Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

1 minute ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Something isn't right. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe there's something with the helmet numbers, I don't know. I'm mildly disappointed but don't quite know why. #4 Redesign this year.

1. Browns

2. Colts

3. Buccaneers

4. Chargers

5. Falcons

6. Patriots

Jury's still out on the Rams

To me, what's not right is they have two uniforms too many. They don't need six looks, especially when two of them are at the same time not in-uniform with the rest of the set and duplicative of one another.

My rankings are:

1. Browns

2. Falcons

3. Buccaneers

4. Colts

5. Chargers

32. Pats

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The powder blue & white jerseys with white pants are definitely the best looks of the set, so hopefully they're heaviest in the rotation. Unfortunately because there are so many combinations the so-called "primary" looks might only be worn 4 or 5 times. They really should've just pulled a 49ers and gone with more of a straight adaptation of the early '60s look. 

Having 3 different blue jerseys is completely unnecessary. The royal seems like it'll step on the Rams toes, and the all-navy is just fishing for fire emojis. Seems like a case of them trying to have their cake & eat it too. 

2 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Something isn't right. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe there's something with the helmet numbers, I don't know. I'm mildly disappointed but don't quite know why. #4 Redesign this year.

1. Browns

2. Colts

3. Buccaneers

4. Chargers

5. Falcons

6. Patriots

Jury's still out on the Rams

If we're ranking:

1. Browns, because it's such an obvious upgrade over their previous set. A+

2. Chargers, I love everything about these. A+

3. Bucs, ditto on the Browns. A.

4. Colts, minor change that was somehow long overdue. A.

5. Pats, need a different set of pants and socks but the jerseys themselves are upgrades. B-

6. Falcons...no. F

The Rams unis are going to have to be atrocious for me to rank them below the Falcons. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Good look at the actual helmet:

spacer.png

And a couple good looks at Bosa’s powder blue jersey:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The closer look at that helmet is revealing. It looks a little weird with the lack of dark color. A black outline with black numbers, preferably in a thinner font, would look much better. Or just drop the number altogether if they don’t want to change the outline of the bolt. 

1 hour ago, kutztown said:

Couldn't figure out how to embed from Instagram, but if you look at the @michaelirwinco Chargers post, it displays the full number font, 0-9.  He also has a post up on his page with some other fascinating shots surrounding the redesign. 

MOD EDIT: Here you go. Paste the Instagram URL without the ? and all the characters behind it.

Yep, after seeing this and some of the NOBs (on retail images and the Joey Bosa pic) that’s definitely the Vikings (right number) font, just slightly condensed and italicized. 

I don’t mind that, it’s a really nice rounded block font. Wouldn’t mind more teams using it as a base and making slight tweaks to it.

Great job, Chargers! Their regular sets are so just right! Now, I'm not a huge color rush guy but If they're going to go with the FOUTS era jersey on one of those uniforms, they might as well have gone with the off-color-dark-navy helmet they used to wear in that era. That is if the whole "helmet" switching rule is not in effect. 

I don't like monochrome.

I really like that navy set! Especially like the callback to the early 60s (original?) bolt coloring.

I'm a fan of the helmet numbers, and the number font in general.

It's where I sit.

I think all this hype about new unis was completly unnecessary, they aren't something that make you scream "Woooahh, skit skit skit!", they aren't comleply revolution (which is actually good) over design. They're just like they sould be, simple upgrade over previous one. Nothing less than more. Proper, solid done, good job Deisgn Co.!

IMO there is 5-1 at this moment (would be 6-0 if Falcons did few tweaks), waiting for Rams.

4r2eer.png

3 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

It's beautiful, Absolutely beautiful

Home Runs: Chargers, Colts, Buccaneers, Browns

Walks: Patriots

Strikeouts: Falcons

Expected to strike out: Rams (I'm worried they will mess it up)

Grand slam: Chargers, Bucs 

Birdie: Browns

three-pointer: Colts

shootout loss: Falcons

gutterball: Patriots

PvO6ZWJ.png

7 minutes ago, Est1980 said:

Great job, Chargers! Their regular sets are so just right! Now, I'm not a huge color rush guy but If they're going to go with the FOUTS era jersey on one of those uniforms, they might as well have gone with the off-color-dark-navy helmet they used to wear in that era. That is if the whole "helmet" switching rule is not in effect. 

It may not be in effect in 2021, but it still is in 2020, unfortunately.  

19 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Can’t have a jury if there hasn’t been a crime committed 

Sure you can. It's what we refer to as a Kangaroo Court.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived