it to the previous logos.

Also, does CLT immediately make everybody else think of an inappropriate word more than it does Charlotte, or am I a disgusting pervert? It could be both, I guess.

• Like 11

"When you have a cool logo to go along with Nike on the other side, it’s going to help us in recruiting"

Pathetic.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are the logos on the article traced from the reveal footage? I can’t tell if the “CLT” is really that botched for real or not, but it does appear at the very least that the “C” really does have that slight tilt at the top in every instance I’m seeing it. I can’t unsee that tilt and if that’s real, then that’s really poorly done. 

Edited by FinsUp1214

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

19 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

My wife says to me as I'm writing the article on the front page last night: "Why does it look like an IUD." Now I can't unsee it.

I liked the rebrand until you pointed this out.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I mean, this is bad.

Secondary_CLT_RGB_7484.jpg&width=600&hei

It would be pretty good, except for the bizarre tilt to the top of the letters.  Looks stupid when the C is by itself, and worse when the CLT are together.

They also have a very slight (and inconsistent) curve to the vertical strokes, making it even worse. It looks like it's melting, or like it's a bad photocopy of the actual logo.

spacer.png

• Like 12

spacer.png

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

They also have a very slight (and inconsistent) curve to the vertical strokes, making it even worse. It looks like it's melting, or like it's a bad photocopy of the actual logo.

spacer.png

I was visualizing a moonbounce starting to deflate instead of something melting.  Same general idea though.

• Like 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I think what bothers me most about it is that the sloppy parts are extremely easy to correct, and the fact they weren’t makes the approach seem very lazy. Some designers use a grid to construct thier marks, some rather align it to a grid after construction to align things correctly. In any case, the top slant is something that should have been quite obvious with the aid of a grid, and I really question how thorough the work was here if they didn’t even bother to check how everything aligned.

Edited by FinsUp1214
  • Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think what bothers me most about it is that the sloppy parts are extremely easy to correct, and the fact they weren’t makes the approach seem very lazy. Some designers use a grid to construct thier marks, some rather align it to a grid after construction to align things correctly. In any case, the top slant is something that should have been quite obvious with the aid of a grid, and I really question how thorough the work was here if they didn’t even bother to check how everything aligned.

The top slant is intentional. 9 degrees. Represents "energy" or some such nonsense.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

I had to look at their new primary logo to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me...

...There's a way to incorporate subtle design features to enhance a brand, but that 9° download thing ain't working here. The whole identity looks more at home in an airport. That said, i understand what they were going for, and despite the fact that I definitely ain't the biggest fan of the visuals, I do believe they hit their mark in terms of simplicity, scalability, and ease of reproduction.  That said...have they all but axed out the gold? Just about everything I've seen favors just green and white. Not that that's an issue, but I am curious.

And since I'm curious...just why the heck is this program nicknamed the "49ers", anyway?

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||