College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Not sure how they could improve upon the design (other than maybe gray instead of white on the sleeve stripes). It’s still clearly Ohio State.

Well, it's all a matter of opinion, of course, but I think they could improve on the design by not wearing them at all. I appreciated a few of the throwback based alts the tOSU wore in the past (2016, 2010, and 2009 especially and the Natty Champ uniform from 2014/15 should just be the permanent and only uniform going forward), but their more original alternate designs have been, by and large, bad (2012's stupid huge helmet and sleeve stripes, last year's nasty all-gray mess, and this pointless mono-black thing). I don't care for monochrome uniforms in general... anybody who's read any of my posts can attest to how annoying I am about it. If you're an average high school team, or a send tier college program who, for some reason, would like to look like an average high school team (hello, Kentucky!) then monochrome uniforms are fine, but for top tier college teams and all NFL teams, the look is just cheap and out of place... again IMO, of course. And the silly mono-black uniform that teams drag out in a childish and embarrassing bid to look tough or hard should be way beneath Ohio State... although maybe when they were getting pounded by Purdue while they were wearing their God awful mono-black high school uniform, tOSU thought it was worth a try.

13 hours ago, See Red said:

All-white for the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.

I'm always very confused as to why so many teams can't maintain a consistent stripe pattern. Honestly. Why have the pant stripe pattern on white match the shirt stripe pattern on white and then have a totally different helmet stripe pattern on white? 

Add to it the helmet logo (blue with orange outline) and then the numerals (blue with white and then orange outline). This is a potentially great look that needed an art director to step in and fix obvious errors. 

Mississippi State is going all maroon.

Not huge news but I wanted an excuse to praise MSU for having excellent uniforms. The striping matches and their sets look professional, but incorporate a college-style mark on the chest. Maybe one of the best-looking teams in the nation.

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I'm always very confused as to why so many teams can't maintain a consistent stripe pattern. Honestly. Why have the pant stripe pattern on white match the shirt stripe pattern on white and then have a totally different helmet stripe pattern on white? 

Add to it the helmet logo (blue with orange outline) and then the numerals (blue with white and then orange outline). This is a potentially great look that needed an art director to step in and fix obvious errors. 

The “Gators” wordmark is too small to be double outlined.

No uniform release from the Ducks yet, but the players are wearing the black helmets in their walkthrough practice today:

Dqc-xTSXQAEf1eX?format=jpg

DqdU__zWwAEkRrs?format=jpg

Chances are this means that they’re switching things up and going either black/white/white or, less likely, black/white/black tomorrow night at Arizona. The nose bumper logos and ‘O’ decals look either white or silver in those shots, so I’m guessing they’ll just be in black/white/white with white cleats. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I’m really enjoying the look of this year’s field for Georgia vs Florida. As a Georgia fan, I always pay attention to it as it has changed over the years.

To me, this is a good modern take on what I consider the “classic” design. Growing up, I always remembered those white end zones (which at the time, had a more basic font). Of course, they also have the Jaguars yard markers (which funnily enough aren’t used on the uniforms anymore, but have remained on the field).

They did this a couple of years ago:

EverBank-Field-in-Jacksonville-is-split-

In prior years before they used custom wordmarks, they alternated between white backgrounds with team colored text and just plain grass with team colored text.

gatorbrad-20141103195218.jpg

737708708_pCMFb-M.jpg

They’ve also done the design with both teams using their home stadium endzone design, which is cool in theory, except I really disliked how the Gators design was in team colors and Georgia’s was basically just white.

hero1.jpg

The SEC Championship has also taken this protocol in recent years and I hope they change it. This was last year at the new stadium:

Mercedes-Benz-Stadium-painted-and-ready-

They also did this back in the old Dome: It looked so odd seeing a crimson Alabama endzone and a plain grass colored Gators endzone.

g4_20161203215515.jpg

36 minutes ago, LetsGoPeay said:

Indiana's unis for tonight at Minnesota. I love the block I but I wish they'd go with red pants with the white road jerseys.

Dqc4lNJWkAE8Vam.jpg

The block I is/was really cool. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

No uniform release from the Ducks yet, but the players are wearing the black helmets in their walkthrough practice today:

Chances are this means that they’re switching things up and going either black/white/white or, less likely, black/white/black tomorrow night at Arizona. The nose bumper logos and ‘O’ decals look either white or silver in those shots, so I’m guessing they’ll just be in black/white/white with white cleats. 

We’ve been wearing the blue helmets in practice this week. I’m guessing blue/red/blue.

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Just wear green guys, it's really not hard

Archived