Recommended Posts

Read this about the Jags new helmets today on ESPN. Apparently, they're just repainted helmets not new ... http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/25815/jaguars-uniform-overhaul-includes-dumping-two-tone-helmet

 

I'm just waiting for Bortles to get hit hard that the new paint falls off and exposes the gold. Probably the most Jaguar thing to ever happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 2019 season, the infamou Riddel VSR-4 Helmet will no longer be used by any player in the NFL. Currently players are grandfathered into wearing it for the 2018 season but Tom Brady has made a switch to Speed Flex and it looks really weird. I'm gonna miss that old Riddell helmet, it's a nostalgic look and reminds me of when I first got into Football.

 

Here is Brady in his new helmet which doesn't look quite right. it just reminds me of those Helmet Phones.

 

DmSER9mUYAA6Ada.jpg

 

 

helmet1.png?w=1000&h=1335


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 4:54 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

 

You're barking up the wrong tree there, Junior.  "When I was young" these were my favorite uniforms;

 

nolan-ryan.jpg     7_4.jpg?itok=zTmqtbN4

 

91waynedavis.png     bosrb.jpg

 

 

(Honestly, I still like them all, too.)

 

Great taste! ( not being sarcastic)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

In the 2019 season, the infamou Riddel VSR-4 Helmet will no longer be used by any player in the NFL. Currently players are grandfathered into wearing it for the 2018 season but Tom Brady has made a switch to Speed Flex and it looks really weird. I'm gonna miss that old Riddell helmet, it's a nostalgic look and reminds me of when I first got into Football.

 

Here is Brady in his new helmet which doesn't look quite right. it just reminds me of those Helmet Phones.

 

DmSER9mUYAA6Ada.jpg

 

 

helmet1.png?w=1000&h=1335


 

 

I would imagine the Schutt Air Advantage that Antonio Brown wears is banned as well. I think brady just looks stupid because of the facemark, the non custom qb mask out there for the speed flex is much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though it's the best of the Titans' three options, I will never understand opening the season in non-standard home/away uniforms. Florida State broke out their black jerseys Monday night against VT. Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Matito said:

Even though it's the best of the Titans' three options, I will never understand opening the season in non-standard home/away uniforms. Florida State broke out their black jerseys Monday night against VT. Why?

They usually wear white or columbia at the beginning of the season due to the heat. They've done it consistently for the past few years now. In fact, one of the few times they wore the columbia over white was in an early game in Miami a couple of years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 5:40 AM, ltjets21 said:

I would imagine the Schutt Air Advantage that Antonio Brown wears is banned as well. I think brady just looks stupid because of the facemark, the non custom qb mask out there for the speed flex is much better.

 

Hasn’t he been wearing a Speedflex in the preseason for several years now, only to return to a VSR4 once the regular season starts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably wont happen but it would be a great time for the vikings to introduce a throwback/alternate uniform. I would love a 1969 throwback but the 98' era uniforms could look great on the updated VU template. (Although there may be little room on the sleeves)

ctyp-1998-vikings-ap.jpg?w=800

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love for the Vikings to break out those jerseys but then I'd just get pissed off at how the satin/matte helmet shell will ruin the look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 12:47 AM, Old School Fool said:

Here is Brady in his new helmet which doesn't look quite right. it just reminds me of those Helmet Phones.

DmSER9mUYAA6Ada.jpg

The “I can’t EVER un-see that” post of the day...bonus that it looks like Tom is eating his chin strap too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ark said:

I like how the helmet purple and jersey purple are slightly different.

 

Then you must like pretty much ever Viking uniform in their history! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 1:47 AM, Old School Fool said:

In the 2019 season, the infamou Riddel VSR-4 Helmet will no longer be used by any player in the NFL. Currently players are grandfathered into wearing it for the 2018 season but Tom Brady has made a switch to Speed Flex and it looks really weird. I'm gonna miss that old Riddell helmet, it's a nostalgic look and reminds me of when I first got into Football.

 

Here is Brady in his new helmet which doesn't look quite right. it just reminds me of those Helmet Phones.

 

DmSER9mUYAA6Ada.jpg

 

 

helmet1.png?w=1000&h=1335


 

 

 

wow the SG’s are prohibited? id love to read more about that study. and see some other tests done, its hard to believe thise are the “most dangerous” helmets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

wow the SG’s are prohibited? id love to read more about that study. and see some other tests done, its hard to believe thise are the “most dangerous” helmets

 

Skepticism is always warranted when dealing with the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

The Vikings won't have a throwback uniform. They're just honoring the 20 year anniversary of the 15-1 '98 team

So they’re going to miss an easy victory-clinching field goal, take a knee instead of going deep to try for a late win, and blow a franchise-defining game against an inferior opponent? 

 

(I’m sorry. I’m still bitter we didn’t get Broncos-Vikings in the Super Bowl that year. Would’ve been incredible.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 1:50 PM, kimball said:

Read this about the Jags new helmets today on ESPN. Apparently, they're just repainted helmets not new ... http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/25815/jaguars-uniform-overhaul-includes-dumping-two-tone-helmet

 

I'm just waiting for Bortles to get hit hard that the new paint falls off and exposes the gold. Probably the most Jaguar thing to ever happen.

The gold on the helmets was painted as well (as was the matte black).. If I were a betting man, I'd bet the helmets have always been all-black under the 2-tone paint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.