Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

12 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Is this true? I thought it was the same time length as the jersey—5 years.

Nope. The Ravens on multiple occasions added pants out of nowhere to their designs, most notably the gold pants option that wasn't even on the team's style guide and worn for a single game.

Harbaugh explains Ravens' decision to wear gold pants | RSN

Then they had a purple pair of pants the next year followed by multiple pairs of purple pants after that before going back to one pair of purple pants.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MDGP said:

Nope. The Ravens on multiple occasions added pants out of nowhere to their designs, most notably the gold pants option that wasn't even on the team's style guide and worn for a single game.

Harbaugh explains Ravens' decision to wear gold pants | RSN

Then they had a purple pair of pants the next year followed by multiple pairs of purple pants after that before going back to one pair of purple pants.

While I think you're correct, adding is not the same as changing (though I guess you could say they're "adding" the modified version).  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

While I think you're correct, adding is not the same as changing (though I guess you could say they're "adding" the modified version).  

Right, I’d view this like that. The bengals add an option with the orange background and black stripes the same time they phase out the other ones. It just happens to occur at the same time

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

It looks fine, honestly. Absolutely an improvement over their previous set, and I'm not even really cheesed about the orange-striped white pants; if that was Nike making them do something "new", then at least they didn't infest the whole damn uniform with it like they did the Rams.

You know, at first glance... cool!  Definitely better than the previous set.  Like everyone else I think the 2nd set of white pants isn't quite right, but the other thing that bothers me on the pants is the lack of orange continuing to the top and bottom of the "stripe".  It feels like those are meant to be seen as "orange stripes on black".  Personally I think they'd look better if they constantly had "black stripes on orange" instead:

jspHNrM.png

I imagine the real challenge with "black stripes on orange" is the shoulder areas.  In conclusion, they should've just gone with the '81-'03 look :) 

San Diego Chargers running back Terrell Fletcher is tackled by... News  Photo - Getty Images

Damn look at that beautiful consistency on both teams!

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

And once again we see why Internet votes are trash.  ;)

If the Bengals included a set of charcoal gray jerseys and pants, with chrome numbers and trim, a matte gray helmet, and no black, orange or tiger stripes to speak of, that would be winning the poll. 

These are very good. Top 3 Nike re-design I'd say. If I had to nitpick the white parts in the pants stripe with the orange need to be filled in black. And the black pants should only be worn with orange socks (but they'll only be worn with black most likely.(

51 minutes ago, Justpassingby said:

These uniforms are a ten of ten you guys are on crack.

As much crack as you were on when you said multiple times that Bezos was going to be assuming ownership of a team a few weeks ago, and even gave us a BS timeframe?  

On 3/23/2021 at 9:27 AM, Justpassingby said:

Good morning. So that thing I said a few weeks ago? Yeah the team Bezos is buying will become public knowledge in the next ten days. No I won’t tell you how I know this so don’t even bother asking. But when it starts circulating I look forward to speculating with you all what the new uniforms will look like. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

This is probably why that didn't happen. 

The stripes would be limited to the sides of the pants, in my hypothetical. The stripes on the current version register as being confined within a panel, which is strange since they didn’t do that anywhere else in the set. I think they could have fit the stripes within the same amount of space, but still make it look like they were free-flowing, if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Justpassingby said:

These uniforms are a ten of ten you guys are on crack.

So which team was Bezos was supposed to buy? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

These kick ass. I wish the white pants with the orange stripes had the white parts of the panel filled in with black though. That felt like a no brainer, so weird miss there. Other than that this is a win.

I, for the life of me, can’t figure out why people on the internet insist on saying these are the same as the old uniforms. They did this with the Browns as well. Like what?! You don’t have to be a uniform nerd to know these new uniforms are different, and better looking.

Archived