New York Jets unveil new uniforms

This could mean a couple things ...

1) They're going to surprise us all with a game day black alt. to gauge fan reaction for the look of the new uniforms.

2) They're just preparing us for the inevitable disaster.

3) They're ?ing with us. 

Hoping for the third option, but expect the second option.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I suppose every team in the NY area that has a name that rhymes with 'regrets' has to ultimately go through this stage. Unfortunately for the Nets they haven't left the stage yet, let's hope the Jets stage is a maximum 5 years. 

Kevin+Garnett+Miami+Heat+v+Brooklyn+Nets9b01dad949b080ed9fb9c54ea56784b4--mets-b

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

14 minutes ago, kimball said:

Well, I suppose every team in the NY area that has a name that rhymes with 'regrets' has to ultimately go through this stage. Unfortunately for the Nets they haven't left the stage yet, let's hope the Jets stage is a maximum 5 years. 

You forgot the Islanders, though their name doesn't rhyme with the others. An ill-advised BFBS set just seems to be a thing you do if you're a "secondary" New York team.

G0vn5JF.jpg

ZLX1Caq.jpg

For the record I think green, black and white can be a great colour scheme, it's just not something the Jets should be doing.

0918-tex15-jerseys.png?format=750w

(See Dallas? Adding a number outline isn't hard and makes it looks so much better)

8629687.jpg

(Granted this jersey template sucked)

Provided the green and the black have enough contrast or aren't touching, looking at you University of Saskatchewan Huskies. If you think the green gets lost in this picture, just imagine watching from the stands.

the-university-of-saskatchewan-huskies-h

IEI5Tg1.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

For the record I think green, black and white can be a great colour scheme, it's just not something the Jets should be doing.

(See Dallas? Adding a number outline isn't hard and makes it looks so much better)

Provided the green and the black have enough contrast or aren't touching, looking at you University of Saskatchewan Huskies. If you think the green gets lost in this picture, just imagine watching from the stands.

See also:

London-Knights-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

You forgot the Islanders, though their name doesn't rhyme with the others. An ill-advised BFBS set just seems to be a thing you do if you're a "secondary" New York team.

G0vn5JF.jpg

ZLX1Caq.jpg

Should’ve used Gordon Fisherman as their “regret uniform”. Then they made another mistake when the RBK EDGE era began.  

Man, 5 years is so long. Browns are in year 3 and it already feels like forever ago when they made their mistake. 

XM4KeeA.png

I just want to throw this out there but the 2019 season is the NFL 100th Season so with that we could theoretically be getting throwbacks for some teams like the AFL Anniversary and the NFL 75th Anniversary.  Now, I know there's a helmet rule but I'm not gonna get into that so I'm going back to my point, anyways, this 100th Season would theoretically mean that the New York Jets have an excuse to break out a throwback and if they do that means the modern uniforms will be completely different. Even if you're getting Modern Jets, you will probably get Classic Jets too.

bSLCtu2.png

14 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

G0vn5JF.jpg

ZLX1Caq.jpg

covered every team i root for! the jets actually beat them all to incorporating black into their color scheme where it never was before.

15 hours ago, kimball said:

Kevin+Garnett+Miami+Heat+v+Brooklyn+Nets9b01dad949b080ed9fb9c54ea56784b4--mets-b

The Nets' identity is fantastic and matches their borough and arena. #UnpopularOpinion

Back to the Jets, green and black can work together. I just don't trust them and Nike to execute it properly.

No doubt green and black can work together, as the examples here prove, but the question is... does it work for the Jets? I don't think they have to be beholden to the previous looks, but at the same time, they have the sort of brand that I don't think ought to be thrown out just because. (They've also been so trash for long enough now that I can also see an argument for going black and avant-garde as a clean break, so who knows!)

Of course even the Boston Celtics seem to add more and more black into their general identity with each passing year so there's some sort of precedent happening for the traditionalist green/white teams these days.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The Jets did have black as an accent color in the 90s. But it was just an accent color. I'd be fine if they went that route again and then had a black alt jersey. But please don't make it the primary color. 

GettyImages-72338489.0-Andy_Lyons_Getty_

Played Madden recently and put the Jets in the following: 80s helmet / Color Rush jersey / 80s pants / 80s socks and it looked great. Especially since Madden made the green helmet match the color rush jersey perfectly. 

If we’re considering double greens, then could a kelly green and Liberty green á la New York Liberty work? 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived