Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

9 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

If the Rams gave Eric Dickerson $100,000,000 in cash right now he'd complain it wasn't $100,000,001. The man complains about everything.

"SMU offered me more, Stan!"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Buc said:

Which I suppose raises an opportune moment to bring this question back to the table...as the LA brands discussion thread is in the "News" forum...is there really a need to have a whole separate "Discussion" forum, setting as how several threads in this forum have become discussion threads as is? All that seems a bit much to me, especially to have ridden this long. Just curious. 

Since discussion is the very nature of a message board and peole are going to posit their opinions in every thread, I have tried (and I believe the rest of the mod team has tried as well) to delineate between the Sports Logos News and the Sports Logos Discussion forums based on what prompts the thread.

If it's a piece of information related to what a team or league is doing in regards to sports logos or uniforms, including rumours, then it would go in News. If it's someone asking a general question about or starting a thread with an opinion about sports logos or uniforms, then it would go in Discussion.

3 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Should have just made a new set based on the color rush.

As far as Color Rush goes (most suck), I really enjoyed the Chargers and thought it could be a good basis for a new set. However, with the Rams going royal and yellow, I think that would be a bit confusing in the same market. Powder is and has always been the Chargers most popular color scheme and I think they made the right choice. Had the Rams gone navy, perhaps they could have used the Color Rush as inspiration but this is more in line with their franchise history and what the fans have been asking for.

55 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Now former players are complaining.  I wonder if that will make any difference

It won't.  That's not how this works.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Glad they dropped the navy. It should look better, much like the Dolphins when they dropped navy (though kept it in their logo). 

I always liked the idea of the shield but I think it's tough to make that balanced without a third color, so I'm fine with just a flattened bolt and word mark.

Do people prefer the modern leg bolts or the classic? Personally, I prefer the curvy new style as the old style feels more dated to me. And while you only need the outline on the helmet, I like the panel on the pants too.

Broncos-Chargers-Football-1-1570540459.j

mCa_7TqjEl55p-Pnzdbe4D454IXnspmLCcadLvra

2 hours ago, Buc said:

Which I suppose raises an opportune moment to bring this question back to the table...as the LA brands discussion thread is in the "News" forum...is there really a need to have a whole separate "Discussion" forum, setting as how several threads in this forum have become discussion threads as is? All that seems a bit much to me, especially to have ridden this long. Just curious. 

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

Since discussion is the very nature of a message board and peole are going to posit their opinions in every thread, I have tried (and I believe the rest of the mod team has tried as well) to delineate between the Sports Logos News and the Sports Logos Discussion forums based on what prompts the thread.

If it's a piece of information related to what a team or league is doing in regards to sports logos or uniforms, including rumours, then it would go in News. If it's someone asking a general question about or starting a thread with an opinion about sports logos or uniforms, then it would go in Discussion.

I'm with Buc. I've long thought the division between the news and discussion forums is unnecessary hair-splitting which seeming only applies to the original thread post. Every single post in the news forum ends up in discussion anyway, so why create the dichotomy when none is needed? I've been a long-time member of this board, and I think it was better when the news and discussion were all in one place.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

6 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Glad they dropped the navy. It should look better, much like the Dolphins when they dropped navy (though kept it in their logo). 

I always liked the idea of the shield but I think it's tough to make that balanced without a third color, so I'm fine with just a flattened bolt and word mark.

Do people prefer the modern leg bolts or the classic? Personally, I prefer the curvy new style as the old style feels more dated to me. And while you only need the outline on the helmet, I like the panel on the pants too.

Broncos-Chargers-Football-1-1570540459.j

mCa_7TqjEl55p-Pnzdbe4D454IXnspmLCcadLvra

I would love to see them use the modern pants bolt but use it without the panel so it matches more with the helmet and the jersey.

The upside bolts on the shoulder stripes are terrible. A lazy design decision that wrecked an otherwise decent uniform design. Hopefully that gets corrected for the updated uniforms.

spacer.png

I get the feeling that (assuming the helmets remain white, hopefully) that from a distance it will be hard to tell the difference between the new bolt on the helmets and the old one. I don't think it will be as pronounced as it is off a helmet. 

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

So rather than cluttering this thread with yet another Rams fixer upper/concept, I posted a my thoughts on the new LA logo as well as a quick and dirty solution to those gripes over in the concept section if anyone is interested in taking a look.

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/121603-quick-dirty-rams-logo-fix/

What took you so long?! 

Los Angeles Rams Creative Team Discusses New Logos, Color Scheme

March 25, 2020 - 20:38 PM

The Los Angeles Rams unveiled a new logo set and color scheme on Monday afternoon as a precursor to the opening of their new state-of-the-art stadium this summer.  The final result was a two-year collaborative effort between the franchise, Nike […]

Read More...

“Prepared for a negative response” sounds like Nikespeak for “we put in our own trademarked ideas that spit in the face of what fans want and they’re gonna dislike loudly and immensely but we already got paid so nyah nyah “

16 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Los Angeles Rams Creative Team Discusses New Logos, Color Scheme

March 25, 2020 - 20:38 PM

The Los Angeles Rams unveiled a new logo set and color scheme on Monday afternoon as a precursor to the opening of their new state-of-the-art stadium this summer.  The final result was a two-year collaborative effort between the franchise, Nike […]

Read More...

This is where they lost it. 

“We also introduced some accent pieces you see in the gradation (of the horn),” Befort said. “The gradient from white to yellow on the part of the ‘A’ signifies that transition of our history in Los Angeles, which includes periods with white and yellow horns. And then, when you get into the other break of the horn, you start to see orange, and the idea there is to signify the sunset, which is something that is so powerful in Southern California and something that really resonates with our fan base.”

What a monumental screw up. The fact that they actually set out to use orange to signify the sunset.....

Archived